Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2010-2014 Mustang > '10-14 Modifications > '10-14 Exterior Modifications
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 7/9/12, 9:38 AM   #1
GT Member

Blue Devil

BLUE DEVIL
Question Raxiom working on 2013 style tail lights with AM?

Is it true that raxiom and American muscle is working on a 2013 style LED rear tail lights for 10-12 mustang and due out in August?

Care to confirm AM?
GOODIES: JLT Oil Seperator//SVT GT500 AB//Ford racing Strut Brace//AirAid CAI//DiabloSport InTune ]//Forgestar F14 Matte black//DG Louver//Ford Racing P springs//stillen, Roush add on body parts, SHR blk fuel door, ford racing locking cap and much more...
BOWTIE-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/9/12, 10:20 AM   #2
Bullitt Member

Greg

04 Mustang V6
I hope so, that would be great!
gruiz_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/9/12, 10:24 AM   #3
Cobra Member

Austin

Mustang
If not, I'm working on printing pre-cut vinyl....I did the template and everything. Prices will be out soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Raxiom working on 2013 style tail lights with AM?-image-3911336919.jpg   Raxiom working on 2013 style tail lights with AM?-image-3150253812.jpg  
youngstang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/9/12, 10:31 AM   #4
GT Member

Blue Devil

BLUE DEVIL
That is sweet! So is just vinyl covers right? Depending on the price I like to go with this option until raxiom come out with the actual lights. I'm in, so please keep us updated!
GOODIES: JLT Oil Seperator//SVT GT500 AB//Ford racing Strut Brace//AirAid CAI//DiabloSport InTune ]//Forgestar F14 Matte black//DG Louver//Ford Racing P springs//stillen, Roush add on body parts, SHR blk fuel door, ford racing locking cap and much more...
Old 7/9/12, 1:15 PM   #5
Cobra Member

Austin

Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWTIE-X
That is sweet! So is just vinyl covers right? Depending on the price I like to go with this option until raxiom come out with the actual lights. I'm in, so please keep us updated!
Yeah, that's what I'm looking at. As long as its cost-effective, I'm going start producing them for everyone.

I should know something by the end of the week.
Old 7/9/12, 1:33 PM   #6
GT Member

Blue Devil

BLUE DEVIL
is the vinyl going to be dark enough so no light would penetrate?
Old 7/9/12, 1:40 PM   #7
Mach 1 Member

KC

2013 Challenger Black Rallye Redline; Wife '14 Nissan Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWTIE-X View Post
Is it true that raxiom and American muscle is working on a 2013 style LED rear tail lights for 10-12 mustang and due out in August?

Care to confirm AM?
Not even ten minutes ago I ordered the $45 smoke tint for mine. Very nearly ordered the Raxioms they currently have for the 10-12... but I don't like that bottom backup light.
wannabe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7/9/12, 2:00 PM   #8
Premier Authorized Advertiser

Shane

2013 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys,

I'm pushing Raxiom to make a tail light like that for you! That vinyl really does look cool though, I'll let you know if I hear anything at all!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.257.1770 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Last edited by AMShaneLesky; 7/9/12 at 2:16 PM.
AMShaneLesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/9/12, 3:04 PM   #9
Mach 1 Member

Chris

2011 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to CaptDistraction
I think its a potential hot product if they make a quality piece.
Old 7/9/12, 5:56 PM   #10
GT Member

Blue Devil

BLUE DEVIL
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Hey guys,

I'm pushing Raxiom to make a tail light like that for you! That vinyl really does look cool though, I'll let you know if I hear anything at all!

Shane
Thank you Shane, so is still not written in stone. Regardless, if someone can come out with a 2013 tail light to fit the 10-12, I think it's definitely going to be a no brainer that is probably going to be one of the hottest selling lights for pre 2013. I have to admit, I really liked the Camaro so I got one, but I always had my eyes on the return of 5.0, but when I seen the 2013 with those new black LED tails, I said I had to get rid of my Camaro and get the 13 5.0. Even tho I came home without what I originally went in the ford dealership to get, I am still happy and don't second doubt my choice, but if 2013 style rear tails does become available, I will be the happiest man in the world LOL!
Old 7/9/12, 6:11 PM   #11
GT Member

2012 GT/CS
Would be a hot seller for sure!
2012 GT/CS-Eibach Pro Spring//BMR Adj. panhard bar//Magnaflow axle back//JPC resinator delete pipe//Bassani X-pipe//GT 500 rear spoiler//Boss front splitter//Boss coil covers//Eurotek 02 wheels 19x8.5/19x9.5.//Removed side scoops and side stripes.
Run 1- Max Power = 393.12 Max Torque = 388.91
Run 2- Max Power = 401.25 Max Torque = 397.72
SCHMOKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/9/12, 7:05 PM   #12
Mach 1 Member

Hunter

2010 Mustang GT
I'd buy em
Studly_Studright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/9/12, 8:42 PM   #13
Cobra Member

Austin

Mustang
Quote:
is the vinyl going to be dark enough so no light would penetrate?
Yes, there won't be any light penetrating. What's on my car is plasti-dip. I just wanted to see an idea of how it would look before I invested in the vinyl.
Old 7/10/12, 12:48 PM   #14
GT Member

Blue Devil

BLUE DEVIL
young stang, make it happen bro. I would buy em in a heart beat myself, and being nothing but a similar tail light tint, it should be really cost effective. This would be a great option for someone that really like the 2013 tail light style and can't wait until teh actual lights come out. If it was available now, I would take a pair NOW! LOL!
Old 7/10/12, 2:02 PM   #15
V6 Member

Mike

2012 Mustang V6 PP
Quote:
young stang, make it happen bro. I would buy em in a heart beat myself, and being nothing but a similar tail light tint, it should be really cost effective. This would be a great option for someone that really like the 2013 tail light style and can't wait until teh actual lights come out. If it was available now, I would take a pair NOW! LOL!
Ditto, PayPal standing by...

2012 Mustang V6 PP Performance White
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab
mustangmikeFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/10/12, 3:47 PM   #16
Mach 1 Member

DK

2014 GT/CS 6M Coupe
Garage
I'd buy a set of vinyl overlays until the Raxiom/AM set comes out. Try to do a set in CarbonFiber Di-noc and I'd pay more!

May I suggest that when you have them made you make it cover the reverse light a little more! The 2013's reverse lights are smaller than the 2012's.
MGW Shifter √ MRT H-Pipe/Kooks AB √ AirAid CAI √ Accufab 85mm TB √ VMP Tuned

CLICK HERE FOR MY GARAGE SOLD: 2012 TVS Coupe
Nocturnal'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/10/12, 4:44 PM   #17
Cobra Member

Austin

Mustang
I went today....I'm going to start producing these and planning on having them ready by next week. Price as of right now looks like somewhere between $40-$80 for the set depending on what grade vinyl I use. I'm also looking into making combo kits consisting of the taillight overlays, and the trim pieces as these overlays won't cover the very edge just like the tint doesn't cover the sides. If I do that then obviously the cost would be quite a bit more, but you'd be getting both products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uin2it
I'd buy a set of vinyl overlays until the Raxiom/AM set comes out. Try to do a set in CarbonFiber Di-noc and I'd pay more!

May I suggest that when you have them made you make it cover the reverse light a little more! The 2013's reverse lights are smaller than the 2012's.
I will look into cost for CarbonFiber. It shouldn't be difficult at all.
The vinyls will be right on the edge of the reverse lights. The pics that y'all have seen are of the 'prototype lights'. I've made adjustments to the final product. Thank you for the suggestion.

I will be starting a thread to get everyone who is interested to let me know. I'm thinking I'll just request PMs and make my list of who wants them for now. Eventually I will probably make a website in order to take in orders.
Old 7/10/12, 5:59 PM   #18
GT Member

Blue Devil

BLUE DEVIL
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstang90 View Post
I went today....I'm going to start producing these and planning on having them ready by next week. Price as of right now looks like somewhere between $40-$80 for the set depending on what grade vinyl I use. I'm also looking into making combo kits consisting of the taillight overlays, and the trim pieces as these overlays won't cover the very edge just like the tint doesn't cover the sides. If I do that then obviously the cost would be quite a bit more, but you'd be getting both products.

I will look into cost for CarbonFiber. It shouldn't be difficult at all.
The vinyls will be right on the edge of the reverse lights. The pics that y'all have seen are of the 'prototype lights'. I've made adjustments to the final product. Thank you for the suggestion.

I will be starting a thread to get everyone who is interested to let me know. I'm thinking I'll just request PMs and make my list of who wants them for now. Eventually I will probably make a website in order to take in orders.
I'm in. Carbon fiber seem interesting. Would love to see how it would look, but for now, I'm in for all black. PM me whenever you are ready to start rolling these out please.
Old 7/10/12, 6:27 PM   #19
Mach 1 Member

UOP Shadow Special Edition #1 of 1
Garage
Looks to me like the 2013 OEM tail light will be a direct swap with the 2010 / 2011. Has anybody tried the OEM swap?
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/10/12, 6:39 PM   #20
GT Member

Blue Devil

BLUE DEVIL
Not quite. The shape is a little different. It will leave a gap in the bottom. If you look down a few posts there's actually a guy that already did the swap, but you will see what the problem is, but everything else far as connection is all direct PnP.
Old 7/10/12, 6:39 PM