Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Add OEM heated seats?

Old 1/11/16, 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Add OEM heated seat switches?

I'm actually more so curious as to how i can find a way to use the factory heated seat switch to activate as a power source/trigger for the relay on each seat.

I have manual seats though i forgot to mention that.

I had a radio bezel that had the heated seat buttons, when I plugged it in and hit the button for heated seat it would light up. So would that mean the car is wired for heated seats? If so i'd just take the power wire that would be active while the heated seat button is active and have that feed into the relay to trigger the aftermarket heated seat to power.

With my scoche double din setup, it has the ability to allow heated seats (if you're vehicle is equipped with them) so if I could make it a real option that would be sweet!

I was thinking maybe I'd have to change out the HVAC module (the little black box here)

for one from a car with heated seats and single climate control. I also then wonder what kind of extra wiring harness or replacement i'd need if anything at all or if the 2013 seat plugs are already wired for it as well as any programming to the HVAC system using a VCMII or not.

Any ideas?

I do have aftermarket heated seating that I've installed to my manual seats, I'm simply just trying to find a way to allow the factory buttons to activate a relay.

Last edited by DeeJayTJ; 1/11/16 at 10:46 AM.
Old 1/11/16, 03:13 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm thinking i need to start with this "CR3Z19980D" my current HVAC Control is "CR33-19980-AB" although the one ending with AB thats on my car, does allow the heated seat buttons to light up if i remember correctly... maybe they dont i dont know! my car is in the **** shop i cant check lol.

Old 1/15/16, 10:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeJayTJ
I'm actually more so curious as to how i can find a way to use the factory heated seat switch to activate as a power source/trigger for the relay on each seat.

I have manual seats though i forgot to mention that.

I had a radio bezel that had the heated seat buttons, when I plugged it in and hit the button for heated seat it would light up. So would that mean the car is wired for heated seats? If so i'd just take the power wire that would be active while the heated seat button is active and have that feed into the relay to trigger the aftermarket heated seat to power.

With my scoche double din setup, it has the ability to allow heated seats (if you're vehicle is equipped with them) so if I could make it a real option that would be sweet!

I was thinking maybe I'd have to change out the HVAC module (the little black box here)

for one from a car with heated seats and single climate control. I also then wonder what kind of extra wiring harness or replacement i'd need if anything at all or if the 2013 seat plugs are already wired for it as well as any programming to the HVAC system using a VCMII or not.

Any ideas?

I do have aftermarket heated seating that I've installed to my manual seats, I'm simply just trying to find a way to allow the factory buttons to activate a relay.
You can't program the HVAC module with the VCMII. You need to buy one with heated seats.
Here is the diagram for wiring the HVAC module to your relays.
The buttons work through CAn bus to the HVAC module.

LEXiiON
Attached Thumbnails Add OEM heated seats?-seat_1.jpg   Add OEM heated seats?-seat_2.jpg  
Old 1/18/16, 06:03 PM
Bullitt Member

thank you very much! do you by anychance have a pinout diagram? I dont know if my dash's wire harness would even have the wires on the harness
Old 1/18/16, 06:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeJayTJ
thank you very much! do you by anychance have a pinout diagram? I dont know if my dash's wire harness would even have the wires on the harness
Here we go
LEXiiON
Attached Thumbnails Add OEM heated seats?-image.jpeg  
Old 1/19/16, 08:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEXiiON
Here we go
LEXiiON

Thank you very much!!! I'll be sure to update once the new HVAC Control comes in!
Old 10/27/16, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did it end up working out for you?
Old 11/7/16, 03:36 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
How did it end up working out for you?
I'm curious too.
I installed 2013 Powered/ Heated seats into my 2010. I switched out the Air Bag system from the 2010 into the 2013 seats. Airbag light is off.

To get power (my oem plug did not have) I spliced from +12V to the pins on the bottom of the seats. My power seats now work.

My problem now is getting the heated seats to work. I have done everything -Radio/ HVAC buttons, both fuses (engine and kick panel), heated seat module. etc.

Now all I get, with the engine running, is the heated seat switch lights up, but no heat.

I have searched looking for the correct wiring harness, but no luck. (I actually would love to avoid doing this)

My question - can I run a wire from the back of the HVAC Module (pin 9,10) to the Heated Seat Relay (pin 2)? I could then tap +12V to pin 3
Am I looking at this correctly???
Old 11/17/16, 06:44 AM
V6 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just tackled this last weekend. I bought aftermarket heated pads from amazon. I also did the nav upgrade with heated seat face plate and dash harness. I found the wires to tap into, but they are very small gauge. The wire from the aftermarket heaters was one gauge thicker. I didn't want to try it due to fear of fire.
Old 11/19/16, 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by GT227
I just tackled this last weekend. I bought aftermarket heated pads from amazon. I also did the nav upgrade with heated seat face plate and dash harness. I found the wires to tap into, but they are very small gauge. The wire from the aftermarket heaters was one gauge thicker. I didn't want to try it due to fear of fire.
Isn't this what relays are for?
Old 2/8/17, 11:55 AM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Any updates?
Old 10/16/18, 03:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cjjiii
I'm curious too.
I installed 2013 Powered/ Heated seats into my 2010. I switched out the Air Bag system from the 2010 into the 2013 seats. Airbag light is off.

To get power (my oem plug did not have) I spliced from +12V to the pins on the bottom of the seats. My power seats now work.

My problem now is getting the heated seats to work. I have done everything -Radio/ HVAC buttons, both fuses (engine and kick panel), heated seat module. etc.

Now all I get, with the engine running, is the heated seat switch lights up, but no heat.

I have searched looking for the correct wiring harness, but no luck. (I actually would love to avoid doing this)

My question - can I run a wire from the back of the HVAC Module (pin 9,10) to the Heated Seat Relay (pin 2)? I could then tap +12V to pin 3
Am I looking at this correctly???
did you ever get this working?

The only update i have, is that the HVAC Module i bought - supposedly came from a car with heated seats, but no signal from pin 9 and 10 of the hvac using the oem heated seat buttons.