2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Nightmare.. MyKey on Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 10/6/15, 05:23 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
My 2011 v6 has the 'My Key' feature. It's something i will 'never' use.....
Old 10/6/15, 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jccroz123
Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Maybe if you don't know the answer it would have been better to refrain from responding at all. How's that for a simple alternative to sarcasm?
So thats how this forum works, if you do not have a definitive yes or no answer, do not reply at all or offer a suggestion on where to find all the information you need. Got it!! But you seemed to have broken your own rule since you did not know the answer either but made an assumption that because your 2011 had MYkey, the 2012 should. Would it be safe to assume that since my 2014 is a GT/CS that it was also available in 2015?
perhaps not... but since the 2011 has MyKey and we already knew that the 2013 and 2014 also had it then it does become a pretty safe assumption that Ford did not remove the feature for the one year in between. Especially since the '11-'14 were all the same platform, unlike the '15 which is a substantial change.

Originally Posted by jccroz123
The problem with email, texts, forums etc, is that someones tone of voice can not be heard, in my original post, I in no way intended to be sarcastic, I just figured the person who asked the question was unaware that the owners manual contained detailed information on Mykey.
I understand and I can sympathize about the misinterpretation. But you should know that you just happened to land on a particular comment that has become known as a sarcastic response whenever used... RTFM (Read The *** Manual) is a common way of people in forums saying "don't bother us with something you can look up yourself". It's unfortunate but that's what will often prompt the kind of response you have seen.
Old 10/6/15, 09:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I use it for speed warnings. Not actual speed restrictions. The speed warnings it gives can be handy, especially when you have a heavy foot.
Old 10/8/15, 10:22 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gags4u
The dealer gave me just one key and told me that is all what he got from the previous owner.

At first he said he cannot do anything as this is how he got the car from the previous owner.
Possibly a dumb question, but did they (the dealership) try contacting the previous owner? That is not difficult for them to do.

The dealer cannot do anything? Bull! I would be tempted to drop the car off, and tell them to void the sale unless they can return the vehicle to a state in which it is fully functioning, which is what you contracted to purchase. Texas has a "Deceptive Trade Practices" act which I believe would apply (if you were in TX... I do not know if RI has similar laws, but many states do.)

Seriously, I would call the GM of the dealership, and tell them you are dropping off the car, and you will be contacting the local news to see if they want to meet you at the dealership and cover the story.
Old 10/8/15, 10:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
It would seem as though the dealer would have some responsibility to have the vehicle in its "normal" state when sold... It's not like you thought it had satellite radio and it ended up not having it or something...
Old 10/11/15, 11:18 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That's an excellent point. Since the dealership sold a car programmed by MyKey, it seems you should have some recourse or compensation.

If it's a ford dealership, then I think they would cover the labor costs (at a minimum) and only charge for the new key. If this is the case, definitely escalate this situation with Ford Service and see if they can help.
Old 10/11/15, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
^ makes sense. But my question is, is it only a 13/14 feature?
Zto5 it's a feature on the 2012 because i have it on mine ! It maybe only premium cars have it !