Warranty and Service IssuesAll Warrenty related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the service departments.
Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
Even though I usually change my own oil, I took it to a mechanic because I was low on time (yeah, I know, lesson learned). Anyway, now nothing on the key FOB will work. Not only that, the door locks won't work when putting the key in the door (I can lock/unlock only the driver side).
Interestingly, they door locks work fine when using the inside switch. And everything else seems to be OK (drove home fine, radio works, etc.)
Any ideas as to what happened or how to fix it?
(and no, my door lock fluid isn't low )
Hey Rampart, you may just have to re-program the remotes. Its REAL simple. Here's what you do:
1. Get in car, and shut doors.
2. Have BOTH remotes with you.
3. Put key in ingition
4. Cycle key from OFF position to ON position (but don't start the car, just ON position) 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending with the key in the ON position
5. When you do this correctly, the locks will cycle (lock and unlock). This signifies your in "program mode"
6. Once they cycle, push the lock button on Remote #1, then lock button on Remote #2 (and do the same for any more subsequent remotes)
7. Turn key back to OFF position (locks will cycle one last time, to signify leaving "program mode"
8. DONE! Try each remote. They should work like champs!.
Hope this helps bud.
Jeff Greenly, aka 05fordgt. Sales Consultant & certified car crazy 15+ years@ Yocum Ford, Lansdale PA, 215-855-1153.
Got a question? Give me a call. I'm always here to help!!
2006 Mustang GT: Vista Blue, Dk Charcoal Leather, 5-speed