2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

p0315 and how to fix it

Old 5/15/13, 10:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
p0315 and how to fix it

I had the dealership today install the pro cal tune love it, but I had an ping so i pulled over and pulled it in and had no idea where to change the setting to y for octane adjust so selected program relearn thinking it was there so the message came up to blip engine above 3k i did it twice and I didnt notice the cel was on after the fact because i didnt finish the relearn, so I figure out if was in the setting. Fine got i was pissed off thinking something was screwed up went the speed limit home and went on the forums and found this info from ford as an example and if worked like a charm and the engine did not run funny or anything and I also triple check for the code and its gone. So if anybody has this issue the pro cal relearn process works like a charm and it hasnt pinged yet!!!!

The first time I got this code, that is what I did (went to dealer) and they had an engineer come out and after driving my car for 10 miles or so they finally cleared the code. After they cleared it, I immediately went back to install the FRPP tune and the P3015 code never showed up. Keep in mind, the code also would not go away if I put the car back to stock. The dealer at first was saying I needed a new PCM since they couldn't clear the code if you read more in my thread

However, I have since installed this tune several times and each time I do it, I have noticed that this code will show up. You can keep trying to clear the DTC with the procal unit itself and the code will probably just keep coming back immediately.

The solution is this:
The code will not hurt your car so just drive the car around for 10-15 miles varying the rpm's and see if it goes away. If it is like mine and does not, after driving for 10-15 miles, find somewhere to stop the car like in a parking lot while it is running and hook up the procal tuner and go into one of the settings called "profile learning" or something and it says to blip the throttle past 3k rpms and once you do this one or two times, the code should disappear. After it goes away, you can go back and verify the code is gone by checking for DTC's.

I have also called Rey (technical support) at Ford Racing and he said that getting the P3015 code is unique to the 2011 mustangs and that it should go away on it's own after driving the car for a while and that it won't hurt anything. I recommended that Ford Racing update their instructions for the 2011 mustang to compensate for users getting this code and thinking there is something wrong.