Sponsored By:

Sync 4.4 Update.

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/15, 08:43 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
HizliBullet,

Which map version do you currently have in the vehicle?

Whitney
I bought 7.0x from them, nothing newer for 15 months
Old 10/27/15, 08:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by msqr
+1! I paid $199 + taxes + shipping for the 6.0X 2013 map update. A year later, the 7.0X 2014 map update (which is still the latest version) was released for $149, and it's not like you need all the previous versions to upgrade. 2014 is still the latest version, so the 2014 folks got it for $50 less *and* it's still the latest...
thats exactly right, price dropped and so ford removed discount coupons towards nav discs ever since.
Old 10/28/15, 08:27 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HizliBullet
I bought 7.0x from them, nothing newer for 15 months
HizliBullet,

Thanks for providing your map version. You're correct that is the current version available. We don't control how often the maps come out; however, updates are usually released yearly. There should be another one available this spring. Stay tuned: http://allthingsnav.navigation.com/

Whitney
Old 10/30/15, 02:12 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Whitney, let me point you to my experience. I originally posted it on this forum but it got moved to "10-14 Interior and Audio" and thus got submerged.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ttempt-538371/

Its easy for me to say but it would behoove Ford to offer an update to address the large amount of complaints and/or lean on the dealers to recognize/address these issues and not to go "D*mn if I know". "D*mn if I know" doesn't help a bit. Modern car problems go beyond "no gas, no spark, no air".

Last edited by junkman9096; 10/30/15 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10/31/15, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by junkman9096
Whitney, let me point you to my experience. I originally posted it on this forum but it got moved to "10-14 Interior and Audio" and thus got submerged.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ttempt-538371/

Its easy for me to say but it would behoove Ford to offer an update to address the large amount of complaints and/or lean on the dealers to recognize/address these issues and not to go "D*mn if I know". "D*mn if I know" doesn't help a bit. Modern car problems go beyond "no gas, no spark, no air".
Hi junkman9096,

I read through your thread about updating SYNC and I understand how frustrating it must have been to have issues with the installation process. In the future please don't hesitate to reach out. I'm here to help.

In regards to the SYNC updates, we are constantly working to improve SYNC functionality and will continue to offer our support. Are you currently having an issue with SYNC? I'm happy to help with finding a resolution.

Whitney
Old 10/31/15, 11:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Hi junkman9096,

I read through your thread about updating SYNC and I understand how frustrating it must have been to have issues with the installation process. In the future please don't hesitate to reach out. I'm here to help.

In regards to the SYNC updates, we are constantly working to improve SYNC functionality and will continue to offer our support. Are you currently having an issue with SYNC? I'm happy to help with finding a resolution.

Whitney
I ended up giving up on sync improving. I believe I read somewhere in this thread that a new update is coming. Is there any timeline on this? It would help restore down hope.
Old 10/31/15, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. V
I ended up giving up on sync improving. I believe I read somewhere in this thread that a new update is coming. Is there any timeline on this? It would help restore down hope.
Hi Mr. V,

You're correct there is another SYNC update due to be released. We have not received the exact date the for release; however, we have been told to expect it in the very near future.

Are you still having issues with the text messaging feature? Also, were you able to test another device?

Whitney
Old 10/31/15, 12:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Hi Mr. V,

You're correct there is another SYNC update due to be released. We have not received the exact date the for release; however, we have been told to expect it in the very near future.

Are you still having issues with the text messaging feature? Also, were you able to test another device?

Whitney
Yes. It's the text feature. I used 2 other phones and they did not work either.
Old 10/31/15, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. V
Yes. It's the text feature. I used 2 other phones and they did not work either.
Mr. V,

Were you able to schedule an appointment with your dealership?
If not, I recommend contacting them to schedule service.

The alternative to that would be waiting for the next SYNC update.

Whitney
Old 10/31/15, 01:48 PM
Cobra Member

Mr. V,

Were you able to schedule an appointment with your dealership?
If not, I recommend contacting them to schedule service.

The alternative to that would be waiting for the next SYNC update.

Whitney
when is it coming out?? thanks
Old 10/31/15, 03:22 PM

when is it coming out?? thanks
You're welcome, HizliBullet. We haven't received the release date. I'll keep you posted.

Whitney

Last edited by FordIVTteam; 11/3/15 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11/3/15, 04:34 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Are you currently having an issue with SYNC? I'm happy to help with finding a resolution.

Whitney
Hey, Whitney. Since I did the updating I've had no problems with functionality. I don't know if it was part of the update but I have found that voice recognition appears to be slightly improved. Or is it the teeth-grinding growl I've had to employ while talking has intimidated the system into obedience? I'm not looking forward to the next update but so far-so good.
Old 11/3/15, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by junkman9096
Hey, Whitney. Since I did the updating I've had no problems with functionality. I don't know if it was part of the update but I have found that voice recognition appears to be slightly improved. Or is it the teeth-grinding growl I've had to employ while talking has intimidated the system into obedience? I'm not looking forward to the next update but so far-so good.
Hey junkman9096,

I think you're right. She just needs to know you mean business! LOL. Hopefully things continue running smoothly for you.

If you need assistance with the next update, I'm just a post away.

Whitney
Old 11/6/15, 11:38 AM
Cobra Member

nav update is down, perhaps a new version updated page coming out?? or did they remove it altogether
Old 11/6/15, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really hope that if they issue a new update it will more stable than 4.4
Old 11/6/15, 12:29 PM

nav update is down, perhaps a new version updated page coming out?? or did they remove it altogether
Hi HizliBullet,

What are you referring to? I'd like to help.

Whitney
Old 11/6/15, 03:34 PM
Cobra Member

Hi HizliBullet,

What are you referring to? I'd like to help.

Whitney
Nav update discs website at navigation.com used to show version 7.0x for a good 15 months then today it's vanished altogether
Old 11/6/15, 04:52 PM

Nav update discs website at navigation.com used to show version 7.0x for a good 15 months then today it's vanished altogether
Hey HizliBullet,

It looks like the map updates are unavailable for all vehicles. If you're trying to purchase a disc, contact HERE maps for assistance at 1-888-NAV-MAPS.

Shaay
Old 11/17/15, 10:09 PM
LL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Azrael
If you have SYNC (without navigation), here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1) Press AUX until you select SYNC Line In. Press OK.
2) Press Menu. SYNC Media may display. If it does, press OK.
3) Media Menu displays, and then Play Menu appears.
4) Press Seek until System Settings is highlighted. Press OK.
5) Press Seek until Advanced is highlighted. Press OK.
6) Prompts display. Press Seek until Install Applications is highlighted. Press OK

If you have SYNC with voice-activated navigation, check out these instructions instead:

1) Start the vehicle’s engine and insert the USB drive, ignore any messages about media playback.
2) Press the Phone button
3) Press Settings, you may have to do this twice depending on if a phone is connected or not.
4) Press Advanced
5) Press the down arrow twice and press Install
6) Listen to the in-vehicle prompts regarding the status of the installation

We're almost to the finish line!

At this point, SYNC should automatically detect the files on the USB drive and display INSTALL APPLICATION. Press OK to confirm. Keep the vehicle running while this is being installed. SYNC will say INSTALLATION COMPLETE right off the bat, but you can ignore this message. It should take about 10 minutes before another INSTALLATION COMPLETE message comes up and the system may reboot. Refrain from touching any buttons until the process is completed. When SYNC displays INSTALLATION COMPLETE (after rebooting), press the MENU button to exit installation mode. Remove the USB and report your update at: Owner.Ford.com
The http://owner.ford.com pages for my 2011 Ford Mustang only showed the instructions for without voice-activated navigation as described above. The instructions did not work. I wasted about 2 hours trying different USB sticks and going through the same procedure several times. My Mustang doesn't have GPS navigation, but it does have voice-activated navigation of Sync controls.

Then I found the 1st post in this thread and followed the instructions for voice-activated navigation, and within 7-8 minutes, my Sync software was successfully upgraded from Gen1 - V3.1 to SYNC v4.4. Thank you, Azrael!
Old 3/23/16, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mr. V,

Whitney
Still no E.T.A. on an update? I still have issues with mobile apps. Master reset, pulling SYNC fuse, different phones, nothing seems to work. Just wondering?

Quick Reply: Sync 4.4 Update.