Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2010-2014 Mustang > '10-14 Modifications > '10-14 Exterior Modifications
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 5/20/10, 9:51 AM   #1

2010 V-6 to GT front grille conversion

Has anyone seen this conversion done?

Is there a kit? I heard that BMC Extreme was going to have one, but cant find....

Anyone?

Jaime
jraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5/21/10, 2:16 PM   #2
Cobra Member

Randy

2011 Mustang GT
Garage
www.v6mustangstuff.com has kits for converting V6 to GT grills, but only for 2005-09 for now. Street Scene Equipment, which makes a couple different kits that V6MustangStuff sells is planning on coming out with a couple of kits this summer for the 2010+. One will have the fog lamps in their traditional GT placement, the other will having them nearly in the center, "Eleanor" style.
RandyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5/21/10, 7:32 PM   #3
Premier Authorized Advertiser

Leave it alone And I make my living from changing things!!

The V6 front looks better IMO than the GT piece anyway. Add a nice splitter to the front end, outboard foglights or brake ducting, and call it a day...
SilverHorseRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/9/10, 6:25 PM   #4

That's funny I'm considering converting the grill going the other way

Right now I have an '07 GT, and I definitely prefer that body style. I was at the dealer today, looking at the 2011, because it's just oh, so tempting. I was trying to convince myself I like the 2010+ bodystyle to think about getting the new one.

I decided in the end, that I can't stand the 2010 GT grill. Those big foglamps in the center, having the tops cut off, who came up with that? Just terrible.

Anyways, I like the California Special fascia, but it turns out you can't order a California Special with the Brembo brake package. (Who thought that up??)

So I was wondering - how hard is it to put a California Special fascia/grill on a regular 2011 GT?
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/9/10, 6:44 PM   #5
MOTM Committee Member

Little Yeddy

2011 5.0 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis View Post
That's funny I'm considering converting the grill going the other way

Right now I have an '07 GT, and I definitely prefer that body style. I was at the dealer today, looking at the 2011, because it's just oh, so tempting. I was trying to convince myself I like the 2010+ bodystyle to think about getting the new one.

I decided in the end, that I can't stand the 2010 GT grill. Those big foglamps in the center, having the tops cut off, who came up with that? Just terrible.

Anyways, I like the California Special fascia, but it turns out you can't order a California Special with the Brembo brake package. (Who thought that up??)

So I was wondering - how hard is it to put a California Special fascia/grill on a regular 2011 GT?
See here: http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...umbers-482820/

My Lakers Blog: http://pandgcoronation.blogspot.com/
stangfoeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/11/10, 9:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangfoeva View Post
Thanks!
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/11/10, 10:16 AM   #7
MOTM Committee Member

Little Yeddy

2011 5.0 Mustang GT