Sponsored By:

NEW! magnetic jack pad for Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/13, 10:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Snoopy49
Did you use a floor jack?
used a floor jack at the front to lift the front end up and rested the pads on jack stands.
Old 5/27/13, 02:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bones302
used a floor jack at the front to lift the front end up and rested the pads on jack stands.
Old 5/29/13, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol. forgot to take one of these off after I was done tooling around and drove off for a road test. good thing it has a magnet!

seriously, for $26 a pair, these are awesome.
Old 6/1/13, 05:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I got my set of four and used them today. They are a nice quality. However you can tell each is hand made. They worked perfectly on the hoist at work. Made it exponentially easier! One did kind of stick to the pinch rail, had to pull a bit to get it off. When I called to order I must say that whomever answered lack business phone skills. They directed me to send a email to order. I gave them home and business address. I requested they be shipped to work. Got them at home 2 days later. All in all I love the product and think any Mustang owner who plans on working on their car should have a set. Took some under car pictures while it was in the air too...
Attached Images      
Old 6/1/13, 08:13 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Got my set in the mail yesterday. I ran into a hiccup. In 3 out of the 4 mounting locations the pads when right on. On the 5th location (in front of the rear passenger side tire) it looks like Ford messed up the pinch weld. The metal edge is not flat and there's a big burr on the weld. So I can't install it on that location. Looks like I have some filing and maybe a little love tap to get it flat.
Old 6/1/13, 08:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
I just used a low-profile floor jack to put on my new rims and the standard pad of the jack had no problems lifting the car without any pinch-weld bracket/pad/brace/whatever ... and no damage to the pinch welds
Old 6/1/13, 09:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
I just used a low-profile floor jack to put on my new rims and the standard pad of the jack had no problems lifting the car without any pinch-weld bracket/pad/brace/whatever ... and no damage to the pinch welds
Over time if you jack yours up enough it will start to bend the pinch weld. I change out to drag radials on mine and its starting to bend slightly from putting the jack to it over and over. Def gonna snag a set here soon
Old 6/2/13, 09:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by conv_stang

Over time if you jack yours up enough it will start to bend the pinch weld. I change out to drag radials on mine and its starting to bend slightly from putting the jack to it over and over. Def gonna snag a set here soon
Agreed. The pinch weld design kind of sucks.
Old 6/7/13, 01:09 PM

Perfect, I used 2 low-profile jacks at the front, one on each side, lifting the front nicely --before land it on the two ramps -- it is perfect for change oil or switching the tires from front to back -- Great product. They have a product even better - fit my other car 08 ZO6, Thanks John
Old 6/7/13, 01:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
These pads would also be used if the car's going up on a 4-post lift, wouldn't they?
Old 6/7/13, 10:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
One of my pictures shows the pad from the back side while the car is on the lift... Worked great!
Old 6/7/13, 10:32 PM
GT Member

ordered a set of 4, shipped real quick

hoping to put to use this weekend
Old 6/8/13, 07:38 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by skramblr
Got my set in the mail yesterday. I ran into a hiccup. In 3 out of the 4 mounting locations the pads when right on. On the 5th location (in front of the rear passenger side tire) it looks like Ford messed up the pinch weld. The metal edge is not flat and there's a big burr on the weld. So I can't install it on that location. Looks like I have some filing and maybe a little love tap to get it flat.
Just give us a call, we have wider slots for some cars and we will send some no charge. The pinch weld is made to be jacked up at that point.
Old 6/8/13, 07:41 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by skramblr
Originally Posted by kylerohde
Agreed. The pinch weld design kind of sucks.
The cars with the slots in the lower rocker panel is made to be picked up by the pinch weld. Look at the stock jack in the trunk and you will see the jack picks the car up at the pinch weld. We can send a wider one no charge.
Old 6/8/13, 07:43 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by conv_stang
No it will not bend the pinch weld, the sides of the pad help pick up also. Now you can bend the pinch weld if you pick the car up at a very high angle, better to use two jacks or lift.
Old 6/8/13, 07:47 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 14Glassback
I got my set of four and used them today. They are a nice quality. However you can tell each is hand made. They worked perfectly on the hoist at work. Made it exponentially easier! One did kind of stick to the pinch rail, had to pull a bit to get it off. When I called to order I must say that whomever answered lack business phone skills. They directed me to send a email to order. I gave them home and business address. I requested they be shipped to work. Got them at home 2 days later. All in all I love the product and think any Mustang owner who plans on working on their car should have a set. Took some under car pictures while it was in the air too...
I talked to you, but they pulled the order and shipped before I got back to tell them to send to your business address. It's tough to take the phone orders and the web site. We try not to duplicate the orders. Yes they are hand made and right here in the US by me.
Old 6/8/13, 07:50 PM
Supporting Vendor

If you look at the top pic, you will see that it picks the car up with the bottom of the pinch weld and the floor pan.

One other note, the pads are to be used with a lift or floor jack with a large top and you do not want to crush the rocker covers. You do not need them to use jack stands, because the stands have a small top that fits to the opening for the pinch weld. The openings in the rocker covers are made to pick the car up at the pinch weld.
Better to put jack stands under the sub frame.
Attached Thumbnails NEW! magnetic jack pad for Mustang-image.jpg  

Last edited by Magjackpad; 6/8/13 at 08:21 PM.
Old 6/8/13, 08:28 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Dineau
Sent them a PM for information and they never got back to me !
Just checked PMs and have no PM from you. You can call anytime or email john@gsimaviation.com. I did pm you. Thanks John
Old 6/8/13, 08:34 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by kylerohde
These pads would also be used if the car's going up on a 4-post lift, wouldn't they?
Yes they are made for a lift to be used also. An large base jacking top can be used.
Old 6/16/13, 07:31 PM
GT Member

Finally got around to using these, made things much easier. I want to thank John for helping out and directing me to order the Roush pads as I have the Roush splitters. They fit perfectly.

Thanks again John.

Quick Reply: NEW! magnetic jack pad for Mustang