Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Concerns on Your New 2005 Mustang/FORD

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/05, 12:33 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,536 Likes on 1,871 Posts
Concerns on Your New 2005 Mustang/FORD

This is a PDF of the Warranty Guide in your owners Manual Packet. Be aware your Dealer will most likely get a Copy of any Concerns so for best results follow the chain of procedure! The Quicker Ford is made aware of a concern the quicker it can be Resolved. Check Page 1 for Concern Procedure!

KC
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Warranty.pdf (513.6 KB, 713 views)
Old 6/14/05, 08:33 PM

UPDATE!
Old 6/15/05, 08:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They Customer Service Center is worthless, I contacted them after my global open/close on the active anti-theft did not work. That was after talking to my sales guy several times about it. Guess what, neither of them (the dealer or the SC) did anything.
Old 6/15/05, 08:42 AM

The Info Does get to Ford Though! The Squeeky Wheel gets the Grease. So if you Have a concern SQUEEK!

kc
Old 9/2/05, 02:07 PM

Any Squeekers out there?
Old 10/5/05, 07:08 AM

Bueller,Bueller
Old 10/5/05, 10:12 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fry....... Fry........

Seriously though - I have one of those printed surveys to comment on taking my GT in to a dealership for some TSB work - haven't sent it in yet because I am writing a BOOK for the comments section. With my past two cars being Ford's, I have so far dealt in one way or another with four different dealerships over the past 5 years - and so far, have been left EXTREMELY dissapointed by the service departments in all of them... :bang:

Ford seems to make some great products but can't find good people to service them worth a da*m.... (at least down here...)
Old 12/18/05, 10:01 AM

This Topic Needs to be Moved and have a Sticky in ISSUES

Thanks,

kc
Old 12/18/05, 10:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I too feel that this is a more common and the "norm" than a once in a while thing. I am a Ford person for absolute truth, but I totally agree in that I've been disappointed, let down and generally dissatisfied more times than I care to think about.

On a good note, I don't think GM or Chrysler dealers do a much better job, but that still doesn't make it okay. When you visit a Lexus, Porsche, BMW, or MB dealership for service, things do not go this way. Now granted, the vehicles there are a ton more expensive in almost ever example, but I just don't think that should make a difference. $30,000 is a lot of money for most people. When you take your $30,000 purchase into the people who sold it to you or in some cases are just supposed to be responsible enough to take care of it, you should receive the best treatment and service possible. The Ford dealership isn't freakin Wal Mart.
Old 12/18/05, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Has anyone else recieved a survey on thier car yet? I just got one in the mail from RDA Group about my 06 (along with a dollar bill enclosed ) It covers the car bumper to bumper and asks you to rate the vehicle on everything ..engine,trans,interior, ect. My biggest beef was with the paint quality In my opinion the paint on my 99 stang was not so much nicer but it seemed more durable than my 06.
Old 12/18/05, 01:09 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally posted by 05stangkc@December 18, 2005, 12:04 PM
This Topic Needs to be Moved and have a Sticky in ISSUES

Thanks,

kc
Done! Thanks, kc!
Old 12/18/05, 01:54 PM

Thank You!

We as Consumers need to Voice our Opinions on our vehicles if we expect any changes or improvements to be made. Please follow the Guidelines as Laid out in said order in the order guide!

kc
Old 12/18/05, 08:11 PM
Closet American

Arrow

I love the first line: "Your satisfaction is our #1 goal."

Uh-huh.

Old 12/30/05, 05:26 PM

Well I had an issue with my noisy transmission which has a TSB on it and the service writer, svc manager, and FORD wouldn't do anything about it. It's still like the now.

FORD custsvc didn't do a thing to help me.
Old 1/1/06, 07:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't get why they send me a 2.00 check to do it as I have not as yet , but called the dealer and asked who they were and they said yup its ok, but need good time to give facts to it, and who knows maybe they will make things better to keep a Good viable product out there ?
Old 1/12/06, 09:25 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
Squeaky wheel may get the grease, but in my opinion the CRC dont have any. Theres folks at Ford that do care, and will help if you can figure out how to get ahold of them, but the CRC- nah.

I hope in the restructuring some of the 'goodguys' at the top get to implement some new groundrules for customer service/support.
Old 1/14/06, 05:33 AM
V6 Member

So true Fordv about Ford having some folks that do care...I am a prime example of that...and it is like you said you have to know who to talk to. I had my share of dealings with the CRC and didn't get anywhere, but with the advice of a few concered people I finally got to the right people. Ford has some work to do on the Customer Service Center though. I know everytime I called the CSC all they could tell me was that I needed to call my dealership....and mind you the dealership was just as confused so what good did that do??
And I am like you Fordv hopefully they do some restructuring because they need it. I sure could give them a few ideas..lol.
Old 1/20/06, 09:49 PM

FYI Ford is Making some Major Changes in Customer handling. Please if you have a Concern Voice it. There is Power in Numbers.

kc
Old 1/23/06, 10:30 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
KC-
I'm just curious if you called the CRC number for a problem and got anything other than"you need to contact your dealer" or "hold on while I talk to someone higher up" and they then call the dealer? I'd like to hear of some sucess cases of customer handling- from ANYONE, as Ive yet to hear of even one personally.

When my first car got crunched as they unloaded the hauler, I was so obsessed and dying to finally get a test drive, I wanted to buy it anyways- but they couldnt even 'recieve' it till repairs were made, then accepted by dealer, then available for sale/test drive...I called CRC to see if someone could release the car for sale and allow me to bring it back in a week or so for repairs- she put me on hold to contact 'regional', but instead called my sister-in-law on the other line(dealer) and started beating her up about a 'number' to knock off the price 'to make me happy'...the independant carrier was insured, all ford had to do was say- let him buy the car, we'll settle the claim later as its been documented, but instead they try to make the dealer eat the loss? thats what the CARRIERS insurance is for...luckily for me I COULDNT buy that car in my blinded by the testdrive attitude, and someone got me a priority 1 replacement w/5 yr warranty at no cost lined up pronto instead... but still that was three days of heck with my bent dreamcar sitting in the back of the lot, keys right there, not allowed to touch...took 2 months for the replacement, but it was a good lesson in the end about obsessing...had I got the first one, I'd never have been happy with the repair, woulda been afraid o get it wet, etc...its identical twin aint been so lucky

Ive called CRC about allocation/regional allocation issues, call the dealer...called about vin delays in allocated sales- call the dealer(!!!???), called about the selling/later repair issue- they called the dealer after saying otherwise...

by my sheer dumb luck I got help 'otherwise' and know of some others that did too- theres some great folks at ford on the other side of the 'customer service brick wall' - they had nothing to do with customer service, but easily fixed what customer service couldnt or wouldnt.
And Kzinti over at blueoval is a Godsend for buyers- I'd have been even more nuts if it werent for his updates. If theyd put him in charge of customer service, and let some of the goodguys higher up give customer service a little authority to fix things it would be great.

The problem as I still see it is that Ford sees the dealer as their 'customer' and the actual buyer as 'someone elses problem'.

I'm a big Ford fan(still have 5- bought three of them new, just got rid of the lone chevy) and I LOVE the new mustang gt more than any car Ive ever had or could have ever imagined- but to me the CRC is probably one of fords biggest liabilities...I was posting all over months ago about trying to get people to write them about allocation BS and vin delays for northern orders and such...I wasted many hours doing just that. wasted.
if they DO help folks, I'd like to hear some examples how/what kind of authority they have to remedy problems- I mean surely they cant read the 'call the dealer' script 24/7...
Old 2/23/06, 09:05 AM

Regarding the paint, I had an 05 GT (I no longer own this car) and after a few months of owning it noticed the chips. Fine. That's fine. That's just rocks hitting the paint; my fault (Although the paint did seem to chip almost too easily). Then I started noticing the swirlies and could only think of one way they could have happened: dealer carwash. My car was washed everytime it was in for service (which was quite often for the various problems discussed on this board) and it scratched up the paint. Basically, I demanded the car repainted but settled for a wetsand. The thing is, if i didn't push it, I wouldn't have gotten anything.

Before you goto the dealer you need to print out the facts (TSBs, forum pages) and make the problems crystal clear to them. I know that this is a lot of work to do but its the only way they'll take you seriously. After my final repair on the suspension (3rd time finally fixed) my parking brake was loose to the point of being broken and my A/C and fan controls were disconnected. That was the last straw and I traded the car in for something else (Toyota).

Fun car, I miss it, enjoyed driving it (manual transmission is AMAZING despite the nosiness/inconsistency) and am considering getting ANOTHER mustang, but I probably won't. Honda Civic Si is fun, cheaper insurance, 6 speed, moonroof, slower sure, but its 5k less and feels way more solid.

Sigh, and I defended Ford at one point too...

Quick Reply: Concerns on Your New 2005 Mustang/FORD