Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

windows 8 and sct tuner

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/14, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
windows 8 and sct tuner

Had zero issue when running an older version of windows. Laptop crashed and now I am stuck with this crap of windows 8. Attempted to to transfer tune on the sct tuner and can not get it to recognize the drivers. I've tried unistall and install the updater then try to install tuner. Nothing. I've attempted to manual search for drivers under the device manager and it tells me that it is unable to locate drivers.
Screw you microsoft and screw you the developers of 8.

Anyone know of any additional ways to get this thing up and working
Old 2/8/14, 10:42 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Borrow a friends computer for a bit?
Old 2/8/14, 11:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
It's SCT's fault, not 8's. I've had just as many problems with 7 as I have 8. It's always hit or miss.
Old 2/8/14, 11:13 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
try manual installing driver files

http://sctflash.com/tsupdates.php
Old 2/8/14, 11:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CiniZter
try manual installing driver files

http://sctflash.com/tsupdates.php
I tried using the DEVMGMT.MSC on the computer to locate the correct drivers but it was still not finding anything. I attempted to open the help section under installing drivers but I get a blank page.
Not sure what elese to try
Old 2/8/14, 11:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
It's SCT's fault, not 8's. I've had just as many problems with 7 as I have 8. It's always hit or miss.
I'll will agree that SCT is not the easiest at times. But this windows 8 crap has pissed me off since I started using it.

IT would be nice if SCT had a direct link to drivers on their website. But I guess that would be too easy. Or at least be open on Saturdays considering , it seems that most people run into these BS problems then.
Old 2/8/14, 03:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I only install it every once in a while, but it seems like I have problems each time. I don't know what else to tell you, other than uninstall it and try again. It takes several tries, but mine eventually installs correctly.
Old 2/8/14, 04:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
I only install it every once in a while, but it seems like I have problems each time. I don't know what else to tell you, other than uninstall it and try again. It takes several tries, but mine eventually installs correctly.
I give up. I've tried unistalling close to 10 times. I've tried on another laptop also running win8.. Same thing. I've turned off all security settings. It just is not finding any drivers on the device or when auto searching.
Too bad I don't have admin access to my work laptop. At least it is still running win 7
Old 2/8/14, 04:54 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by woodzusa
Screw you microsoft and screw you the developers of 8.

I lost use of several MS products (and others) with 8 that I freaking PAID FOR!!

If I see Bill Gates, I'm swinging for the fences! You got rich dip**** from selling crap that doesn't work - and stealing from us that paid for Relicensing Upgrades for years!

Last edited by cdynaco; 2/8/14 at 04:59 PM.
Old 2/8/14, 08:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by woodzusa
I give up. I've tried unistalling close to 10 times. I've tried on another laptop also running win8.. Same thing. I've turned off all security settings. It just is not finding any drivers on the device or when auto searching. Too bad I don't have admin access to my work laptop. At least it is still running win 7
the answer for this is to turn off your computer for 10 minute and turn it back on youll thank me at the end.. Hope this helps.
Old 2/8/14, 10:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think it's pathetic that the SCT tuners don't work with Apple computers. Also, Windows 8 is the worst operating system ever made. I'm so glad I don't own a PC.
Old 2/9/14, 08:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

I lost use of several MS products (and others) with 8 that I freaking PAID FOR!!

If I see Bill Gates, I'm swinging for the fences! You got rich dip**** from selling crap that doesn't work - and stealing from us that paid for Relicensing Upgrades for years!
Why would you hit Gates? He's been off inventing toilets and had nothing to do with Win8. Besides, he has the same opinion of Windows 8 as you: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...indows-81.html
Old 2/9/14, 08:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Why would you hit Gates? He's been off inventing toilets and had nothing to do with Win8. Besides, he has the same opinion of Windows 8 as you: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...indows-81.html
Yeah, you should be hitting Balmer. I've been using Win8 for awhile now on my laptop and I just stay in desktop mode. It's works OK for me.

I'm a little concerned to hear that the SCT tuner has a problem under Win8 as it's my next purchase. Has anyone gotten it to work under Win8?
Old 2/9/14, 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TomServo92
Yeah, you should be hitting Balmer. I've been using Win8 for awhile now on my laptop and I just stay in desktop mode. It's works OK for me.

I'm a little concerned to hear that the SCT tuner has a problem under Win8 as it's my next purchase. Has anyone gotten it to work under Win8?
I searched for the issue that I am having and it does seem to be happening a lot with the new OS. Their solution, however, is not working for me. So I am stuck waiting for SCT to open.

Also, Cdynaco got banned for that ??????? Is Gates a forum member or something
Old 2/9/14, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Classicshell is your friend. Have you tried running the software in compatibility mode? http://www.classicshell.net/gallery/...enu/screenshot
Old 2/9/14, 11:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by TomServo92

I've been using it with Windows 8. Sometimes it takes some tinkering, and sometimes it's fine. Same with any other OS I've tried.
Old 2/9/14, 12:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Womprat
Classicshell is your friend. Have you tried running the software in compatibility mode? http://www.classicshell.net/gallery/...enu/screenshot
I've been using ClassicShell about as long as I've been using Win8. Great app!
Old 2/9/14, 12:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Womprat
That classic shell is awesome. Thanks for directing me to that. Never heard of it, of course I've just started using the fiasco that is 8.

On the compatibility mode. I went into the control panel-all programs-and searched for the tuner but I was not able to access the device manager to click on the usb device. That and I have no idea of what I am doing.
Old 2/9/14, 01:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Download VMWare player for free, install Windows 7 on that VM and then use the SCT tuner with the VM, not that hard.
Old 2/9/14, 08:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Brandon302
Download VMWare player for free, install Windows 7 on that VM and then use the SCT tuner with the VM, not that hard.
Yeah, IF you have a license for Win7, not that hard.

Quick Reply: windows 8 and sct tuner