Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Traded in the 2014 5.0. My thoughts after 3 years of ownership.

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/16, 06:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If this is your DD, I wouldn't bother lowering the car. Some speed bumps are so high that my 13 GT keeps rubbing the bottom already, and it ain't even lowered!!
Originally Posted by car_designer
Last1, I noticed you said you drive it all year and lowered it.

Do you get much snow accumulation where you live? Did lowering your Mustang cause any issues driving in the winter?

I drive my 2013 all year but we can have a couple of inches of snow on the ground and I need to be able to drive through it. Last winter we broke a record with about 20" of snow in one day and the plows couldn't keep up with it but my Mustang made it home without any issues.

I've thought about lowering mine but with the snow in the winter and potholes in the spring I'm hesistant.
Old 7/15/16, 08:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by car_designer
Last1, I noticed you said you drive it all year and lowered it.

Do you get much snow accumulation where you live? Did lowering your Mustang cause any issues driving in the winter?

I drive my 2013 all year but we can have a couple of inches of snow on the ground and I need to be able to drive through it. Last winter we broke a record with about 20" of snow in one day and the plows couldn't keep up with it but my Mustang made it home without any issues.

I've thought about lowering mine but with the snow in the winter and potholes in the spring I'm hesistant.
I had a very modest amount of lowering done with the Ford P springs. They only drop the car 1" all around. I also didn't have a low profile tire. That helped quite a bit. I really had minimal issues driving in the snow.
Old 7/15/16, 11:17 PM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JonsMustang
If this is your DD, I wouldn't bother lowering the car. Some speed bumps are so high that my 13 GT keeps rubbing the bottom already, and it ain't even lowered!!
I haven't had any issues yet with mine stock, but good point.

Originally Posted by Last1
I had a very modest amount of lowering done with the Ford P springs. They only drop the car 1" all around. I also didn't have a low profile tire. That helped quite a bit. I really had minimal issues driving in the snow.
Thanks for the reply. That is about the amount I've been thinking about, but still not sure if I'll be doing it or not.
Old 7/16/16, 05:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravydog316
ok, but don't take this wrong, but what if you die in 2 years?
naw, you better buy something tomorrow!!
Lol great inspiration.
Old 7/16/16, 05:29 PM
GT Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
I understand the 'Stang for SUV trade completely.

A few years ago I traded my '06 BMW Z4M for a Nissan Xterra 4WD. At the time my interests were tending toward back country exploring, hunting, etc It was a good trade for me at the time as the Z4 was limiting my fun.

I drove that Nissan for 8 years, sold it and bought a cherry '06 Mustang GT. It's great to have a drivers car again. I wonder if I'll cycle back to a truck at some point in the future?.....If I do the Mustang will stay here.