Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

NEW! magnetic jack pad for Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/13, 08:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Magjackpad
I talked to you, but they pulled the order and shipped before I got back to tell them to send to your business address. It's tough to take the phone orders and the web site. We try not to duplicate the orders. Yes they are hand made and right here in the US by me.
This is the reason you have my buisness. I will help out by buying American Made whenever I can.

Matthew
Old 11/19/13, 06:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
K, I'm an idiot and the first time I used them with the jack I have, I gouged them pretty good; how do I avoid that when there's not enough space between the jack and the pad for a 2x4?
Attached Thumbnails NEW! magnetic jack pad for Mustang-image-2417813094.jpg  
Old 11/19/13, 06:52 PM
Supporting Vendor

Where is your 2x4? can you show me what your jack looks like? I can send our Heavy Use pads no charge if you have a issue with the standard pad. What is gouging them? we can make a higher bottom if you have a con caved jack top.

Last edited by Magjackpad; 11/19/13 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11/19/13, 06:55 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by kylerohde
These pads would also be used if the car's going up on a 4-post lift, wouldn't they?
They work the best on a lift!!
Old 11/19/13, 07:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by skramblr
Got my set in the mail yesterday. I ran into a hiccup. In 3 out of the 4 mounting locations the pads when right on. On the 5th location (in front of the rear passenger side tire) it looks like Ford messed up the pinch weld. The metal edge is not flat and there's a big burr on the weld. So I can't install it on that location. Looks like I have some filing and maybe a little love tap to get it flat.
Some times we see cars that have the pinch welds bent by dealers and it will split the standard jack pad. We now have a aluminum one made for all cars and will work for the wide pinch welds. YES they are magnetic.
Attached Images  
Old 11/19/13, 08:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Where is your 2x4? can you show me what your jack looks like? I can send our Heavy Use pads no charge if you have a issue with the standard pad. What is gouging them? we can make a higher bottom if you have a con caved jack top.
I have this jack and know I should get a better, low profile floor jack but it's what I have right now: http://toolmonger.com/wp-content/upl...0950140000.jpg

The notches in the jack are what caused the gouges in the pads; I don't think it's an issue with your product - that wasn't my intent with the post at all. But what should I do to avoid further gouging?
Old 11/19/13, 09:56 PM
Supporting Vendor

I will send you the heavy use pad no charge. Email name address and I will send it for you. May be better for your jack. I see what you need. I will make one for your jack.

Last edited by Magjackpad; 11/19/13 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11/20/13, 07:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I will send you the heavy use pad no charge. Email name address and I will send it for you. May be better for your jack. I see what you need. I will make one for your jack.
Wow. That is over & above service - thank you John. I hope my fellow forum members see how you take care of customers and get online to buy their own set. THANK YOU!!
Old 11/24/13, 06:38 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kylerohde
K, I'm an idiot and the first time I used them with the jack I have, I gouged them pretty good; how do I avoid that when there's not enough space between the jack and the pad for a 2x4?
Get 4 hockey pucks at a sporting goods store - they are only a few bucks and make a nice buffer between the jack and the pads plus they are thinner than a 2x4.

Scott
Old 11/24/13, 09:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ScottV
Get 4 hockey pucks at a sporting goods store - they are only a few bucks and make a nice buffer between the jack and the pads plus they are thinner than a 2x4. Scott
Great idea! Thanks Scott!
Old 11/25/13, 08:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
I am really looking for something to go between my jack stands and pinch welds when having all four corners off the ground. I prefer to lift the front of a car under the crossmember or other suitable lift point in the front, then rest the pinch welds on jack stands in the front. Then I lift the entire rear under the axle and set jack stands under the pinch welds in the rear. Is this product suitable for use between jack stands? Or is it only intended for use with a jack and lifting the car one side at a time? Bare jack stands really tear up pinch welds, so I haven't used jack stands at the pinch welds yet on this car. Fortunately I haven't had to lift this car on 4 corners yet. But I will need to in the future.
Old 11/25/13, 06:20 PM
Supporting Vendor

You can use the Universal jack pads or standard. It's best to pick the car up at the pinch welds and place jack stands under sub frame.
Old 11/25/13, 06:25 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by ScottV
Get 4 hockey pucks at a sporting goods store - they are only a few bucks and make a nice buffer between the jack and the pads plus they are thinner than a 2x4.

Scott
We also have bottoms for the jack pads that are thicker if you need them for the universal. We even can make custom jack pads if you need them

Last edited by Magjackpad; 11/25/13 at 06:26 PM.
Old 4/28/14, 07:43 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
I am really looking for something to go between my jack stands and pinch welds when having all four corners off the ground. I prefer to lift the front of a car under the crossmember or other suitable lift point in the front, then rest the pinch welds on jack stands in the front. Then I lift the entire rear under the axle and set jack stands under the pinch welds in the rear. Is this product suitable for use between jack stands? Or is it only intended for use with a jack and lifting the car one side at a time? Bare jack stands really tear up pinch welds, so I haven't used jack stands at the pinch welds yet on this car. Fortunately I haven't had to lift this car on 4 corners yet. But I will need to in the future.
Better to use the jack pads to lift the car and place the jack stands under the sub frame. You can place jack stands at pinch weld if need be.
Old 4/29/14, 05:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Or you can use race ramps. They are awesome!
Old 4/29/14, 06:47 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
I was just thinking about this thread! I need to get 4 magnetic pads soon. Quick question though. My jack is almost flat, but not exactly. It has a small lip most of the way around. Should I get the heavy duty pads, or will the plastic ones still work?

My jack is very similar to this one:
http://www.zoro.com/g/00108431/k-G37...Fak7Mgod_W4A2Q
Old 4/29/14, 06:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a cute little jack. Seriously - you should consider upgrading if you are routinely working on your car. I am sure it goes without saying, but make sure you also use jackstands.
Old 4/29/14, 10:27 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by 88lx50
That's a cute little jack. Seriously - you should consider upgrading if you are routinely working on your car. I am sure it goes without saying, but make sure you also use jackstands.
Yep. Autozone had this, and 2 jack stands on sale for under $50 last year. I use it to swap brake pads before and after my track days. It's cheap and little, but it does well. Plus I like the fact it fits into a plastic bin I take with me to track days (along with oil, brake fluid, torque wrench, jack stands, spare set of pads, etc.)

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 4/29/14 at 10:31 AM.
Old 4/29/14, 10:40 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
I was just thinking about this thread! I need to get 4 magnetic pads soon. Quick question though. My jack is almost flat, but not exactly. It has a small lip most of the way around. Should I get the heavy duty pads, or will the plastic ones still work?

My jack is very similar to this one:
http://www.zoro.com/g/00108431/k-G37...Fak7Mgod_W4A2Q
With that jack, use the universal.
Old 4/29/14, 01:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Just got a set of these. Seem to work alright. Only concern is that when using it on the rear the pinch welds seem to cut into the pad a little bit...but I don't think it's really hurting anything.

Can't argue with the price, either

Quick Reply: NEW! magnetic jack pad for Mustang