2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Steering wheel buttons acting strange.

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/14, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This just started happening the other day. I get in and start up, I adjust the track or station or volume with my steering wheel buttons and all is fine. Got on the interstate and turned on cruise control and set it. I then go to change radio stations and the next button is functioning as the previous button. As does the volume increase button.

So effectively I have 3 prev buttons when this happens. It won't rectify itself until I shut the car off and open the door to power down the radio and then turn everything back on again. And as soon as I activate cruise control it happens all over again.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this? Just started happening about 4 days ago. I'm going to try disconnecting the battery overnight tonight and seeing if it continues to happen tomorrow. Not sure what else to do to fix this other than not activating cruise control ever which isn't right.

Last edited by flynavy; 8/28/14 at 02:18 PM.
Old 8/29/14, 04:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flynavy
This just started happening the other day. I get in and start up, I adjust the track or station or volume with my steering wheel buttons and all is fine. Got on the interstate and turned on cruise control and set it. I then go to change radio stations and the next button is functioning as the previous button. As does the volume increase button.

So effectively I have 3 prev buttons when this happens. It won't rectify itself until I shut the car off and open the door to power down the radio and then turn everything back on again. And as soon as I activate cruise control it happens all over again.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this? Just started happening about 4 days ago. I'm going to try disconnecting the battery overnight tonight and seeing if it continues to happen tomorrow. Not sure what else to do to fix this other than not activating cruise control ever which isn't right.
This hasn't happened to me and I've never heard of this issue before. I use cruise control daily...
Old 8/29/14, 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah. I've noticed some quirkiness with the SYNC system in the mustang. My Focus never had some of these issues. I really wish whatever station I leave it on when I turn the car off, would be on when I turn it back on.

Sigh. I get tired of having to go back to USB every time I turn the car on. Annoying.
Old 8/29/14, 08:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
That hasn't happened to me, but the other night my fricken driver's side door opened by itself! While driving!!

I thought only Tesla's did that...
Old 8/29/14, 10:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Haha thanks for all your input everyone. I disconnected the battery and did some stuff around the house and then came back and reconnected it an hour or so later and it kept happening. Went into the sync menu and did a master reset and that seems to have fixed it.