2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sync 4.4 Update.

Search this Thread

Old 10/15/16, 08:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Is it available for download or is it a dealer option only?
The following users liked this post:
ofequipmentgolf (10/17/16)
Old 10/17/16, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not exactly sure since I'm running with Android on the phone.

The update appears to be a dealer only installation for now, since the download data isn't even available on the Ford Owner site.
Old 10/18/16, 01:17 PM
GT Member

Did anyone's take only a few minutes to install? I followed the instructions (said it could take up to 30 min to update), but it gave me what I thought was the first "Installation Complete" after five minutes and didn't change from there. I waited a few more minutes, then manually rebooted SYNC in the menu, looked up the FRP version and it matches the version I downloaded. Everything seems to work fine. Maybe it's because I have the base Sync (non-Touch).
Old 10/20/16, 04:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Mine only took about 5 minutes as well, but the update didn't fix the Bluetooth connectivity issues I have been having with my iPhone 6 since day one. Can take the phone out of the car and walk into the store, shop then come back out and when I start the car it connects to the phone and even remembers the song that was playing without issue. Can leave the phone in the car at work and when I come back out to the car and start it and it defaults to Line In and the "Bluetooth Audio" command marathon continues.
Old 10/20/16, 07:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
Mine only took about 5 minutes as well, but the update didn't fix the Bluetooth connectivity issues I have been having with my iPhone 6 since day one. Can take the phone out of the car and walk into the store, shop then come back out and when I start the car it connects to the phone and even remembers the song that was playing without issue. Can leave the phone in the car at work and when I come back out to the car and start it and it defaults to Line In and the "Bluetooth Audio" command marathon continues.
Mine does that too, but 99% of the time I can just say "Bluetooth audio" and it switches over without problem.
Old 10/21/16, 12:16 AM
GT Member

Is anyone having issues updating to 4.6?

Last year I updated to 4.4 successfully. As far as I can remember, I'm doing the same thing. However, with the 4.6 update, it looks like when I click "Install" it says "Installing File..." for a few minutes and then the screen goes back to as if nothing is installing. If I click "Install" again, it says "Installation already in progress" and then switches to "Installing file..." - I've wanted 30+ minutes and as far as I can tell, it's still "Installing file"?
Old 10/21/16, 11:18 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by msqr

Last year I updated to 4.4 successfully. As far as I can remember, I'm doing the same thing. However, with the 4.6 update, it looks like when I click "Install" it says "Installing File..." for a few minutes and then the screen goes back to as if nothing is installing. If I click "Install" again, it says "Installation already in progress" and then switches to "Installing file..." - I've wanted 30+ minutes and as far as I can tell, it's still "Installing file"?
Hey msqr,

Try a master reset on the vehicle and then the installation again: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...html?sync=sync

Keep me in the loop!

Cara
Old 10/22/16, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by K.A.I.N
Did anyone's take only a few minutes to install? I followed the instructions (said it could take up to 30 min to update), but it gave me what I thought was the first "Installation Complete" after five minutes and didn't change from there. I waited a few more minutes, then manually rebooted SYNC in the menu, looked up the FRP version and it matches the version I downloaded. Everything seems to work fine. Maybe it's because I have the base Sync (non-Touch).
Mine was quick too, maybe about five minutes. I also have the base Sync. I tried to report the update to Ford on their website but when I plugged my USB drive back into my notebook, it didn't show the xml file for some reason. Sync seems to be working normally and it shows the correct FRP version.
Old 10/22/16, 01:38 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Originally Posted by K.A.I.N

Put my 4.6 update on today. Was very quick, probably less than 5 minutes. Instructions said it would be about 10 minutes. Got the first and second "Installation completed" messages just a few seconds apart. I was not sure if it was done or not so waited for 12-13 minutes more. No more messages so gave up and pressed the menu button to get out. RE-Paired my iPhone 6 and had a few issues. Deleted the pairing of the phone and re-paired. Seems to work fine now. Have only had it on for about an hour. If I have issues I will update.

Did notice it now remembers the USB2 device if playing when car is turned off. Reconnects to USB2 and starts at point in song where it left off. So there is one fix successful! Yea!

Edit: I also have the non-Nav Basic Sync.

Last edited by shaneyusa; 10/22/16 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10/22/16, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by msqr

Did not have that issue, but mine was a little weird and did not follow the script (install instructions). When I selected the USB port the instructions said it would display something to have me confirm the launch of the install. Saw nothing. I had to go to the menu and find the install option, don't remember where. Once I found it and started it manually, it took a bit to confirm it was installing the file. Once confirmed with voice and display the radio display stayed blank until I go the installation complete.
Old 10/22/16, 10:24 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, just heck. They tell me that I've got a SYNC update available. Am I mentally prepared for this? Had to put my dog to sleep this week and this can't be worse than that, can it? Not sure I'm emotionally ready for a SYNC update right now. Maybe after the election.
Old 10/29/16, 05:12 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I could not successfully download 4.4. Cara put in a service request but I was never contacted. Now the website shows 4.6 is available for my 2014 Mustang (standard Sync). Can I just retry with this newer version? Should I do the reset that is being discussed?
Old 10/29/16, 05:33 PM
GT Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
How are you getting the update

Originally Posted by tucsondivots
I could not successfully download 4.4. Cara put in a service request but I was never contacted. Now the website shows 4.6 is available for my 2014 Mustang (standard Sync). Can I just retry with this newer version? Should I do the reset that is being discussed?
how are y'all finding the update??? I need to do mine
Old 10/29/16, 05:41 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by junkman9096
Well, just heck. They tell me that I've got a SYNC update available. Am I mentally prepared for this? Had to put my dog to sleep this week and this can't be worse than that, can it? Not sure I'm emotionally ready for a SYNC update right now. Maybe after the election.
Sorry about your dog. Never easy saying goodbye.
Old 10/30/16, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by renee29581
how are y'all finding the update??? I need to do mine
Need to go to the Ford owner site and sign-in.
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html
Old 10/31/16, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by tucsondivots
Hey tucsondivots,

My apologies that a team member hasn't reached out to you regarding the V4.4 update. If you have the V4.6 update available, please install that software since it will replace the V4.4. Let me know if you run into any issues!

Cara
Old 10/31/16, 11:36 AM
GT Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey tucsondivots,

My apologies that a team member hasn't reached out to you regarding the V4.4 update. If you have the V4.6 update available, please install that software since it will replace the V4.4. Let me know if you run into any issues!

Cara
how do we find the update???
Old 10/31/16, 11:41 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Originally Posted by shaneyusa

See above.
Old 10/31/16, 01:01 PM

renee29581,

SpectreH provided you with the software link

Cara
Old 11/5/16, 11:18 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
I just completed the 4.6 update. I have a 2011 GT Premium with Nav. Pretty painless. I think why some folks may have trouble is that Ford recommends to the vehicle health check report first...

Quick Reply: Sync 4.4 Update.