2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Vibration in 2012 V6 Premium

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/15, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vibration in 2012 V6 Premium

Good afternoon folks! I have been dealing with a vibration in my 2012 V6 Mustang recently, and a trip to the dealership hasn't yielded any solutions.

On a recent road trip, I noticed the car would start vibrating on the highway. I could feel the shaking in the steering wheel, on my seat, and on the gas pedal. I could also hear a tumbling noise (almost like something was rolling around in the trunk). As soon as I got back from my trip, I took it into the local dealership and they said the noise was due to an issue with the sway bar and bushings. They also took the car out for a drive and felt the vibration too, and said it was probably a tire issue. Since my tires had a little over 40,000 miles on them, I decided that it was probably a wise decision to get new tires. So, they put 4 brand new Pirelli tires on and fixed the sway bar/bushings under PremiumCare.

On my way home from the dealership I decided to see if the vibration issue had been eliminated, so I went out on the highway. Thankfully, the tumbling noise was gone. But, although it is not as bad as it previously was, there is still a noticeable vibration. I can even feel it at lower speeds. I know it's hard to explain how something like this feels in words, but it almost makes my legs feel as if they are tuning forks that have been struck and are constantly vibrating as I drive. (It's certainly not comfortable!) When I first bought the car it rode so smoothly, so this vibration is definitely noticeable and out of the ordinary.

If any of you guys and gals (who know much more about Mustangs than me!) could offer any wisdom/advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much.
Old 1/31/15, 03:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Is the vibrations still upfront? Did they check the Font end Bushings, Ball Joints,Tie Rod ends?
Old 2/2/15, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Taking it back to the dealership again today and leaving it there overnight so they can spend time test driving it - hopefully they find what's wrong!
Old 2/3/15, 12:58 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyersFan
Taking it back to the dealership again today and leaving it there overnight so they can spend time test driving it - hopefully they find what's wrong!
Glad to learn this is being looked into for you, FlyersFan. Let me know what they say.

Deysha