Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

MyColor footwell light reverts to green when changing colors.

Old 1/3/17, 11:04 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question MyColor footwell light reverts to green when changing colors.

Hey everyone, new here. Have a question. Just recently purchase a 10 gt 'vert and loving. I didn't notice one thing though until after I got home with it. (In the dark)

The mycolor is absolutely an amazing addon in this car. When i change the colors of the interior lighting, every color changes fine. But when I change the interior lighting to regular blue, The driver side footwell seems to stay green while the rest of the car goes to blue. Every other color works fine, including icy blue. It's only regular blue that for some reason reverts to green in the driver side footwell. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 1/3/17, 12:15 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Being a 2010, I'd expect the warranty to be out. Since all colors other than normal blue seem ok, I'd guess the controller has a fault. It's possible the floor light is bad, but then I'd expect problems with all colors (colours for our Canadian friends).
Old 1/3/17, 12:17 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SpectreH
Being a 2010, I'd expect the warranty to be out. Since all colors other than normal blue seem ok, I'd guess the controller has a fault. It's possible the floor light is bad, but then I'd expect problems with all colors (colours for our Canadian friends).
That is the weird part that it's only the one light, and only on the color blue. Any one know where it's possible to order a replacement light and possible cost of this?
Old 1/4/17, 03:42 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
While under warranty my door sill (the word MUSTANG) on the drivers side wouldn't change colors and was stuck on a crap green color. My dealer changed the sill with a new one and all was fixed I would try to find a wiring diagram and start from there.
Old 1/4/17, 05:11 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

If the left and right footwell lamps are the same item, you could swap them side to side and see if the problem follows the lamp.
Old 1/10/17, 04:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I believe these LED's are RGB, so maybe it's possible that one of the three primary colored LED's is out on that bulb? I have RGB LED lights behind my TV and a few of them are out so when I set the color to white there are a few green spots in the lighting because he blue LED portion of that bulb is blown out?!?
Old 1/10/17, 11:35 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
I believe these LED's are RGB, so maybe it's possible that one of the three primary colored LED's is out on that bulb? I have RGB LED lights behind my TV and a few of them are out so when I set the color to white there are a few green spots in the lighting because he blue LED portion of that bulb is blown out?!?
Thank you for your reply, that does make sense. Never though of it! I LOVE the blue interior led colors, just not a fan of seeing green only on my side footwell lol. Any other color words though, which by your definition the Blue LED portion is definitely shot. Any idea where I could go about ordering a replacement?

I can't seem to find any parts on the ford website either pertaining to the mycolor system.

Last edited by grimesd; 1/10/17 at 11:36 AM.
Old 1/10/17, 12:02 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I still think in order to verify for certain that it is the footwell LED that is bad and not the controller, you should swap the right and left LEDs if possible. If the passenger side then reverts to green, you know to get the LED. If the drivers side continues to have the problem, you know it is the controller or wiring. Don't just buy parts, verify what is bad first.
Old 1/10/17, 12:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SpectreH
I still think in order to verify for certain that it is the footwell LED that is bad and not the controller, you should swap the right and left LEDs if possible. If the passenger side then reverts to green, you know to get the LED. If the drivers side continues to have the problem, you know it is the controller or wiring. Don't just buy parts, verify what is bad first.
Definitely true, do you believe if this is an easy task or not? I'm just curious. It's about 10 degrees here right now so want to know the task ahead before I attempt it lol
Old 1/10/17, 03:50 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by grimesd
Definitely true, do you believe if this is an easy task or not? I'm just curious. It's about 10 degrees here right now so want to know the task ahead before I attempt it lol
I'm not sure how hard it will be to pull them out. The brackets are easy to see, but I couldn't' tell how they were attached. Perhaps the lower portion of the console needs to come off.

Here's a vid on console removal:

Doesn't look hard, but 10 degrees makes everything harder.
Old 1/11/17, 08:58 AM
V6 Member

Thank you spectre I'll check it out, much appreciated. It's suppose to be 40 today so I think Ill attempt to at-least see where the lights are underneath and how to get to them, thank you! I guess it's a silly thing to worry about. I wouldn't even worry about it if it wasn't for the only color that I really like being out lol.
Old 1/12/17, 04:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah once you get it out and IF it is the actual bulb, it should be pretty easy to bring it up to the dealership and at least get a part number so you can start looking for a replacement.... GOOD LUCK!!!

Search this Thread