Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ordering a new 2014 GT premium Information please!!

Old 4/7/14, 09:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Ordering a new 2014 GT premium Information please!!

I am new to posting on this forum but have been lurking for a while.

I am ordering a 2014 GT Premium.

options so fare are:

401a
Electronics package
Comfort package
Track Package
Rear camera... I ordering this because I saw one and it had the larger spoiler like the GT500 ( almost ).

Colors I am not set on yet.

Ruby Race red or Steering Gray.

I loved the Saddle interior but I saw a few on the lot used and it does not wear well.

Any suggestions??
Old 4/7/14, 09:52 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I am new to posting on this forum but have been lurking for a while.

options so fare are:

401a
Electronics package
Comfort package
Track Package
Rear camera... I ordering this because I saw one and it had the larger spoiler like the GT500 ( almost ).

Colors I am not set on yet.

Ruby Race red or Steering Gray.

I loved the Saddle interior but I saw a few on the lot used and it does not wear well.

Any suggestions??
All good choices. And you're right, the saddle interior doesn't wear well. 401A package isn't available in saddle anyway, so choose from brick red with cashmere insert, or charcoal with cashmere insert with the Ruby Red or Sterling Grey paint.
Old 4/7/14, 10:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Last year (about this time, actually) I ordered a '14 GT Premium with 401A, Track Package, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, and the rear view camera (figured if I was going to have the nav screen I might as well have the back up camera). Oh, and the glass roof (gotta have the glass roof ).

The colors I went with were Sterling Gray with Brick Red/Cashmere. The red gets a lot of compliments and has worn quite well.

Good luck with your order!
Attached Thumbnails Ordering a new 2014 GT premium Information please!!-roush-installed1.jpg   Ordering a new 2014 GT premium Information please!!-c14int.jpg   Ordering a new 2014 GT premium Information please!!-shifter-installed-2.jpg  

Last edited by Varilux; 4/7/14 at 10:04 PM.
Old 4/7/14, 10:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a nice car, similar to mine.

IMO skip the electronics and swap it for Shaker Pro. Not a fan of nav, and the simpler sync system does everything you could want it to do, as far as music…hardwire iPod via USB, bluetooth audio, bluetooth calling, and voice command. Sirius too. The only real feature in the electronics package that I thought would be nice to have was the dual zone climate control, but no biggie and not worth the nav system which will end up looking outdated. IMO the center stack looks better without nav too, but that's personal preference.
Old 4/7/14, 10:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
No need to hard wire a device via USB. I bought a 64 gig USB drive for $20. I leave it plugged in all the time.
Old 4/7/14, 10:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
No need to hard wire a device via USB. I bought a 64 gig USB drive for $20. I leave it plugged in all the time.
That's the same thing I do…except instead of a USB drive I have an iPod classic on the end of an iPod USB cable, lol.

Last edited by puma1552; 4/7/14 at 10:45 PM.
Old 4/7/14, 10:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

The nav screen is great (you can control everything from it, including easy control of your iPod).
Old 4/7/14, 11:25 PM
Cobra Member

I have read so many pros and cons on the Nav system. I am an Audio fanatic and will be putting a new system in. I am told it is about $300. to $500 for the install items before a new system. So what does the Nav system do and what does it sound like? Any differences?

I am going to listen tomorrow?Is there any other features that are in the Nav that are useful?

Thank you all for your input.
Old 4/7/14, 11:27 PM
Cobra Member

Varilux,

I love your car. The stripes are great. Where do you get them? Did you paint the console?
Old 4/8/14, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Go for the Ruby Red...you won't regret it!
Name:  TY2SlNR.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  994.8 KB
Old 4/8/14, 01:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Go for the Ruby Red...you won't regret it!
Ruby Red is gorgeous! When I started out on the ordering process, I listed my "gotta haves," and a red interior was on the list (and for some reason, you can order Brick Red interior with the bright Race Red, but not the Ruby Red... ugh).
The other must haves were:
glass roof,
Track Package,
nav screen,
manual trans,
GT Premium (for the Coyote and the cool interior lighting),
Comfort Package (for the Pony-shaped puddle lights).

When you put the list together, it became necessary to factory order (the red interior/glass roof combo wasn't in stock anywhere).

I love your car. The stripes are great. Where do you get them? Did you paint the console?
Thanks- the stripes are from BigWormGraphix.com (they are somewhat local in Ft. Worth- so I drove over and had them install the stripes and black badges... you can also order the stripes to be installed by yourself or someone else).
I did paint the console (specifically, I Plast-Dipped it- just last weekend). I have a '65 Mustang with a red interior, and wanted to introduce a little more red to the '14. The red Plasti-Dip is really close to brick red, and the texture looks and feels like an interior feature that might have come from the factory. Plus, its completely reversible. Took 9 light coats and an afternoon, but so far I really like it (and its already gotten some compliments from coworkers... one of them thought it had always been that way- guess they aren't very observant, but I guess that means it must look fairly factory). Willing to accept its not everyone's cup of tea- but I like it.

Last edited by Varilux; 4/8/14 at 01:45 PM.
Old 4/8/14, 03:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I have a Ruby Red with a saddle interior. It is highly complimented in person. I posted pictures of it here:

https://themustangsource.com/f726/20...4/#post6704525
Old 4/8/14, 05:07 PM
GT Member

I really like the nav package and the shaker pro. A real audio person would probably disagree but it sounds very nice to my old ears. Did the CS on mine with Race red and it looks good. Love the California special seats and higher spoiler. Can't get a factory camera with a CS but you can do an aftermarket and use the "lock pick" for it to play on your nav screen. Just another mod on the list!
Old 4/8/14, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I forgot to mention earlier that this is the last month to order new 2014 Mustangs. Some dealers may have already run out of allocation, and those that still have allocation will likely face some restrictions on paint colors and equipment that Ford is running out of as the model year winds down. The sooner you order, the more likely you'll get everything you want.
Old 4/8/14, 06:36 PM
Cobra Member

I saw the three colors on a lot today. In Florida it was over cast and the Sterling Gray looked just like dove gray and the Rudy looked red with a gray tint to it. The race red really pooped out But I keep thinking the Race red is a kids color?

But all the exotic cars are red LOL.

I have purchased a few cars in my day and never have had this hard of a time picking a color
Old 4/8/14, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you want a loud color but don't want midlife-crisis-red, there's always Gotta Have It Green. I was trying to decide between DIB and Black. Couldn't do it, so my wife picked Black. After surfing around here for a while, I'm at a loss to explain why I didn't at least consider GHIG. Great color, but a bad camera wrecks it. I saw a GHIG Boss in my neighborhood the other day, was spectacular with the black Boss striping.
Old 4/8/14, 07:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Go Sterling Gray. Subtle, but also expensive looking, and the metallic pops in the sun. Race Red is awesome, but these cars need metallic paint to pop on the body lines in the sun.

Ruby red is nice in the sun, but I always think it looks kind of drab on a cloudy day, not sure why. It's still a nice color.

Can't go wrong with any IMO, but the gray will be the easiest to care for.
Old 4/8/14, 09:45 PM

I traded my Sterling Gray '11 GT for a Ruby Red '14 GT last summer. Here's a pic of them together at the dealership once my '11 was ready to resell. I had to get a shot of them parked side by side....

Name:  photo_zps4e827fcf.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  2.14 MB
Old 4/9/14, 07:58 PM
Cobra Member

Five Oh Brian That picture really helps. Thank you for the Picture!!

I had to travel to the North part of Florida today and I pulled into all the Ford Dealers on the way back. One thing I noticed is that I really love the Sterling gray till I see the Ruby Red. At first I thought the Rudy red looked washed out or will look washed out. But It really pops in the Sun and Sun Set.
Decisions Decisions ...
Old 4/9/14, 08:02 PM
Banned

Ruby Red.

I too liked Sterling Grey, but the reality is that it's a really **** boring color.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ordering a new 2014 GT premium Information please!!