Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Raxiom headunit

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/16, 10:31 PM
GT Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Raxiom headunit

Well on my way home, I was listening to Opies radio channel on sirus. Pull into the gas station, turn the car back on and the **** headunit was black. I'm like mother sucker lol...so i call American muscle, they tell me to call raxiom, but the thing is I bought the car used, so idk what raxiom can do. I start googling to see if I can find anything and found out that when the unit gets hot the screen goes black and you have to disconnect the battery. Smdh
I'm glad my dad taught me about cars, so I can do this **** myself lol..disconnected the negative terminal and woohoo it worked also reset my gas to empty. That thing was acting up too. Good grief. Hopefully their is a fix to this black screen thing bc texas is hot as hell during the summer.
Old 8/11/16, 11:20 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Is this the Raxiom replacement center stack with touchscreen/nav/backup camera? I'd thought about it (on sale now at AM) but the fact I've never heard of Raxiom (nor can I find any info) and have no idea about quality, customer service or reliability leads me to be real hesitant. If it has heat issues that's a deal breaker as we have regular bouts of 100-105+ degree temps where I live.

Last edited by junkman9096; 8/11/16 at 11:23 PM.
Old 8/11/16, 11:22 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,956 Likes on 1,584 Posts
Even though you purchased your Mustang used Alicia.. The least AM could do for you is attempt to troubleshoot the issue with the Raxiom head unit, being that AM is their only distributor that I'm aware of..

In fact, I wasn't even aware that Raxiom had a direct contact number or website to begin with, as I assumed that you had to go directly through AM

At any rate, if AM provided you with a contact number for Raxiom ? You would be far better off to contact them anyhow, being as they're the manufacturer..

In the meantime, I hope they can troubleshoot and resolve your head unit issues for you..

-Rocky
Old 8/12/16, 12:05 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by junkman9096
Is this the Raxiom replacement center stack with touchscreen/nav/backup camera? I'd thought about it (on sale now at AM) but the fact I've never heard of Raxiom (nor can I find any info) and have no idea about quality, customer service or reliability leads me to be real hesitant. If it has heat issues that's a deal breaker as we have regular bouts of 100-105+ degree temps where I live.
Yes this is that unit. Yea I think it's on sale for 499. Too be honest it's a decent unit. It was acting up on the way to las vegas and cali and I'm starting to wonder now is it from the heat. I think it's silly that it does this and you have to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery, but on another forum, the guy said there was an update to fix the issue but I had just updated the SD card when I got the car. There was an issue with it saying SD card not found but eventually worked. If it didn't come with the car not sure I would have went out and bought it but it is a cheaper alternative then buying a nav unit then the dash kit for it. I think those are 400 by themselves. Forget that lol..Hopefully raxiom contacts me back tomorrow. Yea it's hotter than hades down here so I understand completely. Just depends on what you want to do to the radio and how much you want to spend. I'm getting the whole audio system upgrade. the shaker 500 just ain't enough lol...

Let me know if you have any other questions
Old 8/12/16, 12:08 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Even though you purchased your Mustang used Alicia.. The least AM could do for you is attempt to troubleshoot the issue with the Raxiom head unit, being that AM is their only distributor that I'm aware of..

In fact, I wasn't even aware that Raxiom had a direct contact number or website to begin with, as I assumed that you had to go directly through AM

At any rate, if AM provided you with a contact number for Raxiom ? You would be far better off to contact them anyhow, being as they're the manufacturer..

In the meantime, I hope they can troubleshoot and resolve your head unit issues for you..

-Rocky
Hey rocky yea American muscle said to just contact raxiom since it's been awhile. So I found a website for them bc the number they gave me was no good. I sent them that email so we shall see if they respond tomorrow. Maybe if they can just send me a new SD card, hopefully that fixes the issue!!
Old 8/12/16, 08:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
The screen is made by Rosen, who has been making touch screens for a long time. That said, they've never been at the top for touch screen quality. If you have any further issues, I'd suggest contacting Rosen directly.
Old 8/12/16, 11:08 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
The screen is made by Rosen, who has been making touch screens for a long time. That said, they've never been at the top for tough screen quality. If you have any further issues, I'd suggest contacting Rosen directly.
Oh goodness lol...ok I'll contact them next thanks!!
Old 8/12/16, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by renee29581
Hey rocky yea American muscle said to just contact raxiom since it's been awhile. So I found a website for them bc the number they gave me was no good. I sent them that email so we shall see if they respond tomorrow. Maybe if they can just send me a new SD card, hopefully that fixes the issue!!
That really doesn't come as any surprise Alicia.. This is why I don't purchase products from AM unless they're name brand products that include the manufacturers website and customer service phone number..
Old 8/12/16, 12:23 PM
GT Member

That really doesn't come as any surprise Alicia.. This is why I don't purchase products from AM unless they're name brand products that include the manufacturers website and customer service phone number..
Yea I haven't bought anything through them and not sure i will..
Old 8/12/16, 12:53 PM

Yea I haven't bought anything through them and not sure i will..
I couldn't agree more.. As most of AM's product line are made in China/Taiwan in which quality leaves much to be desired lol.

As I mentioned earlier, unless the product your interested in is a name brand that's made in North America, I wouldn't purchase anything from AM and especially if not provided with the manufactures website and customer service number..

Also from my personal experience with AM, their customer service is very poor to say the very least..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/13/16 at 12:39 PM.
Old 8/12/16, 01:09 PM
GT Member

I couldn't agree more.. As most of AM's product line are made in China in which quality leaves much to be desired lol.

As I mentioned earlier, unless the product your interested in is a name brand that's made in North America, I wouldn't purchase anything from AM and especially if not provided with the manufactures website and customer service number..

Also from my personal experience with AM, their customer service is very poor to say the very least..
Sounds good.
Yea no China stuff only japan. I've had some bad things happen with China products lol...

Yea raxiom hasn't emailed me back yet so time to email rosen
Old 8/12/16, 02:57 PM

Sounds good.
Yea no China stuff only japan. I've had some bad things happen with China products lol...

Yea raxiom hasn't emailed me back yet so time to email rosen
Hopefully you'll get a response from Rosen Alicia.. I'd also find out if they have customer phone support, if they do ? Perhaps they might resolve your issue quicker
Old 8/12/16, 02:59 PM
GT Member

Hopefully you'll get a response from Rosen Alicia.. I'd also find out if they have customer phone support, if they do ? Perhaps they might resolve your issue quicker
Yea going to have to email rosen as well. Can't find a phone number online smh only fax or email
Old 8/12/16, 03:48 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for this info. I was considering this but live in Tucson. 100+ many days every year.
Old 8/12/16, 03:56 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tucsondivots
Thanks for this info. I was considering this but live in Tucson. 100+ many days every year.

Your welcome!!
Old 8/12/16, 05:54 PM

Yea going to have to email rosen as well. Can't find a phone number online smh only fax or email
They should have a customer support number listed on their website
Old 8/12/16, 06:10 PM
GT Member

They should have a customer support number listed on their website
I checked I didn't see it under contact us..smdh so I emailed them then they said I had to email Tech support. Good grief just have a **** number lol
Old 8/12/16, 07:13 PM

I checked I didn't see it under contact us..smdh so I emailed them then they said I had to email Tech support. Good grief just have a **** number lol
I just checked they're website and under contact us, they only provide a fax number and e-mail for tech support which is a freaking joke IMHO..

Anyhow just another fine example of poor customer service !
Old 8/12/16, 07:26 PM
GT Member

I just checked they're website and under contact us, they only provide a fax number and e-mail for tech support which is a freaking joke IMHO..

Anyhow just another fine example of poor customer service !
Yea I know it irks me when companies don't have a number...smdh and it takes forever with email
Old 8/12/16, 07:38 PM

Yea I know it irks me when companies don't have a number...smdh and it takes forever with email
Just another reason I'll only purchase products from name brand companies that offer customer/tech phone support based in North America..

Quick Reply: Raxiom headunit