Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Concerns on Your New 2005 Mustang/FORD

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/06, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a problem with my 05 GT where the brake fluid had leaked out of the reservoir and then run down to the firewall. It melted all the paint off the firewall, leaving bare metal.

I took it in to Palmetto Ford in Mt. Pleasant SC and they replaced the reservoir (which incidentally still leaks), but did not repaint the firewall even though I asked them about it.

When I noticed it and called them back they said "We don't repaint" and that I was pretty much on my own.

What the heck is up with that?

Also my front suspension is all clunky and loose feeling but I have a feeling that they will blow me off like they did when I tried to show them the noises coming from the struts.
Old 2/25/06, 04:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Warrenty We Don't Repaint !! Use the Fear Of God if need thats just obserd if it has a warrenty, what would they be worried for it lots of work for them but maybe they just get a flat rate and don't wish to bother, but They Should !
Old 4/18/06, 06:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have two concerns both of which were told to my service department and nothing was fixed.

1. My drivers side window (not tinted) was cut by one of the parts inside the door. I was driving with the window down and when I put the window back up it made a scraping noise and now I have a 2 1/2 inch scratch on the inside of my window. Dealership said they took a picture of it and submitted it to Ford, the end result was that they denied the request to replace the window. Ford NEEDS to fix these window issues. We all know that tinted windows get scratched up and now my untinted window is scratched.

2. My drivers side seat squeeks when I sit down and when going around turns. Lets not forget that my service manager tell me my car is red flagged by Ford. WTF!? Is it my fault that I had to take it in seven times for a dash rattle? This is nonsense.
Old 4/24/06, 08:03 PM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(97svtgoin05gt @ December 18, 2005, 10:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I too feel that this is a more common and the "norm" than a once in a while thing. I am a Ford person for absolute truth, but I totally agree in that I've been disappointed, let down and generally dissatisfied more times than I care to think about.

On a good note, I don't think GM or Chrysler dealers do a much better job, but that still doesn't make it okay. When you visit a Lexus, Porsche, BMW, or MB dealership for service, things do not go this way. Now granted, the vehicles there are a ton more expensive in almost ever example, but I just don't think that should make a difference. $30,000 is a lot of money for most people. When you take your $30,000 purchase into the people who sold it to you or in some cases are just supposed to be responsible enough to take care of it, you should receive the best treatment and service possible. The Ford dealership isn't freakin Wal Mart.
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/werd.gif[/img]

Service is service...at any price. It speaks volumes about the company that we should even have to be discussing this, frankly. With dwindling market share, Ford should have its act together by now on this issue.

One can whine all they want about how the reason some of Ford's products exhibit so many "cheap bits" is because they have less development and production money due to high overhead and legacy costs, but that doesn't explain away the crappy service experience MOST people seem to be reporting.

Good service doesn't cost any more than bad service, but it does hint at a corporate culture within Ford that isn't very happy or committed to its products.

Is it any wonder so many people buy import vehicles?
Old 6/23/06, 07:22 AM
Cobra Member

OK Second round of concerns

1. I have a slight vibration coming from the break pedal, Everytime I have taken it in they tell me there is nothing wrong. I told them to check it anyway, and also said that if there was nothing wrong with the pads or rotors that I would pay for the inspection. Guess what? They told me there was no reason to inspect the car and sent me home. I have no problem with the dealership but the service department has some serious holes in it.

2. When I call other dealerships (as I was told to do by CRC) they all do the same run around on me. Them -"You need you breaks inspected after 5K?" Me- "yes, I would like this issue looked at" Them -"I don't think it's necessary, but it's your money". This was a NEW dealership and they never seen my car before. I mean what the heck do these people think I have nothing better to do? Would I really waste their time if I did not have a concern? On top of that is it not their job to inspect EVERY issue the customer has reguardless of if they think it's "necessary"? Wake up Ford, if your going to have morons represent you, your customers will go to the competition.
Old 6/24/06, 09:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
I have two concerns both of which were told to my service department and nothing was fixed.

1. My drivers side window (not tinted) was cut by one of the parts inside the door. I was driving with the window down and when I put the window back up it made a scraping noise and now I have a 2 1/2 inch scratch on the inside of my window. Dealership said they took a picture of it and submitted it to Ford, the end result was that they denied the request to replace the window. Ford NEEDS to fix these window issues. We all know that tinted windows get scratched up and now my untinted window is scratched.

That's bull. If something inside your door is defective and scratched the window, it is a warranty issue, and should be fixed. By the way - the same holds true if a defective part (brake fluid resevoir) leaks which then melts your paint. That's a Ford problem, not yours.

2. My drivers side seat squeeks when I sit down and when going around turns. Lets not forget that my service manager tell me my car is red flagged by Ford. WTF!? Is it my fault that I had to take it in seven times for a dash rattle? This is nonsense.
"Red flagged"? Again that's bull. Your dealer is blowing smoke. Basically they are trying to get you to accept their incompetent level of service. Tell your "service" manager you want to talk with him and the dealership manager at the same time about this and then ask them just what "red flagged" means. Ask them to show you something in writing. Then mention another color - lemon.
Old 10/2/06, 07:55 PM
GTR Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JustFord0099
Has anyone else recieved a survey on thier car yet? I just got one in the mail from RDA Group about my 06 (along with a dollar bill enclosed ) It covers the car bumper to bumper and asks you to rate the vehicle on everything ..engine,trans,interior, ect. My biggest beef was with the paint quality In my opinion the paint on my 99 stang was not so much nicer but it seemed more durable than my 06.

What color is your 06 GT? Black/UA?

We ordered a black/UA 2003 E-250 and after 2 years, the hood paint delaminated (YES! It peeled off like it was 1990). I took it to the dealership and showed them more paint defects throughout the van. They told me it was the WRONG COLOR. If I bought silver or any bright color, this wouldn't have happened.

Apparently, Ford still has adhesion issues with their black paint.
Old 10/19/07, 02:40 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,861 Posts
Bump!

Needs a Sticky!
Old 2/25/08, 03:13 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,861 Posts
bump!
Old 2/25/08, 10:44 PM

JUST went out with the maglight in hand (9.40pm here) to check and see if i had the corrosion issue with my hood

and sure as the day is long I have a trail of bumps going down the front edge of the underside of the hood where it rolls back. 2005 32000 with just 3 months to 36

I will take a few pics tomorrow if i get a chance

CHECK YOUR CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! The top the underside every where!!!!!!!

see post 43 for pics both doors trunk deck and hood all show sings of corrosion

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...=1#post1117513
Old 4/1/08, 05:41 PM

Hood/Aluminun corrosion issue TSB 06-25-15

I have a 2008 Ford Mustang that I took delivery of on 8/20/2007. I put on 1100 miles before I stored the car for winter in mid November. The car has never seen rain, snow or road salt. I then noticed my hood bubbling at the inside lip and can feel 2 small bumps on the exterior hood surface.

Then I noticed several other Mustang owners are having the same issue. Ford issued a technical service bulletin on the exact issue I and many others are having. Some dealers are replacing hoods, some are repairing and others are saying you're out of luck because it's not rust through. Other dealers are assuming the consumer is ignorant and claiming it's a sloppy application of seam sealer. The lack of consistency on dealer resolution is staggering and should be unacceptable to Ford Motor Company.

Note the repair procedure in the TSB. How happy would you be having the Ford body shop guy taking a DA sander loaded with 180 grit sandpaper to your 2008 Mustang GT with 1100 miles? I paid for new car and that new car had a new hood. Why should I walk away with a repaired hood on my new car?

My dealer has been contacted and I will set-up an appointment as soon as the streets are dry. I'm awfully afraid they are going to offer a repair. I would settle for a new hood and be happy. We shall see.

Last edited by pschwind; 4/1/08 at 05:42 PM.
Old 4/11/08, 04:48 AM
V6 Member

anything lately on this??

psc- have you had yours resolved???
Old 4/27/08, 04:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Brad,
Does anyone in the forum keep a spreadsheet or any sort to caelog the various problems, and fixes that Ford "claims" to reesolve each partiicular issue? Wonder what the mean time is between realizing there is a problem a an honest to good fix? Need to compare the 05-09 Mustang data to the 10 and see if Ford is getting any better at this.
Old 6/20/12, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My concern is not my Mustang but Ford. The bubbling paint on the hood of my 08 GT... they can't help me. The CLUNK in the front end (had my car for 2 days) couldn't locate it. Then told me if I want to pay by the hour they can hook up the chassis ears and try and track it down. Now if they had the car for 2 day wouldn't you think they had enough time to do all that?? They don't care they have my money and now my car is out of warrantee.