Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang > Warranty and Service Issues
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Warranty and Service Issues All Warrenty related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the service departments.

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 9/19/11, 6:50 PM   #1
GT Member

Window keeps rolling automatically

My drivers side window keeps rolling down every time it rolls all the ways up, it's driving me nuts!! Any ideas? TIA

Go: Paxton Novi-2200 Supercharger w/ air-air chargecooler, 39# injectors, high flow fuel pump (added 132.4 HP and 75.3 ft/lb TQ)
Show: CDC Ducktail, Shinoda chin spoiler, Zaino, pioneer avic-z1 on the way
Rubbermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9/19/11, 6:52 PM   #2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbermonkey
My drivers side window keeps rolling down every time it rolls all the ways up, it's driving me nuts!! Any ideas? TIA
What? It rolls down every time it rolls up? Better explanation, please.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9/19/11, 8:07 PM   #3
Number Cruncher

Are your back windows up when this happens?
On my '06 vert, the backs had to be up before the fronts would close properly.

Mods: CDC Sequential Tail Lights; CDC Light Bar; Pypes Mid Muffler System; FRPP CAI w/Bama Tunes

Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac? -- George Carlin
Lennyb44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9/19/11, 9:31 PM   #4
Shelby GT350 Member

Sebastian

'05 Torch Red V6
Try recalibrating them.
stupidgenius36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9/19/11, 10:10 PM   #5
GT Member

joe

2006 Mustang GT
Try what stupidgenius36 said,,, Don't know if its the same but i re-calibrated mine today because it wouldn't automatically go up when i shut the door. (1/4 inch gap) So i got out and raised it all the way and tried to shut it but It was to high and wouldn't close. To fix mine (or re-calibrate) I lowered the window all the way down and held the button down an additional 2-3 seconds, let go of the button and raised the window up all the way and held the button 2-3 seconds after it was all the way up. And it works fine now. ( I did just replace the battery, So that may have played a role as to why i had to re-calibrate?)
sturgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9/20/11, 8:36 AM   #6
GT Member

Thanks

Thanks all, my battery did die, that must have been the culprit. Will re-calibrate.

**** these forums rock. BTW I have now had a Paxton/Vortech Charger in my car for almost 5 years (the highest output) and it kicks *** still. I'll do a write up about it's durability and performance soon.

Thanks again all!

Go: Paxton Novi-2200 Supercharger w/ air-air chargecooler, 39# injectors, high flow fuel pump (added 132.4 HP and 75.3 ft/lb TQ)
Old 9/20/11, 9:14 AM   #7
GT Member

Well I can't seem to re-calibrate the window. If the door is closed it rolls all the way up then as soon as it hits the top it rolls down 90% of the way (almost like instead of a quarter inch, it goes most of the way down....every time.) I can't re-calibrate because the window won't stay up for me to keep the button down for 3 seconds....still trying.....

Old 9/20/11, 9:52 AM   #8
Shelby GT350 Member

Sebastian

'05 Torch Red V6
Are you possibly doing it with the door open? The doors have to be closed, or they'll bounce back.
stupidgenius36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9/20/11, 10:01 AM   #9
GT Member

no, of course the doors are closed

when the door is open it seems like it wants to go about 3/4" too high.... still haven't fixed it...will keep toolin'

Last edited by Rubbermonkey; 9/20/11 at 10:03 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 9/17/13, 7:04 PM   #10

Ford
How was your problem resolved? My drivers side window goes up, then when it is all the way up it comes down about 3/4 of the way. I cannot complete the calibration as before when I replaced the battery.
Spike 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/13, 5:33 PM   #11

Thanks Sturgis. To fix mine (or re-calibrate) I lowered the window all the way down and held the button down an additional 2-3 seconds, let go of the button and raised the window up all the way and held the button 2-3 seconds after it was all the way up. And it works fine now. I also just replaced my battery
TexHAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/13, 5:33 PM