2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Speed sensitive volume not working

Search this Thread

Old 9/27/14, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed sensitive volume not working

I have a 2014 GT/CS convertible. the Speed sensitive volume control does not seem to be working. I believe I have set everything correctly, as I have had a 07 Mustang and it is set the same way. I brought is to the dealer and the mechanic agrees it is not working, so I have an appointment to have it checked out. I was hoping it was something simple like a reset or software update and wondering if anyone else had this issue. With the convertible it really is a great feature and I would hate to lose it.
Thanks
Old 9/28/14, 01:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
Doesn't work very good on any of the three vehicles I own my friend. I don't think you have a problem, just a normal working radio. But, if they find a solution I would be all ears. Good luck
Old 9/28/14, 02:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The only time I ever noticed that doing anything was when rolling up to a stop and noticing it go down. I always thought that was what it was designed to do (as opposed to increasing with speed)... so I was happy. Worked the same in every Ford I had that had that feature (several).
Old 9/28/14, 05:46 PM

I had the feature on my '07 and it worked great, especially when the top was down. I always knew when I was going too fast when the radio got too loud. LOL. The tech at Ford agreed it was not working, there was no difference whether the feature was set to off or the highest setting. I drop off the car tomorrow at the dealer to get checked out. We will see what they say. For what I paid for the car, everything should work.
Old 9/29/14, 12:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
Let us know what they do to it Joseph.
Old 9/29/14, 02:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
when i used own mazda 6 the difference was so huge that i was so annoyed when in stop i can barely hear it and at speed they were loud in any setting i put. but in my two stang i have owned.. glad the difference is mild.. so u dont have to change it every time.
Old 9/30/14, 12:39 PM

Just picked up the car and I was told the problem was a bad module. They need to order the part and I will have to bring the car back. Will post the final details when (and if) the problem is fixed. Just to clarify, this feature didnt work at all, there was absolutly no change whatsoever in the volume of the radio at different speeds. Its not that it didnt work very good, it didnt work at all.
Old 10/1/14, 03:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
mine isnt working either, tried on another gt with nav, still no luck
Old 10/2/14, 08:13 AM
GT Member

My Mazdaspeed3 had three volume compensation settings, and the highest setting worked really well. This car has seven and none of them do jack crap.
Old 10/16/14, 05:19 AM

Update: I was going to wait to update this post until the problem was solved, but I'm starting to wonder if it ever will be. I went to pick up my car last week after the dealer replaced a module that was supposed to fix the problem with the speed volume compensation feature of my radio. After being handed the keys and told the problem was fixed, I got into my car and turned on the radio to test it. Immediately I heard loud popping sound thru the speakers. Anything creating a current draw would cause the speakers to pop, turning on the lights, operating the power windows, stepping on the brake (brake light) etc. It was obvious that after the module was replaced , no one had even bothered to turn the radio on, let alone test it. I pointed this out to the service tech , who apologized and said if I leave the car they would look into the problem the next day. So the next day I get a call for the service department and was told the new module was defective and that they have to replace it again. It was going to take several days for the part to come and since I wanted the car for the weekend, I picked up the car. Tuesday, I bring the car back to the dealer to have the new-new module installed. So Yesterday I get a call from the service department and was told the SVC still does not work even after replacing the module again. They claimed they were on the phone with Ford for hours trying to resolve the problem and that Ford suggested replacing the module once again, for the third time. So now they still have the car and I have to wait once again for the new module to come in. This is ridiculous. I'm starting to think it's never going to work as some have mentioned. I'm ready to give up. I guess it's too much to ask when paying 45k for a new car that everything works. Is there anyone with a 2014 GT with the Shaker Radio with this feature where it actually works?
Old 10/16/14, 07:30 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by HizliBullet
mine isnt working either, tried on another gt with nav, still no luck
You should address this with your dealer, HizliBullet. Don’t hesitate to contact FordServiceCA for further assistance.

Originally Posted by K.A.I.N
My Mazdaspeed3 had three volume compensation settings, and the highest setting worked really well. This car has seven and none of them do jack crap.
Originally Posted by jccroz123
Update: I was going to wait to update this post until the problem was solved, but I'm starting to wonder if it ever will be. I went to pick up my car last week after the dealer replaced a module that was supposed to fix the problem with the speed volume compensation feature of my radio. After being handed the keys and told the problem was fixed, I got into my car and turned on the radio to test it. Immediately I heard loud popping sound thru the speakers. ...
You should bring yours in as well, K.A.I.N.! Also, I’d like to escalate this for both of you guys. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 10/16/14, 10:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have no idea if mine works or not either. I have it set to 7 and well... if it's not loud enough due to surrounding conditions while driving, I just turn it up. My wifes Santa Fe also has this feature and i have no idea if it works in it either. it must be.... it must be me...
Old 10/16/14, 04:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
guys I tried it on level 7 in my car and also in a new 2014 GT on a ford lot, same results.. maybe we havent figured out how to use it
Old 10/17/14, 11:32 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordService
You should address this with your dealer, HizliBullet. Don’t hesitate to contact FordServiceCA for further assistance.

You should bring yours in as well, K.A.I.N.! Also, I’d like to escalate this for both of you guys. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
While I appreciate the offer, too trivial to do the dealership two-step. I mostly listen to the exhaust anyway.
Old 10/20/14, 05:19 AM

Dealers must love you KAIN. I do understand your point and I realize in the grand scheme of things it’s not a major issue, but I refuse to accept mediocrity just because I don’t want to be bothered bringing it back to the dealer. This is why manufacturing will continue to be outsourced to places like China, quality is not a top priority with consumers anymore. “good enough” is good enough for most people, not for me. I had this feature on my 07 V6 and worked great when driving with the top down(which is 90% of the time) and listening to the radio. Now that I upgraded to a GT at almost twice the price I have to constantly fiddle with the radio volume? Not gonna do it!!

Deysha: I’m giving the dealer one more shot at fixing this problem, then I will ask you to escalate it, thanks. Should know something this week.
Old 10/20/14, 07:02 AM
GT Member

Dealers must love you KAIN. I do understand your point and I realize in the grand scheme of things it’s not a major issue, but I refuse to accept mediocrity just because I don’t want to be bothered bringing it back to the dealer.
My point was it's too trivial an issue for me to bring it in just for that. I've waited for bigger fish that need frying and had them handle the small ones while they're at it. Since this is my daily and the only Ford dealership I trust in my area is in the other direction from work, it's a bigger deal to fix just this issue than it's worth.

That said, if this was a Prius and the choice was hearing the stereo or the battery hum, I'm taking it right in.
Old 10/20/14, 09:58 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by K.A.I.N
While I appreciate the offer, too trivial to do the dealership two-step. I mostly listen to the exhaust anyway.
No problem, K.A.I.N.. I’m here if you need me.

Deysha: I’m giving the dealer one more shot at fixing this problem, then I will ask you to escalate it, thanks. Should know something this week.
Ok, thanks. Keep me posted, jccorz123.

Deysha
Old 10/20/14, 10:30 AM
Bullitt Member

I think this is a Sync issue. The Sync in my '14 is a lot buggier than the Sync was in my 09 Focus. It still bugs the crap out of me that when I start the car it doesn't resume from USB and instead switches back to the radio station. Stuff like Sync Services work fine. But something as simple as being interrupted when trying to switch back to USB because my phone has connected just completely throws the system out of whack. My Focus didn't need to tell me the phone was connected. It just... connected and was there.

Sync. Please say a Command.... "USB"

"Phone Connected..."

"Phone Please say a command"..... "USB"

That feature is currently not available, building speech commands... ???

Please say a command.... "USB"....

USB, Please say a command.... "Play Playlist Driver"...

"Say 1 for Play Metallica"
"Say 2 for play blah blah"

It's almost like starting the car rattles sync to the point where it starts over to default settings. I can put it in accessory mode and it will work fine, then turn it over, and I'm back to the radio station and have to go through all the nonsense.

Last edited by Critical Mass; 10/20/14 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10/21/14, 11:41 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Critical Mass
I think this is a Sync issue. The Sync in my '14 is a lot buggier than the Sync was in my 09 Focus. It still bugs the crap out of me that when I start the car it doesn't resume from USB and instead switches back to the radio station. Stuff like Sync Services work fine. But something as simple as being interrupted when trying to switch back to USB because my phone has connected just completely throws the system out of whack. My Focus didn't need to tell me the phone was connected. It just... connected and was there. ...

It's almost like starting the car rattles sync to the point where it starts over to default settings. I can put it in accessory mode and it will work fine, then turn it over, and I'm back to the radio station and have to go through all the nonsense.
Hello Critical Mass,

There are no settings within your SYNC system to allow a default source to be selected, so it sounds like the vehicle is functioning properly in that aspect.

Have you recently checked your account at: www.Support.Ford.com to see if any software updates are available?

Kim
Old 10/23/14, 09:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hello Critical Mass,

There are no settings within your SYNC system to allow a default source to be selected, so it sounds like the vehicle is functioning properly in that aspect.

Have you recently checked your account at: www.Support.Ford.com to see if any software updates are available?

Kim
Many times. It also doesn't recognize all these mobile apps that are supposed to work with sync. The only two it recognizes are Pandora and Glympse. Yet it's supposed to recognize NPR news, TuneIn radio, and a bunch of others.

The system is definitely buggy, and it SHOULD remember what mode it was in when you turn the vehicle off. It did in my 5 year older-focus.

Quick Reply: Speed sensitive volume not working