Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

When are 2014 orders closing?

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/13, 08:18 PM
MD1
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered mine 06/26. ETA is 09/03 due to the plant closure.
Old 7/7/13, 11:36 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GTSPE4

I ordered my 14 GT Premium on June 20th. When I did, the dealer told me that the ordering banks would be closing in the beginning of July, 2013. Hope that helps.

GTSPE4
Hogwash - your dealer has no idea what they're talking about. I order all of the cars for the dealer I work for. As a Mustang enthusiast, I am always looking for any clues as to when the 14/15 changeover will occur. Ford has not informed us dealers as to when 14 ordering is over.

Your dealer has likely misunderstood the July closing of the factory. The Flatrock, MI plant that builds the Mustang is closed for most of July so they can ready production of the 2014 Fusion there. The plant reopens in about a month and will continue building 2014 Mustangs and will start building 2014 Fusions, as well.
Old 7/8/13, 07:41 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 6969
Hi guys, been lurking the forum for a while and this is my first post. Anyways, my question is, when will 2014 orders close? If there is not an exact date set in stone, what would the estimated time be? I am looking to buy this winter, possibly next spring. I'd say my timeframe is November to about March, but I would like the best value for my money and really like the current styling so have decided to go with a 2014. I'd like a base auto GT with Brembo package for sure, possibly Recaros. A dealer told me if I want these my best bet will be to order, looks like this is true. Thanks for your help!
Hi 6969,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. There’s no official cutoff date yet. It has been towards the end of the year, but nothing in stone yet. If you’re looking to order a 2014, I recommend you speak to your dealer as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
The longer you wait, the more limited your choices will be. If you will be able to pay in Nov/Dec, why don't you buy the one you want now on a loan, then payoff the loan in full in Nov/Dec? There aren't any prepayment penalties with most lenders. Paying a little bit of interest to get exactly what you want is a good trade off, IMO.
Hogwash - your dealer has no idea what they're talking about. I order all of the cars for the dealer I work for. As a Mustang enthusiast, I am always looking for any clues as to when the 14/15 changeover will occur. Ford has not informed us dealers as to when 14 ordering is over.

Your dealer has likely misunderstood the July closing of the factory. The Flatrock, MI plant that builds the Mustang is closed for most of July so they can ready production of the 2014 Fusion there. The plant reopens in about a month and will continue building 2014 Mustangs and will start building 2014 Fusions, as well.
This guy right here always has good info as well!

Deysha
Old 7/8/13, 09:46 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Hogwash
A word not used often enough on the internet.......nice one, Brian

Good to know you're still keeping an eye out for us with regards the dates. I'm sure we can rely on you to let us know just as soon as you do
Old 7/8/13, 12:17 PM

Thanks for the help guys! I would really like to order now but this will be my first car and I won't have my license until next year so right now is a bit too early. Since I will not be given a car I have been working hard and saving up my money like crazy, and I will be paying in full with the money I've earned when the time comes! I'm sure it will feel great to own my mustang in a few months, especially since I've been working so long and hard for it. I'm sure I'll take care of it and respect it. Looks like I'll probably have to pick something out that's on the lot somewhere, hopefully I'll be able to get an auto GT Brembos and Recaros for a good price. Also, if anyone wants to check out how I've made money here is a link to the items I've sold on ebay in the past couple of months http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=...H_Sold=1&rt=nc
Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by 6969; 7/8/13 at 12:22 PM.
Old 7/8/13, 12:47 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow, you're contemplating a 2014 Mustang GT...............as your first car?

My first car was a Mk1 Fiesta with all of 975cc!!!!
Old 7/8/13, 03:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the help guys! I would really like to order now but this will be my first car and I won't have my license until next year so right now is a bit too early. Since I will not be given a car I have been working hard and saving up my money like crazy, and I will be paying in full with the money I've earned when the time comes! I'm sure it will feel great to own my mustang in a few months, especially since I've been working so long and hard for it. I'm sure I'll take care of it and respect it. Looks like I'll probably have to pick something out that's on the lot somewhere, hopefully I'll be able to get an auto GT Brembos and Recaros for a good price. Also, if anyone wants to check out how I've made money here is a link to the items I've sold on ebay in the past couple of months http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=...H_Sold=1&rt=nc

Now thats what I love to see! Someone with AMBITION!!! Good luck with your sales and search for YOUR mustang!
Old 7/8/13, 06:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Do you really have to order? Here is my prediction... The 2015 will sell so hot that you will have a plethora of 2014's on the lot, either because they didn't move or because they were traded in. If you are willing to wait until you have the money, then be patient and do a search and you won't have to go too far to find the right car. . A GT is not an uncommon car. Brembos can also be an aftermarket upgrade. If you are buying a Mustang, and stick around on this forum you will no doubt find other things you want to do to it anyway.
Good luck, and welcome to the community
Old 7/8/13, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by max5ive0
Do you really have to order? Here is my prediction... The 2015 will sell so hot that you will have a plethora of 2014's on the lot, either because they didn't move or because they were traded in. If you are willing to wait until you have the money, then be patient and do a search and you won't have to go too far to find the right car. . A GT is not an uncommon car. Brembos can also be an aftermarket upgrade. If you are buying a Mustang, and stick around on this forum you will no doubt find other things you want to do to it anyway.
Good luck, and welcome to the community
Thanks. I don't have to order. I was just under the impression that I would probably have to if I wanted Recaros and Brembos, at least that's what a dealer told me. I know the GT is pretty common but I'm not sure how hard it will be finding a base auto GT with just Recaros and Brembos. I don't want any other options so I was thinking ordering would be the best route. I found a dealer close by on truecar that could get an auto GT with Recaros and Brembos for 31k and some change (before tax and other fees). I guess I'll just have to wait till the end of the year and see what is available on the lots. Also, I know the Brembo kit can be purchases separately but if I could get it already installed that would be nice. Maybe I'll just end up going with a bare bones auto GT and spend some money on mods. Do you think it would be possible to get a leftover auto GT base for around 25k come December?Thanks!
Old 7/8/13, 07:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't be a putz people. Wait for the 2015 model to come out! Lol
Old 7/8/13, 08:52 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Don't be a putz people. Wait for the 2015 model to come out! Lol
Some people would like to wait until they get the "bugs" worked out of the S550, or don't know what's coming and want to get what's known, or would like to cash in on the rebates now, or get the solid rear axle while they can, or other reasons. I'd love that that independent rear, lighter S550, but I remember how much trouble the S197 was it's first year out. Plus, it may just be ugly...not likely, but it could. Whatever the reason, it ain't being a putz if folks rush to get one of the last S197s.
Old 7/8/13, 09:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Dinosoar

Some people would like to wait until they get the "bugs" worked out of the S550, or don't know what's coming and want to get what's known, or would like to cash in on the rebates now, or get the solid rear axle while they can, or other reasons. I'd love that that independent rear, lighter S550, but I remember how much trouble the S197 was it's first year out. Plus, it may just be ugly...not likely, but it could. Whatever the reason, it ain't being a putz if folks rush to get one of the last S197s.
I agree. I be just kidding about the putz thing. I do think one will get great deals on 2014's once the 2015's come out if people can hold out.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 7/8/13 at 09:18 PM.
Old 7/8/13, 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just done think anyone needs to rush to buy anything. If they were discontinuing the Mustang line completely, maybe, but remember, those of us who are still in the retro camp are supposedly a dying breed. They are going after a broader market with the S550, and despite your own opinions about it, I would bet one of my kidneys that a MY 2014 will be easily had either new on the lot or with very low miles well into 2014. There are always people who either have to trade up for the latest and greatest, or those who bought a car and realize two months later how much insurance, fuel, tires, and financing actually cost, or life happens and up goes the For Sale sign.
Old 7/8/13, 09:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by max5ive0
I just done think anyone needs to rush to buy anything. If they were discontinuing the Mustang line completely, maybe, but remember, those of us who are still in the retro camp are supposedly a dying breed. They are going after a broader market with the S550, and despite your own opinions about it, I would bet one of my kidneys that a MY 2014 will be easily had either new on the lot or with very low miles well into 2014. There are always people who either have to trade up for the latest and greatest, or those who bought a car and realize two months later how much insurance, fuel, tires, and financing actually cost, or life happens and up goes the For Sale sign.
People will trade up there 14's all day long to get the latest and greatest.
Old 7/8/13, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by FordService

This guy right here always has good info as well!

Deysha
Thanks for the kind words, Deysha. You & I are the checks & balance of the Mustang world, so to speak. I just wish I knew more....
Old 7/8/13, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
A word not used often enough on the internet.......nice one, Brian

Good to know you're still keeping an eye out for us with regards the dates. I'm sure we can rely on you to let us know just as soon as you do
I was torn between "hogwash" and "poppycock" and ultimately decided the average aged person here on the forums would misconstrue the latter.

Always looking out for all of us Mustang enthusiasts!
Old 7/9/13, 03:21 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I was torn between "hogwash" and "poppycock" and ultimately decided the average aged person here on the forums would misconstrue the latter.

Always looking out for all of us Mustang enthusiasts!
He said co#k. Ba ha ha ha ha
Old 7/9/13, 03:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You may also want to save up for your insurance premium, as owning and insuring a Mustang GT as your first car is going to have some very high insurance rates; most likely a car payment in itself. Good thing you'll be paying cash for the car; you'll need the extra cash for the monthly insurance payment.
Old 7/9/13, 11:09 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, Deysha. You & I are the checks & balance of the Mustang world, so to speak. I just wish I knew more....
Awwwee!! This is why I love my job!

Deysha
Old 7/9/13, 01:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
He said co#k. Ba ha ha ha ha

Quick Reply: When are 2014 orders closing?