Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

random stuff

Search this Thread

Old 5/30/16, 07:42 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
the last time i drove the pinto i did not make it out of my yard .. lower ball joint broke .. That was last week sometime ..i went to the auto store to get one and of course they dont have them in stock .. no sweat i think .. i`ll just ebay me one .. when i find it on ebay it is over 130 bucks and will take a week to get here .. no problem .. i still got the reliable toyota ..well the reliable toyota decides it does`nt want to run this morning .. so i`m in a panic .. i dont like not having a ride .. the mustang is blowed up ..the pinto is broke and the toyota wont go and i cant do a thing with it ..i knew 10 or more years ago i had bought some ball joints for the pinto but in my mind they were uppers .. and i remember only installing the one side that broke at the time .. in my desperation i climb up in the poison spider infested attic of my shop and look for the other " upper " ball joint .. LEE will like this .... with my welder and cutting torch i was gunna make the upper joint work in the lower even if but for a few days till the new joint came in or i had the toyota fixed .. after fending off a few dozen recluses and black widows i find the joint and much to my happiness and surprise it is a lower ... as willie nelson said ... " on the road again " !!!
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-madison-003.jpg  
Old 6/20/16, 08:49 PM
legacy Tms Member

this song makes me wonder why .. wonder why i did`nt develop a relationship with a neighbor girl i grew up with .. she was the first girl i ever saw naked ( by accident one time ) and she was the first girl i ever exposed myself to ( on purpose ) one time .. we were both 13 or so .. i have not seen her her in 47 years ...
Old 6/23/16, 04:06 PM
legacy Tms Member

for the past 20 years or so i`ve been somewhat of a nature lover .. since once i put up a birds nest and a family of blue birds moved in .. in the years since i have also put up a bird feeder with seeds and such and last year i finally put up a hummingbird feeder ..those things attract hummingbirds fast .. but anyway my post is not about feeders it`s about bird baths and places for them to get a drink ..i dont live within 2 miles of a creek so my birds really appreciate my setting out water for them every day .. recently on facebook i saw a post of someone who also has put a water container in the ground at ground level .. made sense to me .. turtles ,spiders ,frogs ,lizards crawling bugs and even snakes need a drink now and then .. i have a ground level water bowl near my bird bath and it empties at twice the rate of the elevated bird water ..
Old 6/23/16, 04:12 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
I've seen them swoop down and get a drink out of the pool a few times. I guess most of them just get a drink out of the creek and the spring behind the house.
Old 6/23/16, 05:50 PM
legacy Tms Member

you must have some martins in the area .. most other birds dont drink on the fly ..
Old 6/25/16, 06:03 PM
legacy Tms Member

i woke last nite to the sound of thunder.
how far off i sat in wonder .
started humming a tune from 1962 ..
well almost .. i saw a storm brewing in the distance and since i have not seen rain in this month i drove to where it was .. i wish i had not .. the weather station said it was a thunderstorm with quarter size hail .. winds up to 60 MPH and torrential rain . i got caught in it .. had to stop in the middle of the highway hoping someone would not rearend me .. this is looking out my windshield ... and to top it off i missed a visit from one of my babydolls ..
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-015.jpg  
Old 6/27/16, 08:05 AM
legacy Tms Member

iv`e been given a promotion .. sort of .. i`m the only person left in my department .. two years ago i was off on a weeks vacation and when i came back i had a new supervisor and a working lead man .. the supervisor was the person who got fired 6 months later when i discovered a bunch of material was missing and they traced it to her .. the working lead man was a fellow i interviewd , got hired and trained to do my job a few years before .. now he`s layed off and i`m stll here .. who seems to be the more valuable employee ? .. anyway this friday is my last day .. i still dont know if i`m looking fowards to being out of work or not
Old 6/28/16, 06:33 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
A cook just pulled out a huge daikon & winked at me. I'm going to wet myself omg
you folks in canada can get so worked up over a turnip ? you gotta leave that place ...
Old 6/30/16, 09:57 AM
legacy Tms Member

15 more minutes .. today is my last day .. I just keep walking around the plant .. `im glad there is basically nobody here to say goodbye to .. I know I would get teary eyed ..I`ll never again see most of these people I`ve been with for the last 28 years ..
Old 6/30/16, 01:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravydog316
I don't think she knows english, she just held it up & looks at me & mmmmhhhhmmm is like
& i just started laughing so hard omg!!
...you guys are a dirty influence ha ha
Yeah ..... I think I would have had the same reaction after seeing what it looks like.
Old 6/30/16, 10:18 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
15 more minutes .. today is my last day .. I just keep walking around the plant .. `im glad there is basically nobody here to say goodbye to .. I know I would get teary eyed ..I`ll never again see most of these people I`ve been with for the last 28 years ..
Sorry I was also one month shy of 28 years when I left my job.
Old 7/5/16, 03:16 PM
legacy Tms Member

thank you Google for having some ***** ....
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-google-home-page.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
ford20 (7/12/16)
Old 7/7/16, 11:24 AM
legacy Tms Member

did`nt take long for my semi retired boredom to get a hold on me .. i`d been fretting taking the stang apart for fear of finding a bent valve or a missing piston causing my dead cylinder .. turns out to be this .. blown head gasket .. what a relief ..i probably have one in the spider infested attic .. mit ebe on the road agin before dark ..
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-001.jpg  
Old 7/11/16, 03:14 PM
legacy Tms Member

i know i have a holy grail list of cars i want to get a picture of somewhere back a few thousand posts .. i dont remember if this car is on the list .. it is a one owner all original SS 396 66 chevelle ..the guy still has every car he ever bought ..he has a mental problem .. a friend of mine used to tune this car once a year but has not done so for the last 10 .. the other cars are not used either ..the chevelle is boarded in behind the monte carlo .
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-002.jpg   random stuff-003.jpg   random stuff-001.jpg   random stuff-004.jpg   random stuff-005.jpg  

Last edited by HOSS429; 7/11/16 at 03:17 PM.
Old 7/12/16, 12:39 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/12/16 at 01:00 AM.
Old 7/14/16, 06:05 PM
legacy Tms Member

as has been the case for the last 5 years or so again this year a family of wrens has taken up residency in my shop .. this time in my engine hoist ..they have grown up already and have flown the coop . i blocked the entrance with tape after they left ..
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-001.jpg  
Old 7/16/16, 08:29 AM
legacy Tms Member

a mind is a terrible thing to waste .. as i get older i see mine slipping away .i take my thryoid meds every morning when i first get up .. no problem when i worked .. now that i dont work i wake up dont get up ..wake up a few more times finally get up and not remember if i took my medicine .. i have to hide things from some of my girlfriends .. after a few days i forget where i hid them and accuse them of stealing from me .. i`ts such a pain to have my checking system halted and worry about how many forged checks are out there ..then i finally find stuff a few days later ...earlier this week as i was doing my walk/run i noticed a water leak on the side of the road .. i hate wasting water ....when i got home i called the water dept. to report the leak .. they asked " which side of the highway is the leak on ? " .. i said " if you going north it`s on the west side " ..dint think a thing more about it till this morning as i walk past and see it has been fixed ..then as i coMe back it occurred to me .. it does`nt matter if i`m walking north or south the leak is still on the west side ....

Last edited by HOSS429; 7/16/16 at 11:46 AM.
Old 7/27/16, 08:30 AM
legacy Tms Member

in keeping with my love of all things nature last year i set out a humming bird feeder and quickly attracted a few .. but the food is not cheap .. 5 bucks a quart .. i went thru a quart last year but decided not to do that again this year . instead i bought a half gallon of red Gatorade .. like 89 cents .. i figured that was good enuff for the little beggars .. they would not come near the stuff .. finally my neighbor tells me he makes his own food for them .. just a little sugar mixed with water and a drop of food coloring and they eat it up .. about 10 cents a gallon ...he gives me some and sure nuff the critters were back the same day .. i just had one fly up in my face and try to attack my fan .. i guess the beating of the fan blades against the air sounds like another bird to them ..i`ve heard them fighting with each other before ...
Attached Thumbnails random stuff-003.jpg  
Old 8/7/16, 08:45 AM
legacy Tms Member

headed out for my usual walk/jog this morning and as i top a rise in the road i see something about a quarter mile away .. even as blind as i am i tell myself i`ts a person on a bycycle as they are weaving about a bit .. they get a bit closer and i feel like it`s a person jogging in my direction ,,then i see a car come up behind them and it slows down .The car follows behind the " rider" for a bit and i`m puzzeled by this . Plenty of room to pass .then as they get within about 100 yards i make out a huge bull running up the middle of the road ..scares the crap out of me and i start to quickly reverse direction and look for somewhere to climb a tree or jump a fence .. i`ve had bad experiences with big animals .. luckily the beast ran into a bean field ,, i stopped a city cop who was headed to work and mentioned this to him .. he just drove away .... if his wife had hit the bull later i guess it mite have mattered to him
Old 8/7/16, 11:14 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by HOSS429
headed out for my usual walk/jog this morning and as i top a rise in the road i see something about a quarter mile away .. even as blind as i am i tell myself i`ts a person on a bycycle as they are weaving about a bit .. they get a bit closer and i feel like it`s a person jogging in my direction ,,then i see a car come up behind them and it slows down .The car follows behind the " rider" for a bit and i`m puzzeled by this . Plenty of room to pass .then as they get within about 100 yards i make out a huge bull running up the middle of the road ..scares the crap out of me and i start to quickly reverse direction and look for somewhere to climb a tree or jump a fence .. i`ve had bad experiences with big animals .. luckily the beast ran into a bean field ,, i stopped a city cop who was headed to work and mentioned this to him .. he just drove away .... if his wife had hit the bull later i guess it mite have mattered to him

I don't care for large animals either, don't like being around them. Horses, bulls, cows, etc. Basically anything big enough to stomp, trample or kick me to death makes me nervous being around them in close proximity.

Quick Reply: random stuff