Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What not to do

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/12, 01:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by eric n
REMEMBER when the original Viper RT10 came out. They were considered almost undrivable with 400 hp (460# tq if I recall). Everyday some genius would spin out and hit a tree, ice cream truck, nun or worse yet a nun in a tree eating ice cream. I hate it when that happens.

Dumb **** move! That said we (could it just be me??)have all goosed the throttle a bit much coming around at least one corner in our lives. True this was extreme and extremely stupid. However, I'm going to pull a guess out of my orifice that he was mad with 5.0 power and give him the benefit of the doubt that this was an aberration and not part of his normal driving practices.

I'm glad no one was hurt and I'll assume his rapidly escalating insurance premiums will put him solidly in a Sonata from now on. Therefore hopefully we won't have to worry about this level of exuberance in the future.

But, then again I might be wrong ( I know this because I'm married and thus, wrong most all of the time.)
Your not wrong because your married...your wrong because you were born with a *****.... that's life with a woman regardless if married or dating.
Old 6/10/12, 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB

Your not wrong because your married...your wrong because you were born with a *****.... that's life with a woman regardless if married or dating.
"you're" just wrong. lol
Old 6/10/12, 01:30 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm always right but I have to provide scientific evidence before she will believe me. I'm glad there's google.
Old 6/10/12, 01:45 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Negative ghost rider
Old 6/10/12, 01:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lalayla

Negative ghost rider
You're not always right, Amie?
Old 6/10/12, 01:51 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

No, I'm not. Lol
Old 6/10/12, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lalayla
No, I'm not. Lol
You're a rare woman in just admitting that.
Old 6/10/12, 01:54 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Just being honest! Lol.
Old 6/10/12, 02:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MarkAmerica
Man, I hope the engine's ok.
doubt that anything's ok on that car
Old 6/10/12, 09:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsimmons
What gives you that impression? 80mph is 80mph regardless of what motor the car has in it. In the hands of the same inept driver, the car would still end up being parked a little to close to that tree.
It's the difference between FWD and RWD. It is much more difficult to get yourself into trouble with FWD. It depends on how he lost it to determine if FWD would have helped or not. If it is just plain understeer then FWD wouldn't have done a **** thing and he'd still be wrapped around the tree.
Old 6/10/12, 10:13 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 97GT12

It's the difference between FWD and RWD. It is much more difficult to get yourself into trouble with FWD. It depends on how he lost it to determine if FWD would have helped or not. If it is just plain understeer then FWD wouldn't have done a **** thing and he'd still be wrapped around the tree.
I used to have my moms 05 accord sedan and i would try any which way i could to toss it around like a ragdoll in an empty lot and just wouldnt. Takin the back twistys on road trips never did anything either. There was a hint of understeer but a quick adjustment always brought things back in line without drama
Old 6/11/12, 01:54 AM

The real truth about this mustang

First and foremost I would like to thank the assclown who is an mp, firefighter, or civillian that took the pictures of my car and posted them on here, because i'm pretty sure you didn't ask for my permission. Secondly i would like to settle the type of car, it is a 2011 GT/CS 5.0 with a (you guessed it, not stock exhaust) SLP loudmouth axle-back exhaust. Next, as you can probably guess since it's not a 2012 i had the vehicle for longer than 8 hours.. yes 3 weeks isn't much longer but I am not an in-experienced driver to vehicles with power. Fourthly, the ****ing traction control was not turned off and i wasn't going 80 MPH.. what happened was, my ex was calling me about my son and my phone fell to the floorboards... i looked at it for a second, contemplating whether or not to try and grab it and when i looked back up i was already into the turn, thus trying to quickly adjust and that's when the *** end came out.. i hit the tree and that was the end of it.. i have insurance, i'm a soldier with 5 years served and a deployment to iraq and afghanistan.. so stop talking ****.. i have nothing to hide and if you have more questions, you can e-mail me at: tkpeterson10@gmail.com
Old 6/11/12, 02:16 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
Old 6/11/12, 02:30 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Dangit!

I forgot to say it will buff right out.
Old 6/11/12, 02:34 AM
V6 Member

PM?

I'm new as of 6/7/12 (page 46 of this thread). Deysha asks for a PM. Is this a PM? What goes PM stand for? Post ________? Deysha did send me an email after that post & I did see a shortened version of my first "post" shortly thereafter at the bottom of a string of Deysha responses to other posts. This is only my second "post"! Thanks in advance for helping a beginner.
Old 6/11/12, 02:41 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 440sprint
I'm new as of 6/7/12 (page 46 of this thread). Deysha asks for a PM. Is this a PM? What goes PM stand for? Post ________? Deysha did send me an email after that post & I did see a shortened version of my first "post" shortly thereafter at the bottom of a string of Deysha responses to other posts. This is only my second "post"! Thanks in advance for helping a beginner.
PM stands for Private Message.

A way of privately conveying messages on this sight between members so as to not make the information public.

I have seen the post and Deysha's reply post
quoting yours. She merely stated she would get back to you. I would just wait and watch for the PM in your Private Messages folder and also watch the thread you originally posted in.

However none of that has anything to do with this thread.

Hope I helped. If Deysha doesn't respond in a few days try again.
Old 6/11/12, 05:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Trey Peterson
First and foremost I would like to thank the assclown who is an mp, firefighter, or civillian that took the pictures of my car and posted them on here, because i'm pretty sure you didn't ask for my permission. Secondly i would like to settle the type of car, it is a 2011 GT/CS 5.0 with a (you guessed it, not stock exhaust) SLP loudmouth axle-back exhaust. Next, as you can probably guess since it's not a 2012 i had the vehicle for longer than 8 hours.. yes 3 weeks isn't much longer but I am not an in-experienced driver to vehicles with power. Fourthly, the ****ing traction control was not turned off and i wasn't going 80 MPH.. what happened was, my ex was calling me about my son and my phone fell to the floorboards... i looked at it for a second, contemplating whether or not to try and grab it and when i looked back up i was already into the turn, thus trying to quickly adjust and that's when the *** end came out.. i hit the tree and that was the end of it.. i have insurance, i'm a soldier with 5 years served and a deployment to iraq and afghanistan.. so stop talking ****.. i have nothing to hide and if you have more questions, you can e-mail me at: tkpeterson10@gmail.com
Most importantly, thank you for serving. Having said that, why exactly did you feel the need to post that in this thread? It has nothing what so ever to do with your incident. Just because you're a Soldier doesn't mean you can't make a dumb@$$ decision.

The pictures were taken of a car, not YOU. If it was on public property, the person who took the pictures could of taken pictures of YOU and the car and posted them up here without your permission. If the accident happened on private property, but the person, whether a first responder or a guy just walking down the street, was on public property taking the pictures, they can be posted without your permission. Since it appears from what you've said to of happened on post, then the same rules apply since it didn't involve any government vehicles. It's just one of those things where when you screw up, the whole world is your stage.

On post, the highest speed limit is 45mph on rural roads or 4-5 lane roads with no homes or other high pedestrian traffic buildings/areas. Typically, the speed limit is 35 on post and 25 in densely populated areas like housing or gov't work buildings. So it doesn't matter if you were doing 50 or 80, and I would think your speed was very close to 55, at a minimum, due to the damage present, you were speeding. You dropped a phone and looked down for it? Knowing there was a curve coming up? Seriously?

From a Soldier who spent over 20 years in and did many aircraft accident investigations as well as having been called in on MANY vehicular accident investigations due to my experience, I can tell you this. YOU screwed the pooch and no amount of explanation is going to get you out of it. Thank GOD no one was walking near that area when you made the decision to take your eyes off the road and bend over to look for a stupid phone.

/soapbox

I'm VERY glad that you are able to post on these forums after your incident. I won't call it an accident because it isn't. I'm 100% sure this is embarrassing for you and also, that you have gone through a great deal of pain and suffering from this. I hope you heal quickly and I hope, even more so, that you resist the urge to look away from the road over a phone in the future.

Last edited by VTXFrank; 6/11/12 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling and spacing mistakes.
Old 6/11/12, 05:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I too thank you for serving. Well appretiated in my house.

It does not give a free ticket though to drive at what must have been an unsafe speed, and be on a cell phone.

Glad you are alright though. lesson learned. When my phone rings, I don't answer it; even with the sync option I have. Just not worth the risk of taking my attention away from the road. I wish they would outlaw phones in a car, with or without hands free applications. Most folks cannot multi-task when driving. Not saying this is your situation though. For me, I'm not getting any younger, and want to do all I can to avoid a situation you had to experience.

Again, glad you walked away, and thanks for serving.

Last edited by Bucko; 6/11/12 at 05:59 AM.
Old 6/11/12, 07:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Trey Peterson
This assclown was in the area when your incident occurred! No permission was required nor necessary! When I asked what happened, some people on scene provided the information, I apologize for possibly posting some inaccurate information. I too was a soldier of 22 yrs. been to Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and an assortment of other wonderful places!

The speed limit posted was 40 mph. There were over 100' of straight line skid and at least 3' of impact crumple on the car - you do the math. You weren't anywhere near 40mph. Based on the take off and two distinct skid marks, it looks like you floored it. Cell phone use on Fort Hood while operating a motor vehicle is prohibited without a hands free device specifically because of crap like this!

And, it Was a 2011 GT/CS
Old 6/11/12, 09:07 AM

I do by no means say the accident wasn't my fault. It is 100% undoubtedly my fault and yes i've already said i was going over the speed limit. Not that it will provide an excuse or justify why i was speeding, but i've driven that road hundreds maybe thousands of times and that straightaway before the turn, it just ended quicker than i thought it was going to,..by the time i looked up it was too late.. What i'm saying is, and why i said i'm in the military is.. theres already enough crap, lies, and people spreading rumors in my unit even after the police report was done. I too am very very thankful no one else was injured. But please stop spreading lies. If you want other pictures and you want to make a story saying please drive carefully or something urging more caution i would help out.. but to see the post in 2 different areas making a mockory of it and over-exaggerating the truth is frustrating..

Oh also, The sync system on the newer mustangs allows you to talk hands free, i just needed to know if my phone was going off or not.