Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Stopping Insurance in Storage

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/17, 10:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
In my state, you can self insure if you can prove to the state you have assets large enough to cover the state's minimum required insurance levels. I just figured you were rich enough to pull this off.
Which state is that?
Old 2/21/17, 01:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by SplitSecond
Which state is that?
Arizona
Old 3/3/17, 10:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE=
Check your status on the DMV website, here is a link to check if there is any "issues" that might be on your record.

https://dmvcivls-wselfservice.ct.gov...nce/Individual

Here is a page stating all the info on insurance for CT residents:

http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=1523&q=245056

from that link:

"What if I am not using my seasonal vehicle and wish to retain my license plates?

Request in writing through your insurance carrier "suspension of liability." Be sure to keep comprehensive coverage during that time which reduces your insurance rate and keeps your vehicle from being reported. While doing this, you must NOT operate your vehicle."

Basically, at least with me the moment you change your policy and remove liability you are reported by their systems as "uninsured" and you got to get your insurance company to send in either mail/email/fax the "proof of insurance" to clear you. check your status, you dont want to get a registration suspension letter and then hurry trying to get it resolved.
You were right on with this. Thanks again!

Since last checking in, I got a threatening note from the DMV. I had to call my insurance co and have them send the letter as described above. You'd think the insurance company would have your back on this one but I guess you have to ask.