Notices
4.6L GT Modifications Place to discuss the 4.6L 2010 motor based modifcations.

Roushcharger install quote...

Old 5/3/10, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Roushcharger install quote...

I'm planning on supercharging my 2010 this summer and am contemplating all options. Out of interest I went to my local dealer to talk to them regarding a Rouscharger and get an idea of an install quote. From what I've read $800-1000 is what most people have paid for an install. Well here's what they quoted me just for install...

$1,950!!!!!!!
18 hours of labor
Old 5/3/10, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F%&$ That!!! Thats twice what any sensible person should charge....
Old 5/3/10, 06:15 PM
GTR Member

A Ford dealer is the most expensive place to get any work like that done.

Check with Roush and see if there is any alternative installation place near you.

If you aren't worried about the 3/36 warranty you can get a non-roush dealer to install it for probably half that price.
Old 5/6/10, 11:47 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I paid $899 for my Vortech V2 install at a Ford dealership. Not all Ford dealers charge the same, so shop around. Or, go to an independent shop that you trust.
Old 5/6/10, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I paid $899 for my Vortech V2 install at a Ford dealership. Not all Ford dealers charge the same, so shop around. Or, go to an independent shop that you trust.
Yeah I've been shopping around and found one who will install it for $800. How do you like your Vortech?
Old 5/6/10, 02:24 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,861 Posts
Originally Posted by Stangpilot007
I'm planning on supercharging my 2010 this summer and am contemplating all options. Out of interest I went to my local dealer to talk to them regarding a Rouscharger and get an idea of an install quote. From what I've read $800-1000 is what most people have paid for an install. Well here's what they quoted me just for install...

$1,950!!!!!!!
18 hours of labor
Here are some Roush Links which you may find Helpful

https://themustangsource.com/showpos...14&postcount=9

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 5/6/10 at 02:28 PM.
Old 5/7/10, 05:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

First off I would stay away from the old "Roots" style blower. Opt for the newer TVS if it has to be FORD/FRP/ROUSH. The reason the dealer price is so high is because it preserves the full warranty of the install/drivetrain. When you install a blower not spec'd by FORD/FRP/ROUSH and one day you have a problem with your motor. When you stop by the dealer you may get the run around because of your third party install. For most of us with a third party blower you’re on your own when things go south. It's a risk you live with and manage or you pay for it upfront. I agree that price it wacked, but now you know why.

Last edited by JedCranium; 5/7/10 at 05:58 PM.
Old 5/7/10, 06:06 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
First off I would stay away from the old "Roots" style blower. Opt for the newer TVS if it has to be FORD/FRP/ROUSH. The reason the dealer price is so high is because it preserves the full warranty of the install/drivetrain. When you install a blower not spec'd by FORD/FRP/ROUSH and one day you have a problem with your motor. When you stop by the dealer you may get the run around because of your third party install. For most of us with a third party blower you’re on your own when things go south. It's a risk you live with and manage or you pay for it upfront. I agree that price it wacked, but now you know why.
No 3/36 warranty with the Roush TVS R2300 whether a Ford dealer installs it or not, M90 Roush is the only one with that warranty.

You can get a warranty from Ford if you get a dealer installed FRPP whipple but not for anywhere close to the same price.

All depends on what you want and how bad you want it I guess.
Old 5/8/10, 07:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
No 3/36 warranty with the Roush TVS R2300 whether a Ford dealer installs it or not, M90 Roush is the only one with that warranty.

You can get a warranty from Ford if you get a dealer installed FRPP whipple but not for anywhere close to the same price.

Exactly. I plan on keeping the internals stock and keep my warranty, the TVS is awesome but rated much higher (510+) and I want to be safe at the same time and know I'm covered. I already found a place that will install it for $800 that is also an authorized Roush dealer. The price I was quoted is NOTHING to do with the fact the M90 has a warranty, what I was quoted was based off 18 hours of labor x their hourly rate, I watched the guy use his quackulator to arrive at his $1,950 quote. I'm not looking for insane power either, just a very fun daily driver.

Last edited by Stangpilot007; 5/8/10 at 07:53 AM.
Old 5/9/10, 12:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

The warranty on the TVS is in the works it seems check out this link TVS>
The FORD rep I was talking to was a little pre-mature telling me the 3 yr warranty was in effect. At least the future is rosy!
A plus if you're a ROUSH road crew member you can get an additional 10% rebate after purchase from ROUSH.

Last edited by JedCranium; 5/9/10 at 12:32 PM.
Old 5/9/10, 12:36 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
The warranty on the TVS is in the works it seems check out this link TVS>
The FORD rep I was talking to was a little pre-mature telling me the 3 yr warranty was in effect. At least the future is rosy!
A plus if you're a ROUSH road crew member you can get an additional 10% rebate after purchase from ROUSH.
Yeah, but if you re-read that, that is talking about the kit with the all forged short block, not just the blower kit.
Old 5/22/10, 10:20 AM
Cobra Member

Lots of info here and some of it's not correct. i have a 2010 and i had the Roush M90 put on the car and spent hours and hours talking to roush and FRPP before i decided on the M90. the M90 is not a bad blower at all. You can get all the power the stock block can handle out of the kit. for the 2010 you can get the M90 kit intercooled for $4300 from yates performance.

the M90 keeps the factory warranty and the only thing you have to do with the install is have the kit installed by ANY ASE certified mechanic from a shop. In other words not you and your buddy in the garage. You don not have to get the blower installed at the dealer, BUT the dealer will often tell you that they have to install it to keep the warranty. That is complete BS and they are only trying to force you to use them. i had my blower installed by a local Roush dealer for $600 meaning out the door kit and all was under $5000. You simply will not find a better bang for the buck than the Roush M90 kit and you get the full warranty.

Roush actually stands behind the warranty too and you can take it to any ford dealer for service just like you did before. i had my car in for work already, turned out to not be related to the blower. Roush though the ECM was bad, had all sorts of strange error codes and strang gauge cluster issues. Roush replaced the ECM under warranty with no issues at all. that didn't fix the car and it turned out to be a simple sensor on the transmission fouling things up. Still no problems with the warranty. anyway, don't let people scare you away form the M90, lots of stang guys are really big on the FRPP and whipple kits. ANY of the FRPP kits void the warranty on a 2010.

the 400 hp kit "keeps" the warranty but chops it to only 12m 12K and apparently then its only for mfg defects in the blower and any issues that might cause. Which means if the blower breaks and that causes damage its covered, if you blow the motor or the tranny that isn't covered. The M90 kit on teh other hand covers me for anything the factory warranty did. if the clutch goes, its covered, motor blows, its covered, tranny blows its covered.

the M90 is the only kit around that keeps the 36/36 warranty, the Roush TVS blower has no warranty and you need a forged block for that beast. i have no desire to get into the motor and post warranty i can get 450whp out of the m90 with a tune and pulley change. In short, don't be hatin' on the M90, its a great kit specifically designed to live a long and happy life on the stock motor. Plus you can actually put all the power to the ground, just look at some of the Roush hammer videos on youtube and you will see how useless first and second are with the TVS blower on street tires. If any of you guys ar ein east texas come hit me up, i'll take you for a ride, the M90 is a freaking blast to drive.

Last edited by ShaneM; 5/22/10 at 10:22 AM.
Old 5/24/10, 06:48 PM

Got my Roush M90 from Yates Performance. Ford dealer installed it for $850. Loving it!
Old 5/25/10, 05:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the information and review Shane. I'll definitely be adding the Roushcharger soon. I'm mainly looking to get low 400 rear wheel horsepower and it seems perfectly achievable with the M90.
Old 5/25/10, 08:55 AM
GTR Member

Thanks for the information and review Shane. I'll definitely be adding the Roushcharger soon. I'm mainly looking to get low 400 rear wheel horsepower and it seems perfectly achievable with the M90.
400 or more RWHP with the Roush M90 will require custom tuning and a different pulley combo to up the boost. This will void the warranty if that is of any concern.

As it comes from Roush, you can probably expect around 350-370 RWHP.
Old 5/25/10, 10:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah I am well aware of that fact with the M90. I'm going to run the base kit first and then when I start wanting a bit more power I'll think about changing the pulley and tune.

Roush has also just announced phased R2300 kits.

http://blog.roushperformance.com/blo...ither-sin.html

Last edited by Stangpilot007; 5/25/10 at 10:15 AM.
Old 5/25/10, 11:36 AM
GTR Member

Roush has also just announced phased R2300 kits.

http://blog.roushperformance.com/blo...ither-sin.html
Hmm...

I e-mailed them a while back about getting the R2300 kit with the seperate 8 rib drive like the 540RH has but they never answered.

Maybe if I get to a point of being ready to buy one I will check with Yates Performance and see if they can get them at a similar discount as they have for the standard kit.
Old 5/25/10, 11:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hmm...

I e-mailed them a while back about getting the R2300 kit with the seperate 8 rib drive like the 540RH has but they never answered.

Maybe if I get to a point of being ready to buy one I will check with Yates Performance and see if they can get them at a similar discount as they have for the standard kit.
Yeah that's exactly what I'm considering too. Yates has the standard R2300 kit at a nice discount. From what I could tell it's equivalent to their new Stage 1 phase kit minus the Roush calibration. If they start offering the phase 1 at a nice discount I'd highly consider it.
Old 5/26/10, 06:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Roush doesn't even charge that much in their own shop !!

Last edited by karrnutt; 5/26/10 at 06:13 AM. Reason: sp.
Old 5/27/10, 08:10 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah I've been shopping around and found one who will install it for $800. How do you like your Vortech?
I love the Vortech; thanks for asking. I cheaped out and bought the most basic, non-intercooled version, and with just 4.10 gears, converter, x-pipe, and drag radials I've run a best 1/4 mile of 11.85 @ 113+. 0-60 mph comes in just 3.7 seconds and 0-100 mph comes in just 9.9 seconds (which is 4 full seconds quicker than a stock 05-09 GT automatic). And that's with a 100% stock engine, stock transmission, stock suspension, stock exhaust manifolds, etc.

A lot of people preach the twin screw mantra, and twin screws certainly have a lot to offer, but the centrifugals make just as much horsepower while costing much less, on average.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Roushcharger install quote...