Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Some new TSB by Ford

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/13, 12:09 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mfc133
Could someone clarify what's the difference between an SSM and TSB. Is an SSM an issue that hasn't become a TSB yet?

Also, is there anywhere online to see these SSMs? I've got several of these and would love to go into the dealer with printouts in hand.
Originally Posted by elkk
Where would I go to look up TSB's by number?
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
I think he meant Google. They should be pretty easy to find.
Hi guys,

A TSB is a repair procedure sent to our dealers in case someone comes in with a specific concern, and it’s only covered under the new-vehicle limited warranty. It is not a Recall that can be scheduled without looking at the vehicle.

An SSM is an informational message with no repair procedure, parts, and such. Neither of these are available to the public, as they are for dealer information only. I hope this helps.

Deysha
Old 10/24/13, 12:44 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still waiting on the high rpm clutch pedal stay out TSB. Soon I hope.
Old 10/24/13, 09:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by elkk
Where would I go to look up TSB's by number?
yep google it or pm me i can attach the pdf directly
Old 10/24/13, 09:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JJJTMC
Still waiting on the high rpm clutch pedal stay out TSB. Soon I hope.
here you go my friend.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
tsb12-06-11.pdf (483.4 KB, 196 views)
Old 10/24/13, 09:46 PM
Cobra Member

New SYNC version is named CR3T-14D544-AC..

here are the new improvements biggest one being now you can actually read incoming texts on Apple devices running iOS6..which we couldn't.. I know androids did because focomo supported sony phones more.

2 ways you can accomplish this, 1) tell the ford service advisor to add it in when you go in for your oil change, tire rotation.. or 2) if you havent done yet register at syncmyride.com and have a usb drive with 2GB space ready and DIY.

This new software will provide the following enhancements to your current SYNC® system:

- Updated Bluetooth device connectivity

- Improved system stability

- Improved media player functionality

- Enhanced voice recognition capabilities

- Optimized for use with Apple iOS 6 for incoming text messaging

This update includes improvements from all previous SYNC updates such as flattened phone grammar, improvements in device indexing, text messaging capabilities with the implementation of message access profile (MAP), and more. For additional information on previous updates, visit SYNCmyride.com.

Please Read: This update may take up to 20 minutes to complete. About 1 to 3 minutes after you begin the installation, you will hear an Installation Complete message. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR USB DRIVE OR TURN OFF YOUR VEHICLE. You must wait up to an additional 20 minutes until you receive a second Installation Complete message before removing your USB drive. During this interval, while the update is loading, SYNC® will not recognize your mobile phone or media device. Be sure your vehicle's engine is running (not in Accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Although your vehicle must be in Park when you initiate the installation process, once the download process has begun, you may drive your vehicle.
Old 10/26/13, 04:07 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by HizliBullet
New SYNC version is named CR3T-14D544-AC..

here are the new improvements biggest one being now you can actually read incoming texts on Apple devices running iOS6..which we couldn't.. I know androids did because focomo supported sony phones more.

2 ways you can accomplish this, 1) tell the ford service advisor to add it in when you go in for your oil change, tire rotation.. or 2) if you havent done yet register at syncmyride.com and have a usb drive with 2GB space ready and DIY.

This new software will provide the following enhancements to your current SYNC® system:

- Updated Bluetooth device connectivity

- Improved system stability

- Improved media player functionality

- Enhanced voice recognition capabilities

- Optimized for use with Apple iOS 6 for incoming text messaging

This update includes improvements from all previous SYNC updates such as flattened phone grammar, improvements in device indexing, text messaging capabilities with the implementation of message access profile (MAP), and more. For additional information on previous updates, visit SYNCmyride.com.

Please Read: This update may take up to 20 minutes to complete. About 1 to 3 minutes after you begin the installation, you will hear an Installation Complete message. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR USB DRIVE OR TURN OFF YOUR VEHICLE. You must wait up to an additional 20 minutes until you receive a second Installation Complete message before removing your USB drive. During this interval, while the update is loading, SYNC® will not recognize your mobile phone or media device. Be sure your vehicle's engine is running (not in Accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Although your vehicle must be in Park when you initiate the installation process, once the download process has begun, you may drive your vehicle.
It looks like the only update available is for the "full Nav" system. My February 08 update - for the Shaker 500 system - is showing as "Up to date."
Old 10/28/14, 09:01 PM
Cobra Member

Updated new tsb's, dont know if i should attach the pdfs for those, may not apply to everyone
Old 10/29/14, 05:55 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by HizliBullet
Updated new tsb's, dont know if i should attach the pdfs for those, may not apply to everyone
Could you please? I haven't done a single tsb.
Old 10/29/14, 08:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Could you please? I haven't done a single tsb.
For some reason I don't think Ford is likely to oblige any of your TSB requests lol
Old 10/29/14, 06:52 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by OnceYouGoBlack
For some reason I don't think Ford is likely to oblige any of your TSB requests lol
Lol why
Old 10/29/14, 06:54 PM
Cobra Member

Lol why
sure yes I went in there afterwards and uploaded the pdfs on my first post
Old 10/29/14, 06:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tsb's are done if the car has the problem. They are not recalls that the manufacturer has to do. They also are only done when the car is in warranty.
Old 10/30/14, 11:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 88lx50
Tsb's are done if the car has the problem. They are not recalls that the manufacturer has to do. They also are only done when the car is in warranty.
I think he was being sarcastic. His car is so far beyond warranty in terms of Mods, they'd have a hard time deciding what was covered under warranty. Maybe a gasket or two.
Old 10/30/14, 02:12 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Critical Mass
I think he was being sarcastic. His car is so far beyond warranty in terms of Mods, they'd have a hard time deciding what was covered under warranty. Maybe a gasket or two.
I would hope mods aren't a deterrent to a specific TSB that's unrelated to the mod.

i.e. if there's a TSB for the radio functionality or seats squeaking, etc. and a person with a heavily modded car with unrelated mods to either, experiences the issue? I would "assume" Ford would have the decency to perform those TSB's.
Old 10/30/14, 02:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would hope mods aren't a deterrent to a specific TSB that's unrelated to the mod.

i.e. if there's a TSB for the radio functionality or seats squeaking, etc. and a person with a heavily modded car with unrelated mods to either, experiences the issue? I would "assume" Ford would have the decency to perform those TSB's.
They would do the repair if it was under warranty. If the mods are not related to the issue it does not affect it. I think when a warranty is cancelled due to mods it is only for the part that is modded.