Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Track day with Aero!

Old 9/20/16, 03:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Just be careful with the diffuser on the rear. There is a reason a lot of the guys in AI or AIX aren't running one right now since they can create drag and can upset the front and rear aero balance which would be detrimental to the cars overall balance. The wing, front canards & splitter tend to provide enough downforce when utilized or properly executed.

Also if you want 101blur makes a diffuser if you are looking for something that is quick and easy to mount. Looking at the underside of my car as well I was thinking you can use mounting points along the edge of the bumper, remove the Evap cover along the rear and use those bolt holes as a location to mount the diffuser. The only thing I haven't really looked at is how to mount it towards the rear of the car. Maybe attaching it to the differential, but that moves so that would be somewhat of a hard thing to achieve. Another thing to look at is if you plan on racing in a class, you have to think about the rules of that class as well
Old 10/1/16, 11:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by ford20
Just be careful with the diffuser on the rear. There is a reason a lot of the guys in AI or AIX aren't running one right now since they can create drag and can upset the front and rear aero balance which would be detrimental to the cars overall balance. The wing, front canards & splitter tend to provide enough downforce when utilized or properly executed.

Also if you want 101blur makes a diffuser if you are looking for something that is quick and easy to mount. Looking at the underside of my car as well I was thinking you can use mounting points along the edge of the bumper, remove the Evap cover along the rear and use those bolt holes as a location to mount the diffuser. The only thing I haven't really looked at is how to mount it towards the rear of the car. Maybe attaching it to the differential, but that moves so that would be somewhat of a hard thing to achieve. Another thing to look at is if you plan on racing in a class, you have to think about the rules of that class as well
Yes, agreed on the balance - I'm back out in about 2 weeks for more testing with some different wing angles and sway settings.

Regarding mounting, I just have to get under the car at some point and map out a plan. Wing version 2.0 is the next CF project - longer chord length and wider overall wing, plus I have improved my fabrication techniques for a nicer final product.

Anyways, more video footage and supporting data soon since the next outing is on good tires