2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Will be ptting it away soon

Old 10/26/14, 01:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Will be ptting it away soon

But today or tomorrow is not that day, it is beautiful out.....
Attached Thumbnails Will be ptting it away soon-10-26-14.jpg  
Old 10/26/14, 02:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think, since it won't be driven all winter, that you should do it a service and drive it all day! lol
Old 10/26/14, 02:31 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JCStang
But today or tomorrow is not that day, it is beautiful out.....
Hey..since you`ve already installed a front licsense plate... Just move down here to Texas and drive it year round. Summers are brutal, our winters are mild -- as a bonus everything shuts down on those rare days when <1" of snow falls. No state income taxes, and our rural highways have 75, 80, and 85mph speed limits.

Old 10/26/14, 02:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lajntx
Hey..since you`ve already installed a front licsense plate... Just move down here to Texas and drive it year round. Summers are brutal, our winters are mild -- as a bonus everything shuts down on those rare days when <1" of snow falls. No state income taxes, and our rural highways have 75, 80, and 85mph speed limits.

This times a thousand! lol My summer beater is still my winter beater. lol
Old 10/27/14, 03:12 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Almost time to break out the battery tenders.

Old 10/27/14, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I will be putting mine up for the winter soon as well. Last year I put mine away from the beginning of December to sometime in March and really didn't drive it much until April.

Wayne
Old 10/27/14, 03:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Almost time to break out the battery tenders.
Thought you were trading up before the snow flies.
I couldn't get rid of that beautiful car.
Old 10/27/14, 03:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Guess I am one of the mental ones. Just got a set of blizzaks and I am driving it right through the NY winter for better or worse. Coming from a Subaru STI so it should be interesting.
Old 10/28/14, 04:58 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
I'm dreading putting mine under wraps for the season. But the weather here in NW NJ is dick-teasing me. We've been having some cool and brisk but sunny days lately, and more of the same is forecast through next week, except for a few rain days. I'll keep on driving it until the snow/salt/rain/sleet forces my hand.

When I got mine in May, I vowed never to drive it with the top up or in bad weather. But lately, as long as it's dry out, I run it. I've even taken to putting the heat on with the top down at times, but if it's too cold the top goes up. I'm not proud.

I just don't want to put it away.
Old 10/28/14, 08:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll be driving mine all winter in Indiana again. Just installed the Continental DWS's. Only concern I have is that I also just did all the suspension so my chin splitter is only 4 1/2" off the ground. I might be plowing the roads with it if our winter is like last year. At least I have the ability to work form home anytime.
Old 10/28/14, 08:25 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
I think this might be the week. We might get a bit of snow this weekend in MA. Nothing big and probably no accumulation but it's reminding me how fast it can go downhill here and how I'm running out of time for that final wash and wax. Bummer!
Old 10/28/14, 09:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by VidPro
I think this might be the week. We might get a bit of snow this weekend in MA. Nothing big and probably no accumulation but it's reminding me how fast it can go downhill here and how I'm running out of time for that final wash and wax. Bummer!
Copy that!! :-(
Old 10/28/14, 11:07 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,618 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
I'm dreading putting mine under wraps for the season. But the weather here in NW NJ is dick-teasing me. We've been having some cool and brisk but sunny days lately, and more of the same is forecast through next week, except for a few rain days. I'll keep on driving it until the snow/salt/rain/sleet forces my hand. When I got mine in May, I vowed never to drive it with the top up or in bad weather. But lately, as long as it's dry out, I run it. I've even taken to putting the heat on with the top down at times, but if it's too cold the top goes up. I'm not proud. I just don't want to put it away.
No harm in that you enjoy your Mustang the same as I do!
Old 10/28/14, 02:09 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by GrnT
Thought you were trading up before the snow flies.
I couldn't get rid of that beautiful car.
Thank you sir.
Mark,....I ask people here and there if they are interested. If not, I'm not going out of my way to try selling it, as you see I have no "For Sale" thread here or anywhere else. I do LOVE the car. I took it out yesterday for a little bit. What a blast to drive.
Old 10/28/14, 02:14 PM

Enjoy the ride

For some strange reason my Mustang came equiped with wipers, heated mirrors, heated seats and a rear defroster and..... a heater. ;D
As much as I hate winter, I'll cover the Vette and lightly drive the Mustang.
Enjoy these cars guys. Death.Taxes and depreciation. Can't escape it.
Too many people die or get sick and leave an awesome vehicle that is hardly used for someone else to drive.
Old 10/28/14, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drove mine all last winter in NJ with the stock Pirellis. We had 10+snowstorms and I lived through them all. I drove slow and the car was fine. Only issue was the ridiculous amount of salt. I was washing the underside off with the hose at least twice a week.
Old 10/28/14, 03:00 PM
GT Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I don't know where you live in Il., but here in the southern part of the state winters are usually pretty mild. I have other vehicles to drive so I don't intend to take my new '14 GT out when there's snow or salt on the roads, but otherwise I intend to drive it or my '72 'Cuda when the roads are clear. On bad days I'll drive my '01 six cyl. 5 speed SN95 or my old Dodge Maxie van. The '01 Mustang goes through snow just fine with 60 lbs. of sand in the trunk and a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks on the back. Open diff. too. My driveway is nearly a 1/4 mile long and it's shared with three other families that have pickups or SUVs with 4 wheel drive. Once they make a couple of passes down the road my old Mustang makes it without any problems. If the snow is less than 5 or 6 inches deep I don't have to wait for them to clear a path. I really think it's better if you can take a car out and drive it once every week or two if possible rather than letting it sit, so long as you can drive it far and fast enough to get everything up to normal operating temps.
Old 10/28/14, 03:09 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Last1
I drove mine all last winter in NJ with the stock Pirellis. We had 10+snowstorms and I lived through them all. I drove slow and the car was fine. Only issue was the ridiculous amount of salt. I was washing the underside off with the hose at least twice a week.
Darn that's brave on the stock summer tires! I live in Western MA and we usually get pounded with snow. Mine will be going away in cold storage my sister has a large car hauler on her property and my Stang will be living there form Nov to April if not May? I bought this car specifically for the summer and I have a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder for my winter snow machine.
Old 10/28/14, 03:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
As usual I will be driving my car though the winter. Hoping we don't get a winter like last year, shoveling my driveway every other week.
Old 10/28/14, 03:19 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Kestral
Darn that's brave on the stock summer tires! I live in Western MA and we usually get pounded with snow.
I agree, I'm a bit on the Southeastern part of MA and we can get walloped at times.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will be ptting it away soon