Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Buzz/Rattle from pass door

Old 4/25/06, 05:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
So after I fixed a rattle from the right window pillar trim, now I've noticed a smaller buzz noise coming from the center of the pass door when I hit certain bumps. I took the door panel off and the sound seems to be coming right from the window regulator where it bolts in 3 places to the door. I'm pretty sure it's the regulator for if I pull on one of the lower window cables, through a bottom door panel mount hole, the noise disappears when I thump the door.

Anyone else had this problem? I won't remove the water shield until I see the dealer as I don't want them blaming me for the defective regulator while it's under warranty.
Old 4/26/06, 11:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got a similar buzz/rattle in the passenger door but only when it's cold in the morning, keep us up to date as to if you/dealer fix it.
Old 4/26/06, 12:03 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's the little panel right behind the door-pull handle. It just press-fits into the door. Stuff a piece of sponge behind it to keep tension on the panel and it will stop buzzing. The whole piece is about 3"x4-5".
Old 4/26/06, 10:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Ok, here's my fix. I lifted/unstuck half the watershield from the bottom up. Found a ty-rap looped through a small hole on the window motor/regulator assy which loosely holds the regulators lower cable, I guess from catching the window as it rolls up/down. The ty-rap has a "stop" designed so as not to overtighten it, I guess to not impede the cables movement too much. Anyway, the ty-rap was making the buzz noise on bumpy roads. I removed the ty-rap and stuck stick foam over the hole and on other pieces I thought the rap might touch. I just poked a hole into the foam and reinstalled the ty-rap to roughly the same looseness. Drove the car back and forth to work today with no noise. I think this one's fixed for good, time to move on to the next rattle.