Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Raxiom working on 2013 style tail lights with AM?

Old 7/9/12, 09:38 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Raxiom working on 2013 style tail lights with AM?

Is it true that raxiom and American muscle is working on a 2013 style LED rear tail lights for 10-12 mustang and due out in August?

Care to confirm AM?
Old 7/9/12, 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

I hope so, that would be great!
Old 7/9/12, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

If not, I'm working on printing pre-cut vinyl....I did the template and everything. Prices will be out soon.
Attached Thumbnails Raxiom working on 2013 style tail lights with AM?-image-3911336919.jpg   Raxiom working on 2013 style tail lights with AM?-image-3150253812.jpg  
Old 7/9/12, 10:31 AM
GT Member

That is sweet! So is just vinyl covers right? Depending on the price I like to go with this option until raxiom come out with the actual lights. I'm in, so please keep us updated!
Old 7/9/12, 01:15 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BOWTIE-X
That is sweet! So is just vinyl covers right? Depending on the price I like to go with this option until raxiom come out with the actual lights. I'm in, so please keep us updated!
Yeah, that's what I'm looking at. As long as its cost-effective, I'm going start producing them for everyone.

I should know something by the end of the week.
Old 7/9/12, 01:33 PM
GT Member

is the vinyl going to be dark enough so no light would penetrate?
Old 7/9/12, 01:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Is it true that raxiom and American muscle is working on a 2013 style LED rear tail lights for 10-12 mustang and due out in August?

Care to confirm AM?
Not even ten minutes ago I ordered the $45 smoke tint for mine. Very nearly ordered the Raxioms they currently have for the 10-12... but I don't like that bottom backup light.
Old 7/9/12, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor

Hey guys,

I'm pushing Raxiom to make a tail light like that for you! That vinyl really does look cool though, I'll let you know if I hear anything at all!

Shane

Last edited by AMWill; 7/9/12 at 02:16 PM.
Old 7/9/12, 03:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think its a potential hot product if they make a quality piece.
Old 7/9/12, 05:56 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Hey guys,

I'm pushing Raxiom to make a tail light like that for you! That vinyl really does look cool though, I'll let you know if I hear anything at all!

Shane
Thank you Shane, so is still not written in stone. Regardless, if someone can come out with a 2013 tail light to fit the 10-12, I think it's definitely going to be a no brainer that is probably going to be one of the hottest selling lights for pre 2013. I have to admit, I really liked the Camaro so I got one, but I always had my eyes on the return of 5.0, but when I seen the 2013 with those new black LED tails, I said I had to get rid of my Camaro and get the 13 5.0. Even tho I came home without what I originally went in the ford dealership to get, I am still happy and don't second doubt my choice, but if 2013 style rear tails does become available, I will be the happiest man in the world LOL!
Old 7/9/12, 06:11 PM
GT Member

Would be a hot seller for sure!
Old 7/9/12, 07:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'd buy em
Old 7/9/12, 08:42 PM
Cobra Member

is the vinyl going to be dark enough so no light would penetrate?
Yes, there won't be any light penetrating. What's on my car is plasti-dip. I just wanted to see an idea of how it would look before I invested in the vinyl.
Old 7/10/12, 12:48 PM
GT Member

young stang, make it happen bro. I would buy em in a heart beat myself, and being nothing but a similar tail light tint, it should be really cost effective. This would be a great option for someone that really like the 2013 tail light style and can't wait until teh actual lights come out. If it was available now, I would take a pair NOW! LOL!
Old 7/10/12, 02:02 PM
V6 Member

young stang, make it happen bro. I would buy em in a heart beat myself, and being nothing but a similar tail light tint, it should be really cost effective. This would be a great option for someone that really like the 2013 tail light style and can't wait until teh actual lights come out. If it was available now, I would take a pair NOW! LOL!
Ditto, PayPal standing by...
Old 7/10/12, 03:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'd buy a set of vinyl overlays until the Raxiom/AM set comes out. Try to do a set in CarbonFiber Di-noc and I'd pay more!

May I suggest that when you have them made you make it cover the reverse light a little more! The 2013's reverse lights are smaller than the 2012's.
Old 7/10/12, 04:44 PM
Cobra Member

I went today....I'm going to start producing these and planning on having them ready by next week. Price as of right now looks like somewhere between $40-$80 for the set depending on what grade vinyl I use. I'm also looking into making combo kits consisting of the taillight overlays, and the trim pieces as these overlays won't cover the very edge just like the tint doesn't cover the sides. If I do that then obviously the cost would be quite a bit more, but you'd be getting both products.

Originally Posted by Uin2it
I'd buy a set of vinyl overlays until the Raxiom/AM set comes out. Try to do a set in CarbonFiber Di-noc and I'd pay more!

May I suggest that when you have them made you make it cover the reverse light a little more! The 2013's reverse lights are smaller than the 2012's.
I will look into cost for CarbonFiber. It shouldn't be difficult at all.
The vinyls will be right on the edge of the reverse lights. The pics that y'all have seen are of the 'prototype lights'. I've made adjustments to the final product. Thank you for the suggestion.

I will be starting a thread to get everyone who is interested to let me know. I'm thinking I'll just request PMs and make my list of who wants them for now. Eventually I will probably make a website in order to take in orders.
Old 7/10/12, 05:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by youngstang90
I went today....I'm going to start producing these and planning on having them ready by next week. Price as of right now looks like somewhere between $40-$80 for the set depending on what grade vinyl I use. I'm also looking into making combo kits consisting of the taillight overlays, and the trim pieces as these overlays won't cover the very edge just like the tint doesn't cover the sides. If I do that then obviously the cost would be quite a bit more, but you'd be getting both products.

I will look into cost for CarbonFiber. It shouldn't be difficult at all.
The vinyls will be right on the edge of the reverse lights. The pics that y'all have seen are of the 'prototype lights'. I've made adjustments to the final product. Thank you for the suggestion.

I will be starting a thread to get everyone who is interested to let me know. I'm thinking I'll just request PMs and make my list of who wants them for now. Eventually I will probably make a website in order to take in orders.
I'm in. Carbon fiber seem interesting. Would love to see how it would look, but for now, I'm in for all black. PM me whenever you are ready to start rolling these out please.
Old 7/10/12, 06:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Looks to me like the 2013 OEM tail light will be a direct swap with the 2010 / 2011. Has anybody tried the OEM swap?
Old 7/10/12, 06:39 PM
GT Member

Not quite. The shape is a little different. It will leave a gap in the bottom. If you look down a few posts there's actually a guy that already did the swap, but you will see what the problem is, but everything else far as connection is all direct PnP.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raxiom working on 2013 style tail lights with AM?