2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Noises when clutch disengaged?

Search this Thread

Old 7/30/15, 11:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Noises when clutch disengaged?

So I've been through clutch drama, stock clutch broke a spring and ford did a good will of 250 for a slave, pp and disc. New clutch was a miracle, performed beautifully for a week until I almost stalled out and it's been acting goofy ever since. Recently it was vacuum bled and felt awesome for a week and a half. It all of a sudden started engaging literally half an inch off the floor and along with it, making strange noises when the clutch was pushed all the way in and I feel a vibration/almost tingling feeling coming through the pedal. Sometimes it's a clicking noise, but usually an obvious rotation-sort of noise. For the past day it's been acting better and not engaging off the floor, but the weird feeling and noises are still there. I feel like the clutch is about to take a crap and it's all new stuff. The service manager I've dealt with, who has been a stand up guy, finds it hard to believe something is wrong since it's all new stuff.

Weird noises, like rattling and clicking, and strange tingling, vibration feeling when clutch pushed in. What could it be?
The following users liked this post:
THEGT2NV (3/6/18)
Old 7/31/15, 06:21 PM
V6 Member

What year is the car?
THEGT2NV (3/6/18)
Old 7/31/15, 08:04 PM

Sorry. 2013 mustang GT
THEGT2NV (3/6/18)
Old 7/31/15, 10:25 PM
V6 Member

Well my initial thought would be install error coupled with the load of almost stalling jarred something loose in there. If you can feel vibration in a hydraulic clutch something is amiss. usually very little feedback is felt through the pedal unlike the older cable style. The sounds you hear could be throwout bearing or slave cylinder (seen a few that were bad right out of the box). Id start by having the dealer look it over for anything obvious. Also did they resurface the flywheel? if a spring broke metal bits could have gouged it causing the new clutch disk to vibrate and chatter. Also it should self adjust if the engage point changes while driving or from day to day there is either water (brake fluid absorbs water) or air somewhere in the system. I haven't had to change my 09 yet but my ranger was a royal pain to bleed properly due to the shape of the clutch line so that may be something to look at.
THEGT2NV (3/6/18)