Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Seat Belt Broke

Old 4/28/07, 08:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Seat Belt Broke

Well I've bragged for almost three years about no warranty issues and tonight my seat belt harness stopped working. The buckle will not let the strap part go in. It appears something is missing in the buckle as it doesn't look like the passenger side.

I'll need to schedule a warranty repair, has anyone had a similar problem. Also while it's at the dealer, does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the seat belt chime, but have the light blink.

Any help appreciated.
Old 4/28/07, 09:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why would you want to turn the chime off? I think its illegal for them to do that in most states anyway.
Old 4/28/07, 09:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Chime

Lou,

I think you may be wrong or not fully informed. Not all states have primary usuage statutes for seatbelts not being used. For example in Texas you can be stopped for not wearing a seatbelt, in Arkansas you can not, but you can be issued a citation, if a peace officer stops you for another violation, and at the time he/she interviews you, they note your not wearing a belt. This is called a secondary violation.

I'm sure there are other states with quirks like this. The point of my post was, my seatbelt is broke and will not connect. I was only wondering if anyone else had a similar problem. Nothing in the TMS TSB's and I also used the search feature for seat belts.

As far as the chime, it's my car and I'll turn it off if I want to. Normally I won't bother with it, but if it is going to the shop for warranty work and it can be turned off at no charge, I'll "geter done", as Larry the cable guy states.

Most seat belt laws deal with wearing them, not the chime or buzzers.

Just my thoughts......
Old 4/28/07, 09:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You can turn it off yourself, its in the manual, look under Beltminder.

Turn the car on(don't start), wait till the light stops for the belt, plug it in and out 9 times, the light will flash, when it stops, plug it in and out once more... You have to do each seat separately.
Old 4/28/07, 10:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Seat Belt Chime

Kevin,

Thanks, I'll do this as soon as they replace the buckle, something looks like it came apart inside on the driver's side.

Appreciate the info........

GG
Old 4/29/07, 04:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just know that dealerships around here "can't do it" for you. They said its a law, but you can do it yourself. I think I misinterperreted (sp?) your post. Even on our newer Trucks on the FD we have those **** chimes. I don't see why they are there personally, I know when or not myseatbelt is on.
Old 4/30/07, 03:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Dropped at McClarty Ford and they diagnoised a broken seatbelt receiver. Part ordered and should be replaced on Tuesday. Warranty work.....

GG