Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Steeda Tunes?

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/17, 11:37 AM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Yes and there feedback is, that is a question for SCT & their software.

Our lead tuner, James has never heard of or seen that.

Steeda does not change anything that effects the aforementioned.

If it is programmer related, it may be a firmware issue.

Best Regards,

TJ
I bought the tuner from Steeda with the CAI about a year and half ago and have not done anything since loading the tune. How do you determine what version of firmware you have and how do you update?
Old 1/7/17, 02:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Yes and there feedback is, that is a question for SCT & their software.

Our lead tuner, James has never heard of or seen that.

Steeda does not change anything that effects the aforementioned.

If it is programmer related, it may be a firmware issue.

Best Regards,

TJ
I'm a little confused by this answer. I purchased the cai and tuner from Steeda. It's a Steeda tune. I did not choose SCT, Steeda did. I chose to purchase from Steeda because of their reputation. Does this answer equal," go call SCT, this isn't my problem?" Unfortunately, that's how it reads to me. I'm disappointed to say the least. It appears as though I'm done with Steeda.
Old 1/7/17, 05:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. V
I'm a little confused by this answer. I purchased the cai and tuner from Steeda. It's a Steeda tune. I did not choose SCT, Steeda did. I chose to purchase from Steeda because of their reputation. Does this answer equal," go call SCT, this isn't my problem?" Unfortunately, that's how it reads to me. I'm disappointed to say the least. It appears as though I'm done with Steeda.
Mr. V - we are a distributor of SCT products & that is the platform that we write our tunes with. Yes, you chose to purchase a Steeda tune with it written to a device that is not manufactured by Steeda.

The tune does not have any effect on the issues that you are having.

It is best to call SCT & tell them about your situation. Steeda would be acting as the middle man & if additional information is requested, we would be sending information back & forth.

It is not being typed as "this isn't my problem" it is being typed as, it has something to do with SCT & a phone call to them, with your units serial number, model number, etc. would yield quicker results then working through Steeda.

Sorry for the misunderstanding if you took it a different way.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 1/7/17, 05:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by EF1
I bought the tuner from Steeda with the CAI about a year and half ago and have not done anything since loading the tune. How do you determine what version of firmware you have and how do you update?
As mentioned to Mr. V - it is best to call SCT & provide them with your information & that you ordered the unit from Steeda.

I will look on their site & send them an email in the interim.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 1/7/17, 08:46 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by EF1
You can hook up the SCT tuner to your PC, and get the firmware updated through the SCT site.

Originally Posted by Mr. V
I'm anticipating having a similar issue once my CAI and tune combo is on in a few months. I have a question though. There are multiple tunes on the SCT.

The Steeda tune has your name on it and should be under the custom tune section.

Under pre-loaded tune you can go in and change options like tire size, gears, intake, TBs, cat options, etc. If you go that route this is now an SCT tune, not a Steeda tune anymore.

Which option did you guys go with?
Old 1/7/17, 09:02 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
You can hook up the SCT tuner to your PC, and get the firmware updated through the SCT site.

I'm anticipating having a similar issue once my CAI and tune combo is on in a few months. I have a question though. There are multiple tunes on the SCT.

The Steeda tune has your name on it and should be under the custom tune section.

Under pre-loaded tune you can go in and change options like tire size, gears, intake, TBs, cat options, etc. If you go that route this is now an SCT tune, not a Steeda tune anymore.

I am running the 93 octane tune that Steeda loaded on the tuner for my car with their CAI. I have done a little more research on the oil life monitor malfunction. It appears that this has been a problem for some time affecting some cars and Ford even had a TSB on it a few years back. It may be purely coincidental that we are both running Steeda tunes. I do not use the oil life monitor, so I am not worried about it not working properly. I am more concerned about the tpms, which at this point I have not been able to confirm if it is working properly or not.
Old 1/7/17, 09:21 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Here is a thread talking about the oil life monitor not decreasing:

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...easing-533024/
Old 1/14/17, 02:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I installed my 93 octane Steeda tune and got a chance to drive the car yesterday. No warning lights, tpmsworks fine. The throttle response is vastly improved and the car is clearly making quite a bit more power across the rpm range with the Steeda CAI and tune. Can't wait to install my catback for more grumble! Also installed jacking rails, and will do clutch spring soon too. Very pleased with my Steeda parts quality and excellent service!

------------------------------------------------------------------ sponsored link: yahoo recommended - http://msn.medsplacerx.com ------------------------------------------------------------------
The following users liked this post:
tj@steeda (1/15/17)
Old 1/14/17, 05:07 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

No complaints here on the Steeda CAI, tune or service. All have been great. The CAI and tune really transformed the car.
Old 2/5/17, 12:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
You can hook up the SCT tuner to your PC, and get the firmware updated through the SCT site.I'm anticipating having a similar issue once my CAI and tune combo is on in a few months. I have a question though. There are multiple tunes on the SCT.

Sorry for the late answer. I was really annoyed with steeda's reply and didn't look back. I did change the tire size and I used the 91 octane tune file. There was also an 87 tune on my tuner. These tunes were per my request. The directions on the tune do mention updating the firmware before installing, which I did. I updated the firmware again yesterday and reloaded my tune. I don't know if this will fix my issue. Time will tell. TJ mentioned he would email SCT. I never heard anything after that and no one from Steeda contacted me here after my issues. Steeda serve was great in the past. Perhaps not so much anymore.
Old 2/5/17, 01:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Mr. V,

I have not heard back from SCT & based on some of the feedback above, it seems it has nothing to do with the Steeda tune.

You may want to contact them directly with your serial number on the device & the issues you are experiencing.

I have sent SCT another note =
Your request has been submitted
TJ
Old 2/5/17, 01:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

If you are looking for our tuning dept. to contact you, please contact them here:

https://www.steeda.com/contact-us

I don't have any of your info & I apologize if you were waiting on me to have someone contact you.

TJ
Old 2/5/17, 05:51 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

I emailed SCT last week about the same issue and have yet to hear back from them.
Old 2/6/17, 07:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I will give them a call tomorrow & try to nail down feedback.

TJ