Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

WHEELS STOLEN OFF CAR

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/14, 04:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHEELS STOLEN OFF CAR

THis happened in a mother****ing controlled access garage in my apartment building between 8:30 PM last night and 3:00 PM today.

What I can see is the wheels/tires/lugnuts are missing, the car is on brake rotors, suspension appears to be on the ground, side skirt is smashed completely, rear bumper is smashed, exhaust looks ****ed up.

I've now been waiting THREE ****ING HOURS for the police to come take a report. I've called three times and watched four of them drive past my building.

i will ****ing murder the person who did this if i find them. what i know is it's some ********** who lives IN THIS BUILDING. three months ago (three months after I got the car) we had a rash of break-ins in our garage, nobody got caught since they only have two lousy *** cameras on the garage door and on the pedestrian entrance door on the other end of the garage. luckily my car and my wife's car were not victimized in that string of break ins, then everything was quiet for several months, until this today. management didn't do ****ing **** after the last rash of break ins, no new cameras, no ****ing nothing so I'm not going to find out who did this. it IS someone in the building though because the garage is controlled access.

Last edited by puma1552; 9/28/14 at 04:35 PM.
Old 9/28/14, 04:39 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man that's just not right! Someone should get a beating for that!
Old 9/28/14, 04:43 PM
V6 Member

Holy Crap! Hope you find this loser.
Old 9/28/14, 04:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Tough break Dude, at least they put tires under your car to cut down on damage. They know you that's why they didn't trash your car.
Old 9/28/14, 04:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
No you won't. It's a car. I fully understand, but let's be clear here. If you even come *close* to finding them... you will be outnumbered, outgunned, and quite the dead human for even trying.

I know you're mad. But be a little on the reasonable side about the situation. Pros got your wheels. In and out quick, a crew did this. You don't want to find them. Accept your loss, and DO NOT buy from anywhere but new, so as to not support the ********.

Secondly, you get full retail OEM pricing on the wheels and tires for the insurance. Get a check, and get some new wheels and tires. Get some upgrades even! Same with the exhaust. And the aprons too. I mean, it's going to be the same price, might as well mod it like you want. Ford doesn't charge pennies, they charge dollars. Dollars that mean after the settlement of what's going to be replaced, you can pick what goes on the car. I say it's a score opportunity.

That is... assuming you had full coverage. You do, right? Right. Get it towed in, and get the rental for now. Yeah, deductible sucks, but...

So overall? Calm down. Untwist the panties. It's just *stuff*. You could have come across the crew and be *dead*, man. Life isn't that bad. This is just a speed bump. It'll be ok. And soon, you'll have the car back better than ever.

Be sure to get some seriously awesome locks too. If you park in a place with access... it'll happen again.

Also, maybe convince them you need a camera there, and rig up a dropcam.

But you do not want to go after the ********, nor get deadened.

Sorry man. That sucks they did that though.

---

re: cops... just take pictures, and then go to the substation and file the report. Cops have other things that are higher priority than an already commited, cold case such as this. As such, you'll be waiting a loooong time. Good luck if you decide to wait. I'd get a friend and go file the report, myself. And call the insurance, of course.

Hope that all gets resolved quick for ya, man.

/Having a car stolen by knifepoint with backup will change your perspective on a car. It's just a car. Awesome *is* my baby, but... she's still just a car, sorry.

Last edited by houtex; 9/28/14 at 04:48 PM.
Old 9/28/14, 04:55 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
That is horrible. I feel for you bro. I would be seething and spitting all over the place. I would want someone to beat the **** out of as well.
I hope the douche bags get caught. What sucks now is,.....you can never rest easy because someone in that complex either is the thief or is part of the thieves doing the stealing. I ****ing hate thieves.
Good luck going forward man.
Old 9/28/14, 05:22 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Please forgive me for asking but did you have wheel locks?
Old 9/28/14, 05:24 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
Tough break Dude, at least they put tires under your car to cut down on damage. They know you that's why they didn't trash your car.
I disagree- they sat the body on old wheels/tires under non-jacking points- the cost of wheels/tires will pale in comparison to damage to that poor car

probably some unemployed/crackhead or drunk we are supporting, needed a few bucks for a fix or a bottle. years back at work we had some loser break into our vending machines at work, did 10-15k damage and stole a few bucks in quarters... lazy addicts that wont try to earn a living could care less about screwing up everyones livelihood or pride and joy.

if you find the loser, dont get yourself in trouble - guaranteed he aint worth it. most likely the dude had a pickup or at least a large sedan to haul the jack/tires in, and left right after...
truckstops sell real cheap dashcams and they work great- 60 bucks, plus 20 for a big SD card, get a pair, park in a way they cant approach without tripping motion... bet within a month the dude/dudes (duds) will be back casing the place, looking for targets...

how far from the deck is your place? bet theres wireless cameras that can reach... I woulda slept in my car years ago- these days theres wireless options/motion detectors... adding a motion sensor to the car might be a easy deterrent too- they woulda just pulled the jack and ran- leaving you with a beeping car with loose lugnuts is better than this mess...
sorry to see. the number of useless fools wasting our air seems to be on the rise lately. All men are CREATED equal, but they sure dont stay that way.
Old 9/28/14, 06:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Please forgive me for asking but did you have wheel locks?
Nope, car didn't have the reverse sensing/security package

Wouldn't matter anyway, if they are pros which I think they are they would've just sheared them off anyway.

Also I agree with the other guy about the ****ty old tire under it, all that did was damage it more…if it wasn't for those it would (probably) just be sitting on the rotors, don't think the skirt/bumper/undercarriage would be messed up.

Police came, didn't do anything but give me a case number and tell me to call them when the leasing office secures video footage. This is probably $4k-$5k in damage all in parts and labor?
Old 9/28/14, 06:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Wow man. That sucks. I don't have wheel locks either. I used to, but don't bother now. Anyone who is planning on jacking your wheels, will find a way. Even if you have locks.
Old 9/28/14, 07:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Dude that sucks. If you help beating the **** out of them, send me a PM. Need laws like some of the middle east countries have for theft, cut the scumbags hand off.
Old 9/28/14, 07:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Blown CS
Dude that sucks. If you help beating the **** out of them, send me a PM. Need laws like some of the middle east countries have for theft, cut the scumbags hand off.
China and other asian countries...
Old 9/28/14, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That blows!!! Sad to see that happen. That's one of my fears. We have security guards that patrol our secured parking and I always keep in touch with them. They love our cars and always make sure things are good. Hopefully you get it all sorted out. Just remember karma's a b1tch and those low lifes will get what's coming to them!!
Old 9/28/14, 07:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I feel for you man. This happened to my friends GT, came out one morning to find the exact same thing except they left the jacks under his car. Never found out who it was but has put wireless cams up since. He did get a good check from the insurance co to purchase new rims and tires. One thing to check when getting new rims is locks that are recessed in the rim. ( the Track Pack rims have this feature) they are very difficult to defeat because you can't get vice grips on them (by-passing the wheel key). We all feel for you but as mentioned, at least no one got hurt. You will have it back and better than ever.
Old 9/28/14, 07:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
An aftermarket alarm, with a knock/motion sensor might have prevented that. Thieves don't like alarms.
Old 9/28/14, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
China and other asian countries...
Some parts of Saudi Arabia.
Old 9/28/14, 08:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The only reason they put the tires under the car was so they could get their jack out.
Old 9/28/14, 08:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
That garage looks identical to the one I used to park in, in Plymouth on Larch Lane. The apartment complexes garages are not as secure as you may think. I'm personally guilty of getting inside them during the winter months. When I got my new job in Plymouth in January 2010, I drove my truck up there from Florida. After 1600 miles of driving and going through Chicago's and Wisconsin's salty roads, I went by my old apartment complex that I lived in back in 1994. It has a heated underground parking with a wash bay. I would go in there once a week for the entire four months I was up there. I would follow someone in or I would go in the out. I felt better that I had a clean truck and nobody ever questioned me about being there. Of course, I never stole anything while I was there, but there are some that would say I stole the resources allocated for the tenants of the complex.

If you need new mufflers, I have my factory set available that I can get to you. As for the tires and rims, after you get the insurance money, look into Craigslist and get a set of take offs. You can tell if they are stolen or from an original owner just by asking a few questions of the seller. If they don't own a Mustang, walk away. If they do, ask them if these rims will fit a car with the Brembo brakes. If they aren't sure of that one, then these aren't their rims.
Old 9/28/14, 10:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Holy crap.... ive seen this kind of thing before. Honestly man that sucks really bad, what else can i say... Sometimes thats just the way she goes. We all have to deal with crap like this and god forbid sometimes things much worse.

I can understand the rage you feel and i sympathize with you. In all honestly its not worth it though, you dont want to get into any scuffles or legal troubles because of this. The thing with people who commit these types of things is that they often dont have much to lose and dont care all too much about repercussions or consequences of their actions. Better to just walk it off than create further issues for your self and possibly your family especially if you have kids.

I cant really tell much from the pictures but it doesnt look extremely bad. Always could be worse. Granted the side skirts and rear bumper probably need to be replaced but im sure your insurance has got you covered. I was recently down south and had somebody rip the satellite radio antenna off my mercedes truck. All in all the antenna was on the roof and they split through the metal to de attach it. Entire roof had to be replaced and sheet metal repainted... cost about 4k in damages. Insurance covered it under vandalism. The car had 20inch OEM wheels on it but they had locks on them so i assume that was the only reason they didnt take those too. This happened in the parking lot of a respect hotel chain. As per usual security and video tapes were useless. I didnt even bother with the police, went straight to insurance when i got home.

I really hope you get this taken care of, and for what its worth get some new parts or wheels which may be more suited toward your preference with regards to aftermarket. The reality is that this kind of job can be done in 5 minutes or less. Even with just one guy. He had probably been eyeing your car for awhile now. Keep an eye out on craigslist etc for your wheels. Who knows... all in all there is not much that can be done, thats the sad reality. If someone wants something bad enough they will take it, and there wont be much to do in order to stop them.
Old 9/28/14, 10:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks, the car is currently sitting behind a body shop. It took three hours to get the car on the flatbed tow truck since dollies aren't made for cars without rims and don't cradle brake rotors, even Brembos.

Police filed a report but basically did nothing except look at the car and give me a report number. There were two dust disturbances on the car that were not from me, they just shined an LED flashlight on those areas and said they didn't see any print ridges and that was that.

Now have to sort out getting a rental car, getting the surveillance footage which I already know won't show anything, calling the police back, dealing with the body shop and insurance tomorrow.

If all they had taken was the wheels and tires and not damaged the car whatsoever, I wouldn't be that upset. But paint and bodywork now?

Also they tried to take all four wheels, the other two were loose. They will be back for the other pair as soon as I get the car back.

EDIT; scott, looks like I'm good with the mufflers, I thought they were bent but once we got the tire out from under the car the exhaust tip centered itself again and I don't see any dent in the muffler, thanks though.

Quick Reply: WHEELS STOLEN OFF CAR