Old 8/20/11, 03:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thats good!
Old 8/20/11, 08:31 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmatero
It was the CAN'T that led to the WONT
Just put it on the list of your other cars/companies that you hopefully never buy from again. We don't need your luck rubbing off on the rest of us.
Old 8/20/11, 09:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
It is full of trannies, though.
Old 8/20/11, 10:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Timeless
Just put it on the list of your other cars/companies that you hopefully never buy from again. We don't need your luck rubbing off on the rest of us.
It's not bad luck... based on the influx of owners reporting issues to the Feds since the investigation opened... I'd say you're lucky if you get one that's problem free.

If you search auto trader for Used manual transmission 2011 Mustangs, Camaros, G37, 370Z, Challengers, and Genesis coupes....

Mustang - 458
Camaro - 206
Challenger - 12

The rest are all under 10.... nationwide.

Do you have a logical explanation as to why so many owners of 2011 Mustangs with manual transmissions are getting rid of their cars within the first year of ownership.... at a rate exponentially higher than any of the competition?

If you do the same search for used 2011 Automatic Mustangs and Camaros they're with 100 of each other.
Old 8/20/11, 11:01 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Do you have a logical explanation as to why so many owners of 2011 Mustangs with manual transmissions are getting rid of their cars within the first year of ownership.... at a rate exponentially higher than any of the competition?.
they are all stepping up to a 2012 BOSS 302!
Old 8/21/11, 07:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's not bad luck... based on the influx of owners reporting issues to the Feds since the investigation opened... I'd say you're lucky if you get one that's problem free.

If you search auto trader for Used manual transmission 2011 Mustangs, Camaros, G37, 370Z, Challengers, and Genesis coupes....

Mustang - 458
Camaro - 206
Challenger - 12

Do you have a logical explanation as to why so many owners of 2011 Mustangs with manual transmissions are getting rid of their cars within the first year of ownership.... at a rate exponentially higher than any of the competition?

If you do the same search for used 2011 Automatic Mustangs and Camaros they're with 100 of each other.
just proves autos are cool!!! lol
Old 8/21/11, 08:24 AM
GT Member

Blah Blah Blah
Is pretty much what I see now on every one of your posts.

How about you give us your vin number so we can see if there is anything else that you are not telling us or at least see what Ford is saying about your case?

If not due to litigation, I understand and hope you will give it out when the litigation is over.
Old 8/21/11, 09:03 AM
Bullitt Member

You act like I'm the only one in this boat. Youre either in denial or ignorant to the magnitude of the situation. Let's regroup when the NHTSA reports on whether they intend to move into an engineering investigation.
Old 8/21/11, 09:19 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mustang - 458
Camaro - 206
Challenger - 12

Could be more Camaros are sold with autos then Mustangs. I went through a gate to an Air Base last week, and the guard asked if I had a manual, when I yes, he said, "great, at last a real man's car...the last three Camaros that came in were all autos".

Just for fun, I checked the local Chevy dealers stock, new and used for type of transmission on the Camaros in stock:

New
>2/SS models: Manual (Priced at $44-45,000 ea)
>2/2LT models: Auto (priced at $37-38,000 ea)
Used
>2- 2010's (1) Auto and (1) manual.

And, just as an aside, I went to NHTSA, again, and they are only listing 80 complaints. Yet, GM has 423,000 defective Impala's and is refusing to honor the warranty on those vehicles (defective rear spindles and bars), but repaired police vehicles with the same issue. NHTSA is not investigating that issue,let alone requiring a recall, which makes me wonder why 80 complaints can generate an investigation against Ford.

Last edited by SD CALSPCL; 8/21/11 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 8/21/11, 09:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
NHTSA is not investigating that issue,let alone requiring a recall, which makes me wonder why 80 complaints can generate an investigation against Ford.
Squeaky Jmatero gets the grease.
Old 8/21/11, 11:15 AM

Just a question, where did you get the number 458 for used 2011 MT mustangs. I just did a search on autotrader nationwide and it came up with 411 used mustangs and thats not removing the Gt-500's from the search which covers a page and a half as well as the improperly listed ones as i found several with less than 500 kilometers. So if 458 was say 20-30 cars off it would be understandable as a few would sell on a saturday, but at least 60-80 cars off is a bit of an embelishment.
Old 8/21/11, 01:10 PM

smear campaign has lots of smear
Old 8/21/11, 03:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mustang - 458
Camaro - 206
Challenger - 12

I like how you fudge the numbers to make it look like you have some kind of valid point.
I noticed you also included the GT500’s in those magical numbers for the mustang otherwise they would be close to the Camaro.
Unless you’re claiming that GT500’s have trans problems as well.

For the Camaro it was 295 just checked.

Are you kidding? The SRT-8 and RT are LOW VOLUME vehicles. Dodge doesn’t even offer a manual for the V6 challenger which is their top seller.
How is this car even relevant?

You’ve got to be mildly retarded to think your comparison has any merit since
Pre-owned vehicle’s availability is usually determined by their overall sales volume when new.
For comparison sake:
There’s 800 used 2010 Mustang country wide.
Close to 7000 used 2011 Toyota Camrys
19500 used 2011 Toyota corollas
Are you implying that these car where traded in because they has some sort of problem?

You would have to combine 70% or more of the low volume market share that includes Nissan, Hyundai, Honda, Mazda, Scion, VW, Ext, Ext,,,, to match the sales figure of the Mustang or Camaro in a month. Guess what? If you did, you would end up with just as many vehicles with a manual trans sitting in the pre-owned lot based on sales figure.

Added for reference:

Originally Posted by Vorian
Just a question, where did you get the number 458 for used 2011 MT mustangs. I just did a search on autotrader nationwide and it came up with 411 used mustangs and thats not removing the Gt-500's from the search which covers a page and a half as well as the improperly listed ones as i found several with less than 500 kilometers. So if 458 was say 20-30 cars off it would be understandable as a few would sell on a saturday, but at least 60-80 cars off is a bit of an embelishment.
Exactly.

Last edited by TTS197; 8/21/11 at 03:19 PM.
Old 8/21/11, 03:19 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
whens ome people have a problem they like to think its raining crap on everyone
Old 8/21/11, 04:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
whens ome people have a problem they like to think its raining crap on everyone
More like, when some people have a problem, they want to make it so that it's raining crap on everybody else, too.

Misery always loves company, but some miseries will go to greater lengths to obtain it than others.
Old 8/21/11, 05:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone can fudge numbers to make their own argument look correct, just look at our President!!!
Old 8/21/11, 05:14 PM
GT Member

Blah Blah Blah
VIN number? Let's get all the facts on the table shall we?

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
More like, when some people have a problem, they want to make it so that it's raining crap on everybody else, too.

Misery always loves company, but some miseries will go to greater lengths to obtain it than others.
Exactly how I feel at this point. One of the major reasons I enjoy this site over AFM is the lack of JMatero/Tranny bashing posts. Just gets old being told your car is a lemon even though you aren't having any problems.

Yes, you could ignore the posts, but you might also miss some valid information or TSBs that do need to be performed.

Last edited by Timeless; 8/21/11 at 05:19 PM.
Old 8/21/11, 06:28 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Timeless
Exactly how I feel at this point. One of the major reasons I enjoy this site over AFM is the lack of JMatero/Tranny bashing posts. Just gets old being told your car is a lemon even though you aren't having any problems.

Yes, you could ignore the posts, but you might also miss some valid information or TSBs that do need to be performed.
Couldn't have said it better. I think there is *something* going on, but the typical "sky is falling" mentality is more prevalent here than anywhere else on the board. Not to mention the "can't drive to work because my car is unsafe" comment. Seriously? Sounds like someone is sensationalizing it just a bit.
Old 8/21/11, 08:38 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I can't drive to work because my car is unsafe.

Help, I've fallen and can't get up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems