2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My Mustang is Gone

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/15, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Mustang is Gone

For the sake of closure, I figured I would tell the final chapter of the problems I've had and detailed in previous posts. After the second engine in my 2014 GT TP started misfiring and the dealership couldn't/wouldn't fix it, and my car had been out of service for over 80 days, I realized my car was a lemon and I wanted Ford to buy it back. It took 6 months, but eventually they agreed, gave me a fair price and paid off my loan. Now, my dream car that I loved is gone. I couldn't see driving around in a broken car that couldn't be fixed, so despite my passion for the car, I knew I had to get rid of it and move on. The 2015 GT doesn't quite do it for me, so I'm going to move on to a 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack. I drove the Challenger R/T back when I was shopping, but the 2014 GT was superior in every way. This time, I found the ScatPack more exciting, so that's what I'm going to get. I'll be borrowing a car until I can order the new one. I hope no one here has to go through what I did with my Mustang, and I wish everyone continued enjoyment of their cars.
Old 8/2/15, 12:01 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Sorry to hear you had to get rid of your car. These things are rare, but they do happen. Glad to hear that Ford took care of you though. Good luck with the Challenger, and I hope you can enjoy it properly.

P.S. I hear you on the S550. If something happened with my '14 I'd be looking elsewhere. Probably the next Camaro. Sad but true. Hopefully they fix the terrible looks of the S550 in MY17/19. Who knows, maybe you'll be back in a Mustang in 5 or 6 years.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 8/2/15 at 12:04 PM.
Old 8/2/15, 12:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
So why didn't you find another '14? Not that I'm tryin' to sway your decision makin' process, just curious... If it's the car you want, there's others out there waitin' for ya! Sure, it's not *brand* new... but there's creampuffs out there, gently used. I got my GT used, and *knocks wood* she's been pretty great for me.

But I can understand how you'd want outta THAT one... sometimes they're just not gonna work.
Old 8/2/15, 01:51 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, sorry the stang didn't work out for you. The scat pack is a bad azz ride though
Old 8/2/15, 02:23 PM

I've always thought the Camaro third behind Mustang and Challenger, but the new Camaro is intriguing. With lower weight and improved interior, I'm sure it will be a better car then the old one.
I considered finding another 2014, but I ordered my old one just the way I wanted it, and with all the problems I had, I don't want to tempt fate, even though the odds are I would not have the same experience. I want to start fresh with a new car like I did 20 months ago, and the Scat Pack has me excited.
I could absolutely return to a Mustang for my next car, if my wounds have healed and if the car feels right.

Last edited by Beavis9000; 8/2/15 at 02:37 PM.
Old 8/2/15, 04:20 PM

You will love the scat pack. A friend of mine has a loaded 15 scat with A8. Bone stock w/ hellcat inlet it was running 12.50's in 1900 DA weather at 1500 elevation. I would trade straight up in a heart beat. Good luck.
Old 8/2/15, 05:44 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Challenger would be my choice if I had an experience like yours. Hope you enjoy it.
Old 8/2/15, 07:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The Challenger Scat Pack would be my choice as well as I almost bought a Challenger RT two years ago before I bought my Mustang. Heck, my 14 GT is not giving me any issues and I'm tempted to trade it in for a Scat Pack. I love how the Challengers look and the 6.4L is a beast and I hear the new A8 is a nice transmission as well. Have fun with your new car when you get it.

Wayne
Old 8/3/15, 01:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Considering challenger myself too, just to switch things up.
Old 8/3/15, 06:12 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Beavis9000
For the sake of closure, I figured I would tell the final chapter of the problems I've had and detailed in previous posts. After the second engine in my 2014 GT TP started misfiring and the dealership couldn't/wouldn't fix it, and my car had been out of service for over 80 days, I realized my car was a lemon and I wanted Ford to buy it back. It took 6 months, but eventually they agreed, gave me a fair price and paid off my loan. Now, my dream car that I loved is gone. I couldn't see driving around in a broken car that couldn't be fixed, so despite my passion for the car, I knew I had to get rid of it and move on. The 2015 GT doesn't quite do it for me, so I'm going to move on to a 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack. I drove the Challenger R/T back when I was shopping, but the 2014 GT was superior in every way. This time, I found the ScatPack more exciting, so that's what I'm going to get. I'll be borrowing a car until I can order the new one. I hope no one here has to go through what I did with my Mustang, and I wish everyone continued enjoyment of their cars.
Sorry about your car troubles, A friend of mine at work is saving up to buy a new Challenger R/T Scat Pack. I went online and at the price Dodge is asking new for that car it really is a good deal. It made me think about one as well in the future.

Last edited by Mustang-4.6; 8/3/15 at 10:24 AM.
Old 8/3/15, 07:05 AM
GT Member

If the Challenger was 3/4 scale I'd be in one right now.
Old 8/3/15, 08:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Mustang is Gone

I'd be worried about Dodge reliability. Other than that a scat pack seems like an awesome car.
Old 8/3/15, 09:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

It's unfortunate that the mustang didn't work out for you and left a bad taste to make you shift to Dodge. I really like the retro look of the challenger, but when I test drove one it felt like I was driving in a dark cave. Good luck with it though.
Old 8/3/15, 10:25 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Why not just get a used Boss and save a bunch of money? The Scat Pack starts out at 38k and is only 12.6 in the 1/4 mile...a GT can almost do that, let alone a Boss
Old 8/4/15, 07:35 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I personally wouldn't give Mustang another look, not after all of the issues you've had, just leaves a nasty taste in your mouth! maybe later on down the road after this experience is behind you.
Old 8/5/15, 03:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dave07
I'd be worried about Dodge reliability.
Based on what?
Old 8/5/15, 04:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wannabe
Based on what?
Dodge/Fiat consistently ranks near the bottom of reliability in both JD Power and Consumer Reports survey's.
Old 8/5/15, 06:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just curious. Not sure I see any more reliability issues reported on the Challenger forums than here or the Camaro site. I'm knocking on the desk as I say I've not had any problems with the Challenger, and my 2004 Dodge truck was trouble free as well.

That said, as disappointed as I am with the Ford service experience on two recent vehicles, Ford looks pretty good compared to Dodge in that regard. It always feels like Chrysler is doing you a favor if they need to fix something... and they make a production of ensuring you didn't do something to cause the problem to begin with.
Old 8/8/15, 05:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Beavis9000
I've always thought the Camaro third behind Mustang and Challenger, but the new Camaro is intriguing. With lower weight and improved interior, I'm sure it will be a better car then the old one.
I considered finding another 2014, but I ordered my old one just the way I wanted it, and with all the problems I had, I don't want to tempt fate, even though the odds are I would not have the same experience. I want to start fresh with a new car like I did 20 months ago, and the Scat Pack has me excited.
I could absolutely return to a Mustang for my next car, if my wounds have healed and if the car feels right.
Camaro was always 3rd on my list. GM quality just doesn't rank very high. especially with their interiors. Even the C7 vettes suffer from various squeaks, rattles, orange peel, and panel gap issues and that is their top of the line vehicle.

The 2016 Camaro stole its interior from the Malibu, by the way.

When I was shopping I was looking at Challengers and Mustangs, the dealership experience decided me on the Mustang. Chrysler's dealers are still operating like it's 1985, high pressure sales, arrogant attitudes, and refused to give me straight forward answers. I had no such issues with my Ford dealership. And now with Chrysler in deep doodoo over the fines and recalls and the NHSTA forcing them to buy back Jeeps and some Dodge Rams for transmission and steering wheel issues that they have been unable to come up with fixes for, they're looking at ending up in bankruptcy again. They were already in trouble before that with the CEO of Fiat trying to force a merger with GM. The CEO of Fiat has also pushed back all refreshes to Chrysler products by at least 2 years. Speculation is that may be extended up to 4 years. Fiat only bought Chrysler to get a foothold in the U.S. for their crappy Fiat 500s and that hasn't worked out for them either.

As a matter of fact, my next service is free because I had to wait 2 hours on a saturday for an oil change. And I didn't make an appointment, so I expected the wait. They gave me a card for the free full synthetic oil change anyway and I always bring my own Ford Racing oil filter for them to use instead of the standard Motorcraft one.

Last edited by CriticalmassGT; 8/8/15 at 05:24 PM.
Old 8/9/15, 04:52 AM
GT Member

Having owned a 2010 rt challenger I can tell you that car is enormous compared to a mustang. Sure it has like 480hp last time I checked but it's gonna need all that and more to move about 4100 lbs of car. I agree with the one who said it's about 25% too big and heavy. It's really just like a mustang gt with two 300 lb friends sitting in the back seat.

Quick Reply: My Mustang is Gone