Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Instrument cluster problem

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/07, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instrument cluster problem

My 06 Gt came with the premium package and the diagnostic service system. The other day I got in my car to leave work, and first thing I realised the service center telling me I had low oil pressure, then low power steering fluid, no fuel, my traction control icon was on my dash, no turn signals and my dash AC wouldn't blow cold. I thought it was probably just a simple relay or fuse blown so I took it in to my local Ford dealer where I bought her. After plugging her in to their lap top and scratching their heads awhile they called me to tell me that they need to replace the instrument cluster. Anybody else ever run in to a similar problem? Waiting for the part to ship in today and replace, hope they got it right.... They tell me they have never run in to it before.
Old 6/8/07, 11:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check this thread (has links to other threads with similar symptoms.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=64661
Old 6/8/07, 12:16 PM

Thanks, that helps out a little, though unlike any previous posts, mine seemed more like a total electrical failure. Air conditioning not blowing cold, traction control would not engage so I had that "slippery when wet" looking icon on my dash, the engine icon for service engine light stayed on, turns signals showed no indication of working....even my stereo's auxiallry switch wasn't working, low oil pressure message, and flashing over to other messages, fuel guage pegged to empty indicating it was getting no power, my volt meter was showing a little higher than normal, and the engine temperature guage worked fine, so I was comfortable continuing driving home..so unlike the other posts that seemed to be only one of the many items I am getting, being hit with them all at once.
Old 6/9/07, 06:58 PM
GT Member

if you have a peripheral ipod or some other kind of adapter this will cause your problem:

i had the exact same codes on my cluster as the original poster i this thread and this is well documented in forums if you search the forums, if you have something plugged into your shaker aux port this will happen:

well here we go; i have had my updated peripheral unit for 11 months and today my instrument cluster went crazy;;; i had to disconnect the battery for an hour and disconnect the peripheral unit; all is ok now but if yours has not screwed your car up yet iT WILL -- be warned and if it is still under warranty tell them it went crazy and get your money back.

Now i am looking for another option - i am also confused with the new PIE - gotta find out if it works on the 05's or not; if you know please post.

let u know if you do
Old 7/15/07, 01:55 PM
Bullitt Member

sorry, mispost