Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Spare Tire Option for 2011 V6 ??

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/11, 10:10 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NightSteel
The Service Part Number # for the Mustang Spare Tire Kit is: CR3Z-1K007-A. Dealers will be able to order it beginning October 1st.

The kit contains the following parts:

1) Spare Tire Assembly
2) 17080 Jack Assembly
3) V17005 Wrench Bag
4) 17A083 Flat Tire Change Instructions
5) W711555 Bolt and Washer
6) 5447240 Retainer

(FYI: if you were to visit www.fordparts.com and enter the part number it will give you a retail price of $720+; please be assured that the price listed is incorrect and will reflect $195.00 as of 10/01/2011)

It would seem there is light at the end of the tunnel!
Ok, it's $195.71 now... I'm going to order one.
Old 10/8/11, 10:51 PM

Thanks for the info. I just purchased my mustang 4 days ago and have been looking all over for a spare. I will be heading to my local ford dealer on Monday to buy the kit and share the info. Did Ford tell you what size tire comes with the kit"
Old 10/9/11, 04:33 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,861 Posts
Originally Posted by magicman
Thanks for the info. I just purchased my mustang 4 days ago and have been looking all over for a spare. I will be heading to my local ford dealer on Monday to buy the kit and share the info. Did Ford tell you what size tire comes with the kit"
It comes with the 17" Steel Wheel. These are currently on Backorder with 50 In-Transit to Parts Depots. Btw the Price is a bargain. Get em before FORD raises the PRICE. Now I am unsure weather the Tire itself is included. FORD was supposed to send a FAX with All the Facts today but it is a no show as of This evening.

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 10/10/11 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10/9/11, 04:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
It comes with the t185/60/r17 Tire and Steel Wheel.
too bad.. i wonder how much the 18 aluminum spare & tire is?
Old 10/9/11, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by cinque35
too bad.. i wonder how much the 18 aluminum spare & tire is?
The 18" BARE Aluminum Temp Wheel Lists for $439.73. I am currently Researching if a Kit will be available and Tire availability for a Member. Pic Below

KC
Attached Thumbnails Spare Tire Option for 2011 V6 ??-2012-spare.jpg  
Old 10/9/11, 09:27 PM
MD1
GT Member

What annoys me is that I would have gladly paid $200 more for my car if this kit had come with it.
Old 10/10/11, 09:24 AM

Anyone have a picture of the kit yet? I have a spare, but I need all of rest of the stuff. I was wondering if this kit had a nice container that sits in the wheel well, or some other container that keeps it from just rolling around in the trunk.

d
Old 10/10/11, 03:46 PM

My dealer says the kits come with the rim (17") and not the tire. I talked to a parts man at another dealer and he says that for $720 you also get the tire.
Old 10/10/11, 05:00 PM

My dealer says the kits come with the rim (17") and not the tire. I talked to a parts man at another dealer and he says that for $720 you also get the tire.
Hang Tight I sent a Info Request to FORD PArts assistance and supposedly more info is to follow via a Bulletin I was supposed to get today.

KC
Old 10/11/11, 02:28 PM

Long time lurker, first time poster. I ordered the kit on 10/01/11 from fordparts.com. I received it yesterday, 10/10/11 and can confirm that the kit includes the wheel, tire, jack, the lug wrench, and tire changing instructions. I did not take pictures. I took a chance for $195.71 + tax + shipping and was not dissapointed. I have a picture of the label from the box but I don't know how to attach it to my post.

Last edited by JFernan488; 10/11/11 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10/11/11, 08:44 PM

My kit arrived yesterday as well, I 'installed' it today myself (comes with instructions for putting it all in as well as instructions for changing the tire, the latter of which you can see the corner of to the right of the tire in the below photo).

The only issue I noted is, you're supposed to slide the fuel 'funnel' onto a tab in the wrench bag's attachment to the bolt (you can see the white funnel properly stored in 05stangkc's photo above), but that leaves it right on top of the ridge in the new wheel. I didn't want to put it there for fear of the thing being crushed if I put something heavy in my trunk. I keep a box with other car stuff in my trunk, so I found a place to tuck it there, instead, along with the compressor from the mobility kit.

Pic of installed tire/wrench (the jack is secured underneath the wheel):

It's real, and it's a steal for $200, especially given that the tire, while it isn't the same size as the 'real' tires, isn't actually a doughnut. It's got a flat tread like a real tire, it's just small.

Just remember, as was said earlier in this thread, if you get a rear flat, take a good tire from the front to the rear and put the spare on the front. The difference in diameter from a stock tire to the spare can damage your differential.

Last edited by NightSteel; 10/11/11 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10/12/11, 04:06 PM

I am glad sombody finally got one of these and yes they are a Bargain. FORD Parts Assistance Center Sent me on a wild goose chase and gave conflicting answers. ONE Analyst SAID NO TIRE, ANOTHER DOES COME WITH TIRE. Btw, The Parts Catalog will be updated shortly and in the Pic it will show the tire and Not Just a bare Rim. Notice how the Parts Catalog Says TIRE & WHEEL but the Pic shows no tire. Does not Show instructions either. The Text & the Pic are supposed to match. It's what you see is what you get setup.Thats where confusion comes into play. At least my checking will get the Parts Catalog Fixed. Not the first time I got Mustang Parts info cleared up! LOL~

Everybody I contacted had a different answer to my questions and it's always been like this. That needs to change. I guess thats why I can be helpful as I always keep digging.

I had found a Dealer who had one in stock yesterday but when I called they could not find the Kit in the store so he could not look at it and see if it indeed had the tire.

Anyhow on a side note. The Bare Tire alone would cost you close to what the kit costs so getting a kit is a no brainer. Be advised for the Dealer to get a BARE tire they have to fax a FORM to Ford Tire Program Headquarters and then It's shipped from CANADA and you have to pay Brokerage Fee's etc to get it here. Also The dealer has to pay maxxis with a Credit Card. Not a friendly process! What'S New! Good thing it comes with the kit.

I did ask about an 18" Kit for The Mustang and was basically the question was ignored. Nothing new there either. So for now it would be a Real expensive proposition to get that 18" Aluminum Set up. We shall See.

Enjoy,

KC
Attached Thumbnails Spare Tire Option for 2011 V6 ??-2012v6.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 10/12/11 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10/12/11, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by NightSteel
My kit arrived yesterday as well, I 'installed' it today myself (comes with instructions for putting it all in as well as instructions for changing the tire, the latter of which you can see the corner of to the right of the tire in the below photo).

The only issue I noted is, you're supposed to slide the fuel 'funnel' onto a tab in the wrench bag's attachment to the bolt (you can see the white funnel properly stored in 05stangkc's photo above), but that leaves it right on top of the ridge in the new wheel. I didn't want to put it there for fear of the thing being crushed if I put something heavy in my trunk. I keep a box with other car stuff in my trunk, so I found a place to tuck it there, instead, along with the compressor from the mobility kit.

Pic of installed tire/wrench (the jack is secured underneath the wheel):

It's real, and it's a steal for $200, especially given that the tire, while it isn't the same size as the 'real' tires, isn't actually a doughnut. It's got a flat tread like a real tire, it's just small.

Just remember, as was said earlier in this thread, if you get a rear flat, take a good tire from the front to the rear and put the spare on the front. The difference in diameter from a stock tire to the spare can damage your differential.

Can you Give me the Dimensions of The Box The Kit came in and the Weight. They should Show on the Shipping Label. I want to figure the most cost effective way to get one of these for the members.

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 10/12/11 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10/12/11, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Checked with 2 local dealers today, one said the kit was still $720+ the other said $195+. Ordered the $195 Should have in about a week, were not in stock at the warehouse.
Old 10/12/11, 05:58 PM

Can you Give me the Dimensions of The Box The Kit came in and the Weight. They should Show on the Shipping Label. I want to figure the most cost effective way to get one of these for the members.
I'm sorry, but I ordered my kit through a local dealer, and when it arrived, I installed it in their parking lot and left them the box to dispose of. Can anyone else who's gotten the kit come up with the size and weight of the package?
Old 10/12/11, 08:18 PM

Finally convinced my ford dealer to do a little research and they figured out that the tire does come in the kit, these guys kept looking at the schematic and never were reading the discreption info to see what actually came in the kit. I ordered mine kit though the FordParts.com web site today. Without the help of NightSteel and 05stangkc I would still be looking.
Old 10/13/11, 08:48 AM
GT Member

Does anyone know what brand of spare tire is supplied with the 2011 Mustang GT or 2003-2004 Mercury Marauder? Maxxis does not seem to list either the T195/50-18 or the T155/80-18.
Old 10/13/11, 11:16 AM

Finally convinced my ford dealer to do a little research and they figured out that the tire does come in the kit, these guys kept looking at the schematic and never were reading the discreption info to see what actually came in the kit. I ordered mine kit though the FordParts.com web site today. Without the help of NightSteel and 05stangkc I would still be looking.
Ford Parts cataloging has ALWAYS been subject to interpretation. I guess that makes me a Parts Interpreter. It's an acquired skill that I chose to learn. Sometimes you have to check & recheck different sources to get the right answer. When it's really bad you got to get a visual on the part by oredering or calling another dealer. It's just the way it goes!

KC
Old 10/13/11, 12:00 PM
Cobra R Member

The 18" BARE Aluminum Temp Wheel Lists for $439.73. I am currently Researching if a Kit will be available and Tire availability for a Member.
KC
holy cow.
The wheel's not hard to find, any idea what the 18" tire costs?
Old 10/13/11, 01:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
I can't give you the dimensions because I threw the box away but as you can see the box is just big enough to wedge the 185/60 R17 tire/wheel in. You'll have to guess at the height. The shipping label say 48 lbs. I don't see dimensions on the label but maybe its coded. The tire and wheel weight 37 according to my bathroom scales. The jack weighs 3 lbs, 1 less than the inflation kit. So a net increase around 36 lbs.
Attached Thumbnails Spare Tire Option for 2011 V6 ??-mustang-spare-tire-kit-004.jpg   Spare Tire Option for 2011 V6 ??-mustang-spare-tire-kit-006.jpg  

Quick Reply: Spare Tire Option for 2011 V6 ??