Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Speed sensitive volume not working

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/14, 03:30 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Critical Mass
Many times. It also doesn't recognize all these mobile apps that are supposed to work with sync. The only two it recognizes are Pandora and Glympse. Yet it's supposed to recognize NPR news, TuneIn radio, and a bunch of others.

The system is definitely buggy, and it SHOULD remember what mode it was in when you turn the vehicle off. It did in my 5 year older-focus.
I'm glad to hear that your software is up to date! Which type of phone are you connecting? I'll provide some troubleshooting .

Kim
Old 10/27/14, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
I'm glad to hear that your software is up to date! Which type of phone are you connecting? I'll provide some troubleshooting .

Kim
HTC One M8. I check the software all the time, I also run a lot of vehicle health reports. I'm OCD. lol.

Oddly enough. my speed sensitive volume is working fine. I noticed it the other day. go figure.
Old 10/27/14, 06:25 PM

HTC One M8. I check the software all the time, I also run a lot of vehicle health reports. I'm OCD. lol.

Oddly enough. my speed sensitive volume is working fine. I noticed it the other day. go figure.
I don't recommend any troubleshooting at this time. It sounds like your radio is functioning as intended. AppLink supports the Apple version of the TuneIn app and NPR News app. Check here to see which apps are currently available for each platform: http://support.ford.com/tools/applin...3-0022197af4af

If you have any recommendations for specific Android Apps to be integrated with AppLink, I encourage you to post your ideas here: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/

Kim

Last edited by FordIVTteam; 10/29/14 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10/28/14, 05:59 AM

Eureka!! My car radio is fixed, well kind of, just picked up my car and the SVC now seems to work. But only in settings 6 and above, It even states that on the service report. And all it took was 4 weeks, 5 trips to the dealer, 3 module replacements and numerous scratches to the dashboard of my brand new $45K car!!! Well the good news for Mustang owners is, it can be fixed, the bad news is at what cost? I’m just happy that’s over with and I can move on and start to enjoy the car. Unfortunately rag top season is pretty much over here in the northeast, and it’s almost time to put Sally into hibernation for the long cold winter.
Old 10/28/14, 08:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
I don't recommend any troubleshooting at this time. It sound like your radio is functioning as intended. AppLink supports the Apple version of the TuneIn app and NPR News app. Check here to see which apps are currently available for each platform: http://support.ford.com/tools/applin...3-0022197af4af

If you have any recommendations for specific Android Apps to be integrated with AppLink, I encourage you to post your ideas here: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/

Kim
You have no idea how long I have been looking for a list of apps like that. Thank you so much. The sad part is I had several of those apps on my phone and switched to the others. lol.
Old 10/28/14, 02:44 PM

You have no idea how long I have been looking for a list of apps like that. Thank you so much. The sad part is I had several of those apps on my phone and switched to the others. lol.
You're welcome! This is just one of the many hidden gems over at: www.Support.Ford.com

Kim
Old 10/29/14, 02:24 PM
GT Member

Critical Mass......I have found that the sync is blah.....I get tired of talking to it and it not listen like a teenager. I end up cussing at it since it take such a simple word for input and then wants to ask is this correct or not. If I could have gotten my Mustang without Sync I would have now that I have had it. The software is clunky at best.....not remembering what it was doing before is again a teenager issue. I listen to slacker but only after doing a bluetooth audio connection as the app is non-existent in selection. I have checked my software and according to online it is always up to date.....hmmmmm another teenager comment. I have gotten to the point of replacing the whole stereo with something else to elminate the sync issue.
Old 10/29/14, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bentnail
Critical Mass......I have found that the sync is blah.....I get tired of talking to it and it not listen like a teenager. I end up cussing at it since it take such a simple word for input and then wants to ask is this correct or not. If I could have gotten my Mustang without Sync I would have now that I have had it. The software is clunky at best.....not remembering what it was doing before is again a teenager issue. I listen to slacker but only after doing a bluetooth audio connection as the app is non-existent in selection. I have checked my software and according to online it is always up to date.....hmmmmm another teenager comment. I have gotten to the point of replacing the whole stereo with something else to elminate the sync issue.
Hi Bentnail,

Did you know that SYNC allows the driver to adjust the voice settings and turn those confirmation prompts off?

Press the VOICE COMMAND button on the steering wheel and say VOICE SETTINGS then say CONFIRMATION PROMPTS OFF. While in the voice settings menu, you can also say INTERACTION MODE ADVANCED to hear less audible interaction and more tone prompts from SYNC.

Check out page 329 of your Owner's Manual for more information: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...US_02_2014.pdf

Kim