2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/16, 12:50 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
That's a new stripe installed. The one I destroyed was peeled off today. I created no damage to the paint.

I emailed Big Worm and they responded by saying some heat or sun might take care of it. We'll see.
Old 8/20/16, 01:07 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Cleaned the corrosion off of the negative terminal. What the hell?!
Old 8/21/16, 06:06 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Took my 62 year old aunt out for her first Mustang ride ever! We might have hit 100 and when I told her she was like what? We just left? She then got scared through a few twisties but I told her ahead of time that she'll stick like glue. She really liked the ride and couldn't stop talking about it.
Old 8/21/16, 06:09 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,676 Likes on 1,198 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Took my 62 year old aunt out for her first Mustang ride ever! We might have hit 100 and when I told her she was like what? We just left? She then got scared through a few twisties but I told her ahead of time that she'll stick like glue. She really liked the ride and couldn't stop talking about it.
HA HAAAAAAAAAA
That's awesome.

(Speaking of BOSS 302 cars, I saw the GHIG BOSS 302 car that used to see again on Friday. I don't think he lives in my town, but he might. He might be visiting friends or family. Literally 2 minutes away from me. Awesome looking car.)
Old 8/28/16, 05:36 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Washed it and detailed the interior. Ran silicon on all of the seals to get on the doors and trunk. Took it up to carmax to get a quote. They came in low because of my aftermarket parts, even though I told them it would be returned to stock. Wife and I decided the car stays after seeing that price. I'll have to find a way to deal with the hour plus commute each afternoon.
Old 8/28/16, 05:48 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by clucas
Washed it and detailed the interior. Ran silicon on all of the seals to get on the doors and trunk. Took it up to carmax to get a quote. They came in low because of my aftermarket parts, even though I told them it would be returned to stock. Wife and I decided the car stays after seeing that price. I'll have to find a way to deal with the hour plus commute each afternoon.
Hey,....the way I look at it, everything happens for a reason, right??
So, now that's one hour of pure bliss you get to enjoy in your Mustang, especially after a long day at work. Good luck bro!
(Love the avatar too! SLAYER \m/)
Old 8/28/16, 05:49 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Drove mine after not driving it for a week.
Every time I get in that car, fire it up and put it into gear, I feel happy.
Old 8/28/16, 05:56 PM
GT Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Went to a local Corvette/Mustang car show. I seldom enter car shows as I drive my car regularly and since judging of fairly new cars basically comes down to detailing when the cars are stock or close to it. This makes it pretty difficult when you actually use the car regularly. I was honestly surprised when they said I tied for third place in stock class. I jokingly told the guy I tied with that he should protest the decision when I got up to get my trophy. I honestly think his car was cleaner. Yesterday I was out driving and was on a gravel road for a short distance and then went to a cruise night. By the time I got home after dark the car was a mess, especially bug splatter. This required a quick wash job before leaving for today's show. It was twenty miles to the show so I still had some fresh bug goo on the front of the car when the judges came by. I think they probably just had some extra trophies and didn't want anyone to go home empty handed.
Old 8/28/16, 08:32 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by SilrBult
Went to a local Corvette/Mustang car show. I seldom enter car shows as I drive my car regularly and since judging of fairly new cars basically comes down to detailing when the cars are stock or close to it. This makes it pretty difficult when you actually use the car regularly. I was honestly surprised when they said I tied for third place in stock class. I jokingly told the guy I tied with that he should protest the decision when I got up to get my trophy. I honestly think his car was cleaner. Yesterday I was out driving and was on a gravel road for a short distance and then went to a cruise night. By the time I got home after dark the car was a mess, especially bug splatter. This required a quick wash job before leaving for today's show. It was twenty miles to the show so I still had some fresh bug goo on the front of the car when the judges came by. I think they probably just had some extra trophies and didn't want anyone to go home empty handed.
hahaha, i highly doubt it bud! she's a beaut !
Old 8/29/16, 07:28 AM
Legacy Tms Member

A wee bit of tinting.

Name:  IMG_1692_zps2mz2jjva.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  190.6 KB

Black pony waiting for install. Beers and BBQ got in the way yesterday of completing the install. At least I have my priorities straight.
Old 8/29/16, 08:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by VidPro
A wee bit of tinting.

Black pony waiting for install. Beers and BBQ got in the way yesterday of completing the install. At least I have my priorities straight.
hideaway license plate has to be next!
The following users liked this post:
VidPro (8/30/16)
Old 8/29/16, 08:20 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Agreed. It's in my build list. Just need to pull the trigger and order it.
Old 8/29/16, 02:58 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

A wee bit of tinting.
Looks good man!!

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
hideaway license plate has to be next!
Agreed. It's in my build list. Just need to pull the trigger and order it.
I got the Craig's Custom. It's removable and I only use it when going for the inspection sticker every year. After that, it comes immediately off.
The following 2 users liked this post by Stage_3:
Coyote5-0 (8/30/16), VidPro (8/30/16)
Old 8/29/16, 09:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Painted my brake calipers burnt copper. Did it lazily without removing the calipers, used the brush method in the back, and sprayed it in the front. I messed up placing the decals on the passenger side, it came out a little crooked and off center.

I could live with it, but it bothers me. I bought an extra set, what's the best way to try to remove the decals?
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-20160829_135338.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-20160829_135412.jpg  

Last edited by kanine; 8/29/16 at 09:20 PM.
Old 8/29/16, 10:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by kanine
Painted my brake calipers burnt copper. Did it lazily without removing the calipers, used the brush method in the back, and sprayed it in the front. I messed up placing the decals on the passenger side, it came out a little crooked and off center.

I could live with it, but it bothers me. I bought an extra set, what's the best way to try to remove the decals?
I did one of my Brembo stickers off center too. I never fixed it. I replaced them with Wilwoods front and rear
Old 8/30/16, 02:53 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Looks good. Good color choice.
You need a color that pops on the brake caliper to shine through the wheels.

Originally Posted by laserred38
I did one of my Brembo stickers off center too. I never fixed it. I replaced them with Wilwoods front and rear
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA
A better fix all the way around Patrick. Wilwood/Baer are awesome. (Not that Brembo's are not, they are great as well.)
Old 8/30/16, 08:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks, didn't want to do red or matching color, seems everyone has it. My plan was to get new wheels and I think it will look better overall. I was planning on RTR wheels, or the new tech 7 RTRs, in charcoal, not a fan of blacked out wheels.

Haha, I'm keeping it the way it is for now, no plan for new brakes, the Brembos are just fine.
Old 8/31/16, 12:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Thanks, didn't want to do red or matching color, seems everyone has it. My plan was to get new wheels and I think it will look better overall. I was planning on RTR wheels, or the new tech 7 RTRs, in charcoal, not a fan of blacked out wheels.

Haha, I'm keeping it the way it is for now, no plan for new brakes, the Brembos are just fine.
I vote for the Tech 7s. They'd look great on your car. I only did the Wilwoods because I came across a deal I couldn't pass up. Otherwise I had new stickers, new caliper paint and high temp clear coat ready to go on!
Old 8/31/16, 09:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks, haven't seen many good pics of the tech 7s on the 10-14s, I do like how they look on the s550s.
Old 8/31/16, 09:50 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Put on my green cats this morning.

The Tech 7's are awesome. Of all the things I have done to my car, those get the most attention at shows. And not everyone has them because they haven't made enough of them. They keep going out of stock.

Last edited by Skrapmetal; 8/31/16 at 09:57 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?