2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Old 8/1/15, 07:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Looking GREAT as usual. How have you found them for road noise and handling?

I have the same size and brand of tires. No complaints with them.
Road noise is not an issue at all. Handling, I am still babying it, so I can't comment on that.
Old 8/1/15, 07:29 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by dohc97
Road noise is not an issue at all. Handling, I am still babying it, so I can't comment on that.

I have a vertible with an offroad H pipe so if there was any road noise i wouldn't hear it LOL
Old 8/2/15, 09:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
John

I'm a bit confused. I thought all fighter and bomber groups in Europe operated under the command of the 8th Air Force in England except for the 15th AF in Italy.

I love WWII history, especially the air campaign, but was unaware of the 9th AF. Please educate me...I'd love to know more.

Btw, my dad flew with the 305th Bomber Group (Can-Do).
The 9th was based out of France after it was liberated. The 8th always gets the lions share of credit because it was established first (in Great Britian) and was the largest.

Trivia: Our Mustangs are named after this great fighter. The D model Mustang is powered by the Rolls Royce Merlin built under license by the Packard Motor Car Company in Detriot Michigan and was designated as the V1650-7. It's a 1649 cubic inch, 60 degree V-12 engine and was equipped with a two stage, two speed supercharger with intercooler and aftercooler. It produced 1720hp at 61 inches of manifold pressure at its max 3000 rpm. Just another reason our car should have superchargers!
Old 8/2/15, 09:43 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Horspla
The 9th was based out of France after it was liberated. The 8th always gets the lions share of credit because it was established first (in Great Britian) and was the largest...........
Thanks for the info. Did the 9th only consist of fighters, or did it have a bomber element as well?

"It's a 1649 cubic inch, 60 degree V-12 engine and was equipped with a two stage, two speed supercharger with intercooler and aftercooler. It produced 1720hp at 61 inches of manifold pressure at its max 3000 rpm. Just another reason our car should have superchargers!"

A couple of .50 cal machine guns on our Mustangs could really come in handy sometimes as well.
Old 8/2/15, 10:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the info. Did the 9th only consist of fighters, or did it have a bomber element as well?

"It's a 1649 cubic inch, 60 degree V-12 engine and was equipped with a two stage, two speed supercharger with intercooler and aftercooler. It produced 1720hp at 61 inches of manifold pressure at its max 3000 rpm. Just another reason our car should have superchargers!"

A couple of .50 cal machine guns on our Mustangs could really come in handy sometimes as well.
Bombers as well.

6 .50's would have been put to good use last night on the way home from the racetrack. F'ing drunk sailed through an intersection right in front of me out in the sticks. I thought it was all over. Almost had the car in a four point slide to avoid a crash. No place safe left to drive anymore.
Old 8/2/15, 10:36 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,676 Likes on 1,198 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
I'm completely in love with the look of the car now. The new wheels and stance look so more mean. This car looks like it means business now. I also think the wheels make it look more grown up and less douchey...? Haha
I love the way it looks Patrick! Excellent choice on wheels. Awesome bro!

Originally Posted by dohc97
I have about 250 miles on my car since installing the new tires. I just noticed that I have a slight rubbing in the rear passenger side if I drive fast on highway dips. Might have to change the struts and shocks to stiffer ones; still using the oem shocks/struts.
Car looks killer. And that's some serious meat on there!
Great photography as well.
Old 8/2/15, 03:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Bombers as well.

6 .50's would have been put to good use last night on the way home from the racetrack. F'ing drunk sailed through an intersection right in front of me out in the sticks. I thought it was all over. Almost had the car in a four point slide to avoid a crash. No place safe left to drive anymore.
Wow, glad to hear your not the latest mustang crash around here, we've had enough of that lately. Really have to drive defensively these days, too many distracted (or drunk) drivers.
Old 8/2/15, 03:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

The 9th was based out of France after it was liberated. The 8th always gets the lions share of credit because it was established first (in Great Britian) and was the largest.

Trivia: Our Mustangs are named after this great fighter. The D model Mustang is powered by the Rolls Royce Merlin built under license by the Packard Motor Car Company in Detriot Michigan and was designated as the V1650-7. It's a 1649 cubic inch, 60 degree V-12 engine and was equipped with a two stage, two speed supercharger with intercooler and aftercooler. It produced 1720hp at 61 inches of manifold pressure at its max 3000 rpm. Just another reason our car should have superchargers!
From what I've read, Ford produced some of the Merlin V-12s that went into P-51s also. I agree on the supercharger part.
Old 8/2/15, 04:00 PM
FR500 Member

I agree on the supercharger part.
Yeah, I guess machine guns on cars are out of the question on the left coast... especially where you live in the Bay area....unless they shoot out colorful bubbles.
Old 8/2/15, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took my 6 year old nephew for a spin. Left black S mark on the road.
Old 8/2/15, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

From what I've read, Ford produced some of the Merlin V-12s that went into P-51s also. I agree on the supercharger part.
Not to be an anorak but the but good old Henry Ford originally turned down the offer to build the Merlin here on US soil. Thats when Packard stepped up to the plate. Ford said he wanted no part of it because he was convinced Great Britian was not going to win the Battle of Britian and there would be no need for the engines he would be tooled up to build. Later in the war Ford of Britian built them in very small numbers and from what I know, none were the dash numbers fitted to the P-51.

My Mustang was safely tucked away in the garage last night. I never drive it to the races...not a good place to drive a decent vehicle. Too much potential for damage of just about every kind. Poor old Taurus...only minutes before my near short soiling experience, I ran over a dead skunk in the road...PU!!! It slept out in the driveway last night and got a bath today!
Old 8/2/15, 05:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Not to be an anorak but the but good old Henry Ford originally turned down the offer to build the Merlin here on US soil. Thats when Packard stepped up to the plate. Ford said he wanted no part of it because he was convinced Great Britian was not going to win the Battle of Britian and there would be no need for the engines he would be tooled up to build. Later in the war Ford of Britian built them in very small numbers and from what I know, none were the dash numbers fitted to the P-51.

My Mustang was safely tucked away in the garage last night. I never drive it to the races...not a good place to drive a decent vehicle. Too much potential for damage of just about every kind. Poor old Taurus...only minutes before my near short soiling experience, I ran over a dead skunk in the road...PU!!! It slept out in the driveway last night and got a bath today!
Ah, maybe I read that Ford was called upon to produce some of the engines then. I knew somewhere in my memory banks, it was mentioned, just got my facts twisted a little haha!

Sorry about the daily, my dog was skunked a couple months ago and I cannot believe how much worse it is when it's fresh and right next to you.
Old 8/2/15, 05:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah, I guess machine guns on cars are out of the question on the left coast... especially where you live in the Bay area....unless they shoot out colorful bubbles.
Lmao, can't only shoot white bubbles now. Need to make sure we get ALL the colors...
Old 8/2/15, 06:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ah, maybe I read that Ford was called upon to produce some of the engines then. I knew somewhere in my memory banks, it was mentioned, just got my facts twisted a little haha!

Sorry about the daily, my dog was skunked a couple months ago and I cannot believe how much worse it is when it's fresh and right next to you.
Ya...the little puke guy is right on. What a stench. Makes me ask just exactly what was God thinking anyway!?!?
Old 8/2/15, 07:29 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Lmao, can't only shoot white bubbles now. Need to make sure we get ALL the colors...
not sure which would scare me more..lol
Old 8/5/15, 11:15 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

One last little mod before I make my 2400 mile trip to AZ. I wanted a dead petal cover but wanted something that looked oem. So I found the 15 plastic dead petal for $13 and epoxied it to the carpet. Looks good and cheaper than the other options. What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-photo485.jpg
Old 8/5/15, 11:24 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangfan410
One last little mod before I make my 2400 mile trip to AZ. I wanted a dead petal cover but wanted something that looked oem. So I found the 15 plastic dead petal for $13 and epoxied it to the carpet. Looks good and cheaper than the other options. Attachment 173153

That does look good. I might have to do that sometime on mine.
Old 8/5/15, 11:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
One last little mod before I make my 2400 mile trip to AZ. I wanted a dead petal cover but wanted something that looked oem. So I found the 15 plastic dead petal for $13 and epoxied it to the carpet. Looks good and cheaper than the other options.
Originally Posted by SpectreH
That does look good. I might have to do that sometime on mine.
I just got the Husky mats which fully cover the dead pedal area anyway
Old 8/6/15, 06:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
One last little mod before I make my 2400 mile trip to AZ. I wanted a dead petal cover but wanted something that looked oem. So I found the 15 plastic dead petal for $13 and epoxied it to the carpet. Looks good and cheaper than the other options. Attachment 173153
It's missing something though ...

Name:  Man-pedal.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  122.7 KB
Old 8/6/15, 06:48 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Gabe
It's missing something though ...

That's very funny Gabe. But wouldn't you feel like **** if Nick couldn't drive a stick because he only has one leg?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?