Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sync 4.4 Update.

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/15, 12:15 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dineau
Tried that but they say I have the latest version and they don't want to reflash..
Dean,

I suggest reaching out to the Service Manager for assistance from their Technical Support Team; if they haven't already, they can submit a ticket on your behalf.

If you continue to have issues with the dealership assisting you, please let me know. You can also try another dealership; They can be located here: http://owner.ford.com/dealer-locator.html#/

Keep me posted.

Whitney
Old 8/28/15, 07:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Sync 4.4 Update.

My car doesn't read texts anymore after I uploaded this update. Anyone know of a fix for this?
Old 8/29/15, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. V
My car doesn't read texts anymore after I uploaded this update. Anyone know of a fix for this?
Hey Mr. V,

I can help! What type of phone do you have?

Whitney
Old 8/29/15, 08:51 AM
Cobra R Member

Sync 4.4 Update.

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey Mr. V,

I can help! What type of phone do you have?

Whitney
I have an iPhone 6plus.
Old 8/29/15, 11:20 AM

I have an iPhone 6plus.

Mr. V,

On your iPhone go to SETTINGS, select BLUETOOTH, to the right of SYNC select the BLUE ICON, and turn on SHOW NOTIFICATIONS. This should resolve the issue for you.

SYNC will recognize the change the next time it is connected to your iPhone.

If you have any additional questions, I'm just a post away.

Whitney
Old 8/29/15, 11:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Sync 4.4 Update.

Mr. V,

On your iPhone go to SETTINGS, select BLUETOOTH, to the right of SYNC select the BLUE ICON, and turn on SHOW NOTIFICATIONS. This should resolve the issue for you.

SYNC will recognize the change the next time it is connected to your iPhone.

If you have any additional questions, I'm just a post away.

Whitney
Bad news. I already have it set up like this.
Old 8/29/15, 12:57 PM

Bad news. I already have it set up like this.

Mr. V,

Have you tried a master reset and a clean pairing? Try these steps for the reset: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...ter-reset.html

You can also find the pairing instructions here: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...ford-sync.html

Keep me posted.

Whitney
Old 8/29/15, 03:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Sync 4.4 Update.

Mr. V,

Have you tried a master reset and a clean pairing? Try these steps for the reset: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...ter-reset.html

You can also find the pairing instructions here: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...ford-sync.html

Keep me posted.

Whitney
I tried this and no luck.
Old 8/29/15, 04:27 PM

I tried this and no luck.

Mr. V,

Have you tried testing the feature with another device? I recommend starting there; if the feature works with another device, you may want to speak with your carrier for suggestions and trouble shooting tips.

If the feature does not work with any other device, reach out to your dealer to coordinate an appointment.

Let me know how it goes.

Whitney
Old 9/29/15, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently purchased a 2014 Base Mustang V6 for my daughter. I then purchased and installed the 9R3Z-14D212-0A Sync add-on kit from Ford. Everything works great with the exception of the HMI (pushbutton thingy with the push to talk button). I have read where I must get the car reprogrammed to accept the new Sync install for the HMI to work. However my "stealer" wants an additional $140 just to do this. Does anybody know of any cheaper alternative in the Los Angeles area that I could use to get this done?

Thanks,

Brian
Old 9/29/15, 02:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
when i did mine I never used that stupid HMI, I hooked it up to my factory switches on my wheel however, I'm going to assume you don't have the switch that has:

Voice command|Music Source
----------------------------------
Hangup/Pickup | OK

So the 2014 base v6 should have a steering wheel that will readily accept the switch you just have to buy it for $30 (link: http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/musta...=cruise-switch) and wire it all in all It might be less of a PITA to just bring it to ford, but if you can find any members on this forum in LA that has a Ford IDS Tool (Which I'm sure there is one around.) They can Probably do it for you!
Old 10/20/15, 07:27 PM
GT Member

My '14 GT SYNC with NAV stopped pairing with my iPhone 6 and iPhone 5.

I updated my 2014 Mustang GT's SYNC with Nav to 4.4 this summer. Worked great, no issues.

Then, for no reason, it stopped pairing with my iPhone 6 and my wife's iPhone 5 last Sunday the 18th.

I tried deleting the phones and pairing...
I tried reverse pairing...
I tried reset to factory defaults...
I tried master reset...
I did warm and cold reboots of my iPhone....

NOTHING WORKED!!

Then I stumbled across this article. Pull the **** fuse

WOOHOO!! Success!!

I apologize if this was posted before, but after a long search I couldn't find it. If you're at you're wits end like me. Try this.

Last edited by ustabawannab; 3/3/16 at 03:31 AM.
Old 10/22/15, 03:06 PM

Just got my 2014 GT updated with the latest version. It still is random on startup whether it returns to the USB which was playing when car was turned off, or goes to 'Line In' instead. 80% of the time it goes to 'Line In'. *shrug* Not a huge issue, but thought the update was supposed to address this behavior.
Old 10/23/15, 04:21 PM

Anyone who has navigation DO NOT upgrade to 4.4

Ford pulled it since it's buggy as hell

here is the response from another forum
'Hey everyone!

Do all of you have SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation (A.K.A. the touchscreen)? If so, please continue checking your Owner accounts over the next few weeks for an update. We did temporarily remove version 4.4 so we can tweak a couple things. Please do not head to your dealer for version 4.5; they won't be able to install it. Currently, it's only being installed on vehicles at the factory.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca '

'Hey everyone,

Just a quick update: I was advised that it's been pulled for everyone. We are working to correct the issues you're all describing; please sit tight a little longer.

Rebecca'
Old 10/24/15, 08:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That makes sense now, mine isn't working perfectly even after 2 tries... I'm going to ask ford if I can buy the Sync3 module and swap it
Old 10/25/15, 06:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HizliBullet
That makes sense now, mine isn't working perfectly even after 2 tries... I'm going to ask ford if I can buy the Sync3 module and swap it
Someone has posted a quirk with Sync3 that sounds quite a bit like the old system to me...
Old 10/27/15, 09:20 AM

Hey HizliBullet,

Due to the differences in hardware and software we are not planning to make SYNC 3 available as an aftermarket unit. What issue are you having. I can help.

Originally Posted by wannabe
Someone has posted a quirk with Sync3 that sounds quite a bit like the old system to me...
wannabe,

What issue are you referring to? I'd like to look in to this further.

Whitney
Old 10/27/15, 12:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey HizliBullet, Due to the differences in hardware and software we are not planning to make SYNC 3 available as an aftermarket unit. What issue are you having. I can help. wannabe, What issue are you referring to? I'd like to look in to this further. Whitney
I like the fast touch response and free wifi update capability, i have 2012 with nav, new map update hasnt come out for 15 months.. I keep checking with here maps through navigation.com
Old 10/27/15, 05:11 PM

I like the fast touch response and free wifi update capability, i have 2012 with nav, new map update hasnt come out for 15 months.. I keep checking with here maps through navigation.com
HizliBullet,

Which map version do you currently have in the vehicle?

Whitney
Old 10/27/15, 05:49 PM
GT Member

+1! I paid $199 + taxes + shipping for the 6.0X 2013 map update. A year later, the 7.0X 2014 map update (which is still the latest version) was released for $149, and it's not like you need all the previous versions to upgrade. 2014 is still the latest version, so the 2014 folks got it for $50 less *and* it's still the latest...

Quick Reply: Sync 4.4 Update.