Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Installed and tried out my Bama V2 tunes

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/15, 06:48 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Installed and tried out my Bama V2 tunes

well folks I finally got around to installing my v2 tunes from Bama. I ordered tunes for life a couple weeks ago. it was a good deal and since i already had my sct x4, it made sense to go with a compatible tuning vendor.

The first thing i noticed is that is DISABLED my preloaded sct tunes (perf tunes for 87,91 and 93). Not sure what that means for going back to them if need be. I did not try to download them beforehand. I did download my stock file though.

The 2 tunes Bama sent me are the 91 performance and the 93 race tune.

91 v2 performance tune:
I have been running the SCT performance 91 tune all week until i run out the gas in the tank, so i started with this one. The bama 91 tune is fine. It is a bit choppy on acceleration, with maybe some slight adjustments over shift points (i'm in a manual, so i shift where it feels comfortable). Right away I noticed my mileage sank. From 13.4 L/100 down to about 14L/100. I'm guessing the tune is using more fuel to get that jump off the line a bit better? The choppiness from 1st and second is annoying to me however, so if i could i would return to my SCT 91 tune. Smoother and in the end, feels like the same result but not as choppy as the bama, plus better mileage. My verdict? I'd run my sct 91 instead if i could!

93 v2 Race tune:
THIS tune impressed me. (using 94 oct) Smoother off the line, nice shift points and keeps pulling. Of course my mileage plummeted (expected) to 15.5L/100km, but i enjoyed this tune WAY more than the 91 v2.
It must be noted that both tunes were tested primarily on highway, with about 20% city, stop lights and passing opportunities etc. So in my opinion, good test conditions.
**how does this tune compare to what SCT gave me for 93 octane? Well, SCT comes with a 93 performance tune option but it's not a race tune. That being said, i'm disappointed that I can not access it anymore. It is a far better tune than the Bama 91 for around the city, providing smoother driveability than the 91 AND better mileage. Against the Bama 93 race tune it's about 10% tamer, but the difference is NOT night and day.

To summarize:

Bama 91 v2 tune: meh, could do without it
SCT 91 Tune: I MISS IT already lol

Bama 93 v2 Race tune: I REALLY like it
SCT 93 perf. tune: I MISS IT

All of this is purely subjective, because it's all about THE DRIVER and how he/she deals with what is given. I know may car pretty well, and i drive it a certain way. I've had the SCT tunes for about 6 months. I'll need to give the Bama tunes some good road trip experience and revisit my opinions!

I'm not disappointed in Bama. They have been EXTREMELY fast and courteous, delivering tunes and updates within hours for me. I may datalog the 91 tune and revisit that with them and see what can be done.

In the meantime, i will thoroughly enjoy the 93 Race tune from Bama!

Here's a pic today

Last edited by DarrenGT; 8/15/15 at 06:51 PM.
Old 8/16/15, 05:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The pre-loaded SCT tunes are still there. The custom tune menu is separate from the pre-loaded tune menu.

Last edited by Cdvision; 8/16/15 at 05:54 PM.
Old 8/19/15, 08:22 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Good news...

SCT suggested I ask BAMA to edit the tunes to remove code that disabled my sct tunes. BAMA did so really fast and has sent me the tunes. This way i can have both the BAMA and SCT tunes available. Kudos to both SCT and BAMA. Happy camper here!