Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Bama V2 race tune

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/15, 05:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Bama V2 race tune

Got my tuner and tail light sequencer from American Muscle today. The tail light sequencer was super easy, took like 5 minutes to install. Love the sequential lights on lock and unlock, which is the only time I get to see it.

Loaded the V2 93 race tune from Bama. No problems there, everything went smooth. I could feel the extra power and throttle response immediately! It is very aggressive now, it just feels like it wants to move! It is actually much easier to drive now. Where before the car felt sluggish unless I really hit the throttle hard, now it feels much like a much smoother power delivery. And I love the fact that the skip shift is no longer a concern. I only went for a short drive but I am extremely impressed so far.
Old 4/25/15, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What other Mods do you have on the stang or is it just a tune
Old 4/25/15, 07:30 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Just a K&N filter and Roush axlebacks. Neither of those probably count. I have an Airraid CAI that I may try later and then I had planned to get it dynoed stock, with just a tune and then with the Airraid and tune to see the difference. I will post the results here when I do.
Old 4/25/15, 09:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Thomas S
Just a K&N filter and Roush axlebacks. Neither of those probably count. I have an Airraid CAI that I may try later and then I had planned to get it dynoed stock, with just a tune and then with the Airraid and tune to see the difference. I will post the results here when I do.
I also have been running the same tune in my 14 GT for the last couple of weeks now. I have the corsa axle back, KN filter and MRT H pipe. I love my car. Car and me now at an audio shop having a subwoofer and amp installed.
Old 4/30/15, 11:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Haven't tried the 93 race tune yet (loaded the 93 performance tune)... However, I have noticed the BAMA tune has fixed a very annoying problem that occurred with my Ford Racing Procal.

With the Procal, I occasionally experienced stalling. Particularly when the A/C was running and I was in bumper to bumper traffic. The problem seemed to be when I depressed the clutch. Mostly the RPMs would "float" down- but occasionally the RPMs would just nose dive, the car would flutter- and then stall (arggggh). With the BAMA tune, I notice the RPMs drop in a much more "controlled" manner when I depress the clutch. I drove with the A/C on max today in bumper to bumper and didn't have a single flutter.

Headed over to Texas Motor Speedway tomorrow (for the PATE swap meet), and I might try loading the race tune before heading over. The parking area is MASSIVE at TMS, and I want to see if my 0-60 time has improved over the Procal tune. So far, I am very impressed with the BAMA tune- much more drivable, and better power over the Procal.
Old 5/1/15, 02:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
Haven't tried the 93 race tune yet (loaded the 93 performance tune)... However, I have noticed the BAMA tune has fixed a very annoying problem that occurred with my Ford Racing Procal.

With the Procal, I occasionally experienced stalling. Particularly when the A/C was running and I was in bumper to bumper traffic. The problem seemed to be when I depressed the clutch. Mostly the RPMs would "float" down- but occasionally the RPMs would just nose dive, the car would flutter- and then stall (arggggh). With the BAMA tune, I notice the RPMs drop in a much more "controlled" manner when I depress the clutch. I drove with the A/C on max today in bumper to bumper and didn't have a single flutter.

Headed over to Texas Motor Speedway tomorrow (for the PATE swap meet), and I might try loading the race tune before heading over. The parking area is MASSIVE at TMS, and I want to see if my 0-60 time has improved over the Procal tune. So far, I am very impressed with the BAMA tune- much more drivable, and better power over the Procal.
I've noticed that with the factory tune/calibration. It's never stalled but it had come close a few times. I don't know what causes that. But like you said, no problems with the Bama tune.
Old 5/1/15, 12:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
the new guy did the trick
Old 5/4/15, 06:19 PM
V6 Member

I just got the tuner and CAI 2 weeks ago. Have been running the PERF 91 tune. From BAMA by the way. Just put the 91 RACE tune in and its even better than the PERF tune. Car is so responsive. The shifts are very firm and precise(automatic). Taking it to the track in 2 weeks and really looking forward to it. Car is very aggressive. Big fan of the V2 tunes!
Old 5/4/15, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can anyone clarify what the differences are between the 93 performance and race tunes? Just generally speaking, are they changing the timing, fuel mixture between the two, or what?
Old 5/7/15, 09:37 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
Can anyone clarify what the differences are between the 93 performance and race tunes? Just generally speaking, are they changing the timing, fuel mixture between the two, or what?

Not sure how Bama does theirs, but different levels (or lack there of) torque limiting/truncation can be used. On my track tunes I aggressively lock up the converter (auto), but you don't want to drive it like that on the street all the time.... Long story short it could be -many- things, and/or combinations thereof