Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Roush stage 1 or better.

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/15, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush stage 1 or better.

Anyone hear of any deals or sales out there. Stage 1 is a great starting point,but I will entertain better set up.
Old 2/12/15, 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cpred3052
Anyone hear of any deals or sales out there. Stage 1 is a great starting point,but I will entertain better set up.
Steeda has the Magnuson for 6k, plus you can get 10% off from them.
Old 2/12/15, 08:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agonized over this decision for a while. I looked at VMP, a vortech from Beefcake, steeda's magnuson, etc. For me it came down to the warranty. I searched high and low looking to not cut my timing cover, or make any huge mods. The vortech you need to cut a lot of hoses, modify the fan shroud, etc. and the TVS you need to modify the timing cover. There is no way around modificaiton. So then I searched for a good automatic solution. I narrowed it down to VMP and Roush. I like the VMP but the cost for the Stage 2 kit is high at $6,999. $1K higher than Roush. So I split the difference. I bought the Roush and then purchased the VMP wiring harnes kit for $149.

Last edited by 2014GHIGGT; 2/12/15 at 09:53 AM.
Old 2/12/15, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
I agonized over this decision for a while. I looked at VMP, a vortech from Beefcake, steeda's magnuson, etc. For me it came down to the warranty. I searched high and low looking to not cut my timing cover, or make any huge mods. The vortech you need to cut a lot of hoses, modify the fan shroud, etc. and the TVS you need to modify the timing cover. There is no way around modificaiton. So then I searched for a good automatic solution. I narrowed it down to VMP and Roush. I like the VMP but the cost for the Stage 2 kit is high at $6,999. $1K higher than Roush. So I split the difference. I bought the Roush and then purchased the VMP wiring harnes kit for $149.
So you looked to not cut your timing cover but still went with the tvs setup? Isn't there a boss in the intake valley you need to grind down too? Don't you need to make more modifications with a PD kit than the centri kit?
Old 2/12/15, 12:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by captain slow
So you looked to not cut your timing cover but still went with the tvs setup? Isn't there a boss in the intake valley you need to grind down too? Don't you need to make more modifications with a PD kit than the centri kit?
Yeah. I weighed both against one another. Cut the timing cover or cut a bunch of water hoses. Either looked equally as complex. The TVS needs no grinding in the intake valley. You do need to re-position the knock sensors to a different clocking position. There are two areas that need to be cut on the timng cover (2013-2014 model years, more areas on the 2011-2012 model years). I am also a certified master tech so I am not trying to avoid something overly complicated. I just wanted to use the solution that I felt woudl lend itself well to my automatic and be good to the engine.

The centrifugals build power way up stairs and teh TVS more so down stairs. I would rather have the juice downstairs than upstairs. Easier on the components. Just my opinion.

Both solutons offer some major benefits. Just like vanilla and chocolate but again I can keep my warranty up to 50/60K with the Roush and since I am a certified Master Tech I can do the install myself and submit for the warranty as it either needs to be installed by an ASE tech or dealer for the add-on warranty to be valid. I can't get that with the Vortech beause I am runnign an auto and they offer no factory auto solution. They referred me to beefcake and they know their stuff but in the end I went TVS.
Old 2/12/15, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
You can get 5% off on a vmp pkg and someone else has 1 year free financing.
If your going to add boost, you might as well do it right the first time and get the upgraded injectors, HE and CAI.
Old 2/12/15, 02:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

The Roush kit comes with larger injectors #47 if I am not mistaken.
Old 2/12/15, 03:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
The Roush kit comes with larger injectors #47 if I am not mistaken.
yes it does, but you can upgrade to id1000.
Old 2/12/15, 04:37 PM

Yes i have looked at all options,thanks for codes and input. cutting on the roush seems scary but doable.