Well they weren't lying about you Texas boys

Search this Thread

Old 8/26/14, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Well they weren't lying about you Texas boys

TX officer allegedly lets 140-mph street racer go with a warning

By: Chris Bruce Posted Aug 26th 2014 11:15AM

Being pulled over by the police is one of the most nerve-racking situations that a driver can go through, and it's even worse when you know that the officer has you dead to rights for speeding well over the posted limit. In this video, the driver of a heavily modified Ford Mustang with a claimed 966 horsepower at the rear wheels could have easily lost his ride for doing triple-digit speeds and street racing, but a friendly Texas police officer appears to send him on his way with a simple warning.

What's more, the driver in question wasn't just speeding – his Mustang was the camera car for a bunch of rolling street races in the wee hours of the morning on a Texas highway. The driver was more than willing to mix it up in the action, too. Eventually the cops catch on and pick the 'Stang to pull over, but not before the Ford owner runs a claimed 140 mph. With only audio to go on after the car is pulled over, the police officer seems incredibly nonchalant about catching someone who was so brazenly breaking the law. Incredibly, the patrolman actually tells the driver that he's seen everyone racing tonight but ignored them. With traffic picking up, the cop says that it's time to "cut it out" and go home for the night. As far as this video shows, that was the end of it.

Warning: There is explicit, not-safe-for-work language in the video below.

What do you think, should the officer have let the motorist go with just a warning, or was he being too generous? Let us know in the poll below and in Comments.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/08/26/t...-go/#continued
Old 8/26/14, 02:09 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ you sure that wasn't in Iowa? LOL... That guy would have lost his license and arrested on the spot :O
Old 8/26/14, 02:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Lets access the situation here,

Officers use their discretion as they see fit.

Doing several pulls on a deserted highway at night with no other motorists around.

Cop is a good guy, would buy him a beer
Old 8/26/14, 02:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
^ you sure that wasn't in Iowa? LOL... That guy would have lost his license and arrested on the spot :O
Same with any other state. Racing at those speeds will constitute that regardless.
Old 8/26/14, 02:13 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Same with any other state. Racing at those speeds will constitute that regardless.
Wait... can't be Iowa, since they actually have Highway Roads in that vid. And from what I can tell, they're not under construction and always full of potholes. Impressive.

Old 8/26/14, 02:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've actually heard of a couple guys that have had this happen... but both were on Sport Bikes...
Old 8/26/14, 02:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
DPS would have shot his ***.
Old 8/26/14, 02:45 PM
Cobra Member

Wait... can't be Iowa, since they actually have Highway Roads in that vid. And from what I can tell, they're not under construction and always full of potholes. Impressive.

come to ontario bro
Old 8/26/14, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
This happened in Texas. I'm a big fan of "1320 Video" and "Mexico Racing League". All these guys race out in Texas early in the morning. Some seriously powerful street cars.

Guy was extremely lucky
Old 8/26/14, 05:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xtc.inc
come to ontario bro
Yeah, seen an OPP cruiser on the 401 tell another driver in a ford escape last week to slow down on my way to work one morning.

I was following the OPP cruiser in the middle lane doing 110KM/H and the ford escape (left lane) couldn't have been doing more than 115... Cop was just on a stupid power trip, flexing his muscle when people are just trying to get to work
Old 8/26/14, 05:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From the highway exit signs I'd say that's about 10 miles from my place on Beltway 8. It's a toll road and they keep up the maintenance on it very well so it's a great highway to get some WOT on. I've had some pulls on the beltway but of course I observed the speed limit LOL

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
DPS would have shot his ***.
You're right on that, must have been a constable. DPS are pretty hardcore.
Old 8/26/14, 05:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never had a problem with DPS "full grown bear". Now the "city kitty" and "county Mountie" are another story. As far as them doing short pulls at 4 something in the morning on open well lit highways I have no problem with that. It's the person who cuts in and out of heavy traffic where the problems start.
Old 8/26/14, 06:03 PM
Banned

When you get pulled over by the police there are a number of things you can do to make the whole thing go smoothly.

First of all, put the car in neutral (use parking brake) or park and take your foot off of the brake. A tell tale sign that a driver is going to flee is that the brake lights never go out. Officers will often look for the brake lights to go out before they even exit the patrol car.

If it's dark outside, turn on your overhead dome or interior lights. This shows the officer that you are not trying to hide anything in your interior like weapons, drugs, etc. etc.

Have your window rolled down and your drivers license and insurance information ready when he walks up.

It would behoove you to exercise good manners by way of saying "Yes Sir", "No Maam" and so on. A little politeness and respect goes a long way.

If you just put these simple things into practice you would be amazed how many Officers will let you off with a warning.

All to often what happens when the Officer walks up to the car is he gets some jerkweed that starts feeding him a line of crap about why he was 25 miles an hour over the speed limit. Or the driver in question starts questioning the Officers authority and reason for conducting a traffic stop under some misguided notion that the US Constitution gives you the right to treat Police Officers like they are subhuman trash. Then when the Officer gives them a big fat ticket they act like the Officer is the one at fault.

One of my favorite examples of this was that Matt Farah idiot on the Drive channel. He was once driving 150 mph in a Mustang convertible with a man in the back seat who was standing up and filming other cars on the road. The man in the back was tied off to the front seat headrest with a rope. Yeah, that's safe. Naturally a State Trooper ended up pulling them over and giving both Farah and the passenger a ticket for their retarded behavior. Farah gets all upset and starts talking crap about the State Troopers. Yea, I guess it's the State Troopers fault that he doesn't know not to drive 150 mph with a man standing up in the back seat of his Mustang. Moron.

The point is this. Keep in mind that for 8 to 10 hours a day Police Officers deal with crappy human beings that aren't worth the time of day for the most part. If you think that won't have an affect on your general mood after awhile then you try it and see for yourself. So when that Officer walks up to your window on a traffic stop the dumbest thing you can do is start acting like an *** and tossing out the lies as to why you just had to speed. Do yourself a favor, be polite, be cooperative and you will be amazed how smoothly things can go.

Last edited by White2010; 8/26/14 at 06:11 PM.
Old 8/26/14, 06:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by White2010
When you get pulled over by the police there are a number of things you can do to make the whole thing go smoothly. First of all, put the car in neutral (use parking brake) or park and take your foot off of the brake. A tell tale sign that a driver is going to flee is that the brake lights never go out. Officers will often look for the brake lights to go out before they even exit the patrol car. If it's dark outside, turn on your overhead dome or interior lights. This shows the officer that you are not trying to hide anything in your interior like weapons, drugs, etc. etc. Have your window rolled down and your drivers license and insurance information ready when he walks up. It would behoove you to exercise good manners by way of saying "Yes Sir", "No Maam" and so on. A little politeness and respect goes a long way. If you just put these simple things into practice you would be amazed how many Officers will let you off with a warning. All to often what happens when the Officer walks up to the car is he gets some jerkweed that starts feeding him a line of crap about why he was 25 miles an hour over the speed limit. Or the driver in question starts questioning the Officers authority and reason for conducting a traffic stop under some misguided notion that the US Constitution gives you the right to treat Police Officers like they are subhuman trash. Then when the Officer gives them a big fat ticket they act like the Officer is the one at fault. One of my favorite examples of this was that Matt Farah idiot on the Drive channel. He was once driving 150 mph in a Mustang convertible with a man in the back seat who was standing up and filming other cars on the road. The man in the back was tied off to the front seat headrest with a rope. Yeah, that's safe. Naturally a State Trooper ended up pulling them over and giving both Farah and the passenger a ticket for their retarded behavior. Farah gets all upset and starts talking crap about the State Troopers. Yea, I guess it's the State Troopers fault that he doesn't know not to drive 150 mph with a man standing up in the back seat of his Mustang. Moron. The point is this. Keep in mind that for 8 to 10 hours a day Police Officers deal with crappy human beings that aren't worth the time of day for the most part. If you think that won't have an affect on your general mood after awhile then you try it and see for yourself. So when that Officer walks up to your window on a traffic stop the dumbest thing you can do is start acting like an *** and tossing out the lies as to why you just had to speed. Do yourself a favor, be polite, be cooperative and you will be amazed how smoothly things can go.
This.
Old 8/26/14, 06:24 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by White2010
When you get pulled over by the police there are a number of things you can do to make the whole thing go smoothly.

First of all, put the car in neutral (use parking brake) or park and take your foot off of the brake. A tell tale sign that a driver is going to flee is that the brake lights never go out. Officers will often look for the brake lights to go out before they even exit the patrol car.

If it's dark outside, turn on your overhead dome or interior lights. This shows the officer that you are not trying to hide anything in your interior like weapons, drugs, etc. etc.

Have your window rolled down and your drivers license and insurance information ready when he walks up.

It would behoove you to exercise good manners by way of saying "Yes Sir", "No Maam" and so on. A little politeness and respect goes a long way.

If you just put these simple things into practice you would be amazed how many Officers will let you off with a warning.

All to often what happens when the Officer walks up to the car is he gets some jerkweed that starts feeding him a line of crap about why he was 25 miles an hour over the speed limit. Or the driver in question starts questioning the Officers authority and reason for conducting a traffic stop under some misguided notion that the US Constitution gives you the right to treat Police Officers like they are subhuman trash. Then when the Officer gives them a big fat ticket they act like the Officer is the one at fault.

One of my favorite examples of this was that Matt Farah idiot on the Drive channel. He was once driving 150 mph in a Mustang convertible with a man in the back seat who was standing up and filming other cars on the road. The man in the back was tied off to the front seat headrest with a rope. Yeah, that's safe. Naturally a State Trooper ended up pulling them over and giving both Farah and the passenger a ticket for their retarded behavior. Farah gets all upset and starts talking crap about the State Troopers. Yea, I guess it's the State Troopers fault that he doesn't know not to drive 150 mph with a man standing up in the back seat of his Mustang. Moron.

The point is this. Keep in mind that for 8 to 10 hours a day Police Officers deal with crappy human beings that aren't worth the time of day for the most part. If you think that won't have an affect on your general mood after awhile then you try it and see for yourself. So when that Officer walks up to your window on a traffic stop the dumbest thing you can do is start acting like an *** and tossing out the lies as to why you just had to speed. Do yourself a favor, be polite, be cooperative and you will be amazed how smoothly things can go.
Good advice. I would not want to be a LEO having to approach a dark vehicle at night. Those guys/gals have my respect.
Old 8/26/14, 06:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very well said White2010. I own a small trucking business. We get pulled over for random road side checks and I tell my drivers to be polite and courteous. Yes sir, no sir is about all you have to say and usually all they want to hear.
Old 8/26/14, 07:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd like to add on to what White2010 said, as he made some great points but perhaps missed a few that I could add.

It always good to turn off your vehicle, toss the keys on the dash and have your hands on the wheel so the LEO knows where your hands are while he's approaching your window. I'll echo that politeness goes a very long way.

Just yesterday, I was pulled over for "Exhibition of Speed". I broke my tires loose mid turn and a cop saw me as he was coming out of a nearby neighborhood. This was on a vacant road. I did what I stated above, "yes sir", "no sir", and admitted to him I knew what I did was wrong. He checks over my paperwork, and tells me to keep it at the track and to have a nice day. No tickets, no arrest, and didn't get my car impounded. I should have been booked last night for a misdemeanor and my car impounded for 30 days, but he let me go with a warning because I was polite and did all the correct things that a cop looks for. My clean record helped as well. I suppose he was also in a good mood and/or going home for the day and didn't want to bother with the extra work for the night, but idk about that.

I'd like to add that I almost never drive recklessly on public road ways except for when I'm getting on the freeway on-ramps where I like to "punch it" when no one is in front of me.
Old 8/26/14, 09:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
I have 'gotten out' of tickets by using this exact method.

One of them was a profilin' though, so maybe it don't count. The others? Yep. Dead to rights, they had me... but let me go.

It pays, and pays well, to be nice to the officer.
Old 8/27/14, 05:47 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Last year I was stopped on the way to work doing about 15 over...it was 3:30 in the morning and I was half asleep..first mistake was not shutting off my stupid cheap radar detector....he asked me what that sound was and I said "my stupid radar detector" ( it was a cheapo in my dd) but i was polite and treated him nicely. Anyway, he said "you will be getting a ticket today sir". He went back to his car and then came back after a few minutes, I was all ready to sign everything. But he walked up and asked "Do you have a son in the service"? ( I had the service star and 82nd Airborne sticker on rear window). I said "Yes sir, he handles a bomb detection dog and is currently in Afghanistan". He then paused and then said "I will just give you a warning"...first time my kid SAVED me money and didn't cost me money!!! Another time on the way back from a vacation I was doing about 80 to 85 in a 60 or so zone...I had passed a Mustang on the side of the road not realizing it was a cop....About 5 miles down the road she pulls me over...but after looking in a minivan filled with kids and junk and 2 exhausted parents in the front she only gave me a warning as well!!!!
Old 8/27/14, 07:43 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by JCStang
Last year I was stopped on the way to work doing about 15 over...it was 3:30 in the morning and I was half asleep..first mistake was not shutting off my stupid cheap radar detector....he asked me what that sound was and I said "my stupid radar detector" ( it was a cheapo in my dd) but i was polite and treated him nicely. Anyway, he said "you will be getting a ticket today sir". He went back to his car and then came back after a few minutes, I was all ready to sign everything. But he walked up and asked "Do you have a son in the service"? ( I had the service star and 82nd Airborne sticker on rear window). I said "Yes sir, he handles a bomb detection dog and is currently in Afghanistan". He then paused and then said "I will just give you a warning"...first time my kid SAVED me money and didn't cost me money!!! Another time on the way back from a vacation I was doing about 80 to 85 in a 60 or so zone...I had passed a Mustang on the side of the road not realizing it was a cop....About 5 miles down the road she pulls me over...but after looking in a minivan filled with kids and junk and 2 exhausted parents in the front she only gave me a warning as well!!!!
great stories Jeff! And thanks to your son for his service to our country.

My story was similar a few months ago. End result was a warning. 9:30 pm, back road, no one around. I goosed it some on a 45. Lights come on. Cop comes up. "Any idea how fast you were going sir?". "45?". He proceeds to laugh sarcastically. I give him my info, he goes back to his car and returns later and says, "I know you have a muscle car and all, but slow down ok? I know what it must be like owning one. I'm a muscle car guy myself.".

The minute he said that last sentence. I knew I had him HOOKED. We talked about my and his car for about 5 minutes. He ended up giving me a warning.

p.s. he owned 80-something Vette. I told him how much "I LOVED VETTES"!!! hahahahahahaha. sssssssh, our little secret.

Quick Reply: Well they weren't lying about you Texas boys