Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/14, 12:05 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...

Ok... going to start this thread to chronicle my latest "updates". I don't think I shared it with all of you yet. Pics will be after this 1st post.

Power:
3.6 pulley - in transit from Magnuson (thanks Cindy!) - UPDATE (arrived 7/2)
Roush Intake - in transit from JDM (thanks Jim!)
JDM tune - arriving today/tomorrow
Gates SC Belt (shorter) - arrived today!

Safety: (not sure what else to call it...lol )
Ford Racing -M50 plugs - shipping today from Hypermotive (thanks Dan!) - UPDATE (arrived 7/2)
Bob's Oil Separator (standard kit) - arrived today!
- Anodized Fittings (blue) and SS braided lines soon!

Aesthetic:
GT/CS Fascia - shipping tomorrow or next week from Hypermotive (thanks Dan!) - UPDATE (arrived 6/30)
Custom Halo Fogs (smoked) - shipping in 2 weeks from HIDGuy (thanks Oscar!)
Custom SpeedDawg **** - installed.

Another step in Marilyn's "evolution". I have been meaning to start a my car then and now thread... it would be neat to see how Marilyn started out stock, and how she is now. Lol...

Last edited by FromZto5; 7/2/14 at 01:24 PM.
Old 6/26/14, 12:31 PM
I Have No Life

Some packages arrived today... My wife had to order the Lego Movie for the boys to get free shipping. Lol... notice the legos on the carpet

SC belt, Bob's separator, and OEM PCV connectors. Oh also my speeddawg **** installed.
Attached Thumbnails My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-img_3740.jpg   My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-img_3741.jpg   My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-img_3743.jpg   My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-img_3708.jpg  

Last edited by FromZto5; 6/26/14 at 12:37 PM.
Old 6/26/14, 12:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Where's MY thanks?

Also, add tint to side markers to your list
Old 6/26/14, 12:34 PM
I Have No Life

Did a mock-up of the Bob's in the car. I went with Silver (not brushed aluminum), so I think it fits in with the Boss STB nicely. I'll post finished install pics tonight.

Sometime soon, I want to get blue anodized fittings, and SS hoses on my own.
Attached Thumbnails My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-img_3742.jpg  
Old 6/26/14, 12:41 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by laserred38
Where's MY thanks?

Also, add tint to side markers to your list
LOL... for what? I didn't even get the boots yet!

And you and your tinted sidemarkers... yes, I will have to do that to match my new smoked fogs. I'm thinking I just spray the sidemarkers. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 6/26/14, 02:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
LOL... for what? I didn't even get the boots yet! And you and your tinted sidemarkers... yes, I will have to do that to match my new smoked fogs. I'm thinking I just spray the sidemarkers. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Lmao. I think I've been trying to get you to tint your sidemarkers for as long as I've been telling you to get Konis
Old 6/26/14, 10:31 PM
I Have No Life

Oil separator install is complete. I ended up needing only one 90degree pcv connector because the pcv intake inlet to the Maggie was already oriented 90 degrees putting it right inline with the separator fitting. This actually me to have a shorter hose run plus no bends/kinks in the hose.

Pics show my harbor freight 3/8's torque wrench which I love since I bought on special , also my Father's Day gift this year...18v Milwaukee Fuel impact driver. God I love that thing.
Attached Thumbnails My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-image-3064457767.jpg   My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-image-2631550068.jpg  
Old 6/26/14, 10:39 PM
I Have No Life

And here's the finished product. IMO, because of the orientation of the Maggie pcv intake inlet, thereby eliminating the 90 degree elbow connector and the big hose loop run, it makes for a very clean, almost oem looking setup.

Edit: Ideally, I know I want to get braided or SS braided hoses to replace the black hoses and clamps the kit came with. I'll also get blue anodized fittings along with it.

Of course, I think I made the right choice going with the silver separator. It matched the Boss STB perfectly. I'm glad I didn't plastidip that black.

I also started the engine to make sure I had no leaks. All is well. I hope to drive her some tomorrow and test out the separator. Anyone have any idea when we have to clean the separator out? (I don't mean draining it...there's already a valve for that.). I'm talking taking it apart and cleaning the filter...do we have to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWzZC33-n1Q
Attached Thumbnails My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-image-477627075.jpg   My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-image-1121130541.jpg   My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-image-1815039490.jpg  

Last edited by FromZto5; 6/26/14 at 10:43 PM.
Old 6/27/14, 06:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ok! ignore my other post in the other thread about the bobs can. it is the catch can lol!!

I know that this sounds like a silly question.... is there enough slack in your bends with the catch can? I don't now how much your engine will move away if you push it hard.

I emailed Alex from AM, I'm going to order one of the bolt on kits they have online. I like the JLT one where you can twist off the bottom end.
Old 6/27/14, 06:51 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
ok! ignore my other post in the other thread about the bobs can. it is the catch can lol!! I know that this sounds like a silly question.... is there enough slack in your bends with the catch can? I don't now how much your engine will move away if you push it hard. I emailed Alex from AM, I'm going to order one of the bolt on kits they have online. I like the JLT one where you can twist off the bottom end.
Yes it's the oil separator. As far as slack, yes, esp the top one. Trick is you can't put too much slack because the hoses are rigid enough that they'll push on the connections if too much, or pull if not enough. The bottom hose I was planning to redo to make longer. All will be temporary anyways until I get special fittings and SS hoses.

2 comments for you.

A) don't give AM business. Long story.

B) jlt is not as effective as bob's or Moroso. Lots of threads about this.

Last edited by FromZto5; 6/27/14 at 06:53 AM.
Old 6/27/14, 07:13 AM
Cobra Member

Yes it's the oil separator. As far as slack, yes, esp the top one. Trick is you can't put too much slack because the hoses are rigid enough that they'll push on the connections if too much, or pull if not enough. The bottom hose I was planning to redo to make longer. All will be temporary anyways until I get special fittings and SS hoses.

2 comments for you.

A) don't give AM business. Long story.

B) jlt is not as effective as bob's or Moroso. Lots of threads about this.

thanks for your feedback, if you could send me a PM about why, i'd appreciate it! i'd rather keep your comments private rather than have all kinds of drama stirred up.

I like the idea of twisting off the bottom of the can rather than draining it. to me, it feels like it would be a cleaner way to go... I dunno.
Old 6/27/14, 07:37 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
thanks for your feedback, if you could send me a PM about why, i'd appreciate it! i'd rather keep your comments private rather than have all kinds of drama stirred up. I like the idea of twisting off the bottom of the can rather than draining it. to me, it feels like it would be a cleaner way to go... I dunno.
Np Joe. I will do that.

As far as the twisting off, it's actually less of a mess. The valve on the bottom of the can is ready to just be turned on or off. What folks do that I've seen on here and internet is just put a ziplock Baggie underneath. Open valve. Drain. Close. Done. IMO, it's less of a mess than twisting and possibly spilling etc.

I had the jlt for about a week. I also didn't like how it wasn't really mounted to anything, but rather relied on the tension and rigidity of the stock pcv hose. I also heard that the jlt, due to its small can and lack of rigid restraint, has a tendency to slosh the fluid around and back up through the intake portion. Lastly, because of the design of the Bobs, with the intake to the can being on the bottom and forcing the vapors UP, and thus trapping more of the fluid DOWN, is brilliant. Simple but brilliant. Results in more filtered blow by, more oil caught before going through to your intake.
Old 6/27/14, 07:45 AM
Cobra Member

Np Joe. I will do that.

As far as the twisting off, it's actually less of a mess. The valve on the bottom of the can is ready to just be turned on or off. What folks do that I've seen on here and internet is just put a ziplock Baggie underneath. Open valve. Drain. Close. Done. IMO, it's less of a mess than twisting and possibly spilling etc.

I had the jlt for about a week. I also didn't like how it wasn't really mounted to anything, but rather relied on the tension and rigidity of the stock pcv hose. I also heard that the jlt, due to its small can and lack of rigid restraint, has a tendency to slosh the fluid around and back up through the intake portion. Lastly, because of the design of the Bobs, with the intake to the can being on the bottom and forcing the vapors UP, and thus trapping more of the fluid DOWN, is brilliant. Simple but brilliant. Results in more filtered blow by, more oil caught before going through to your intake.
AH! I see! thank you for the clarification and explanation. That does make perfect sense! I am GLAD that i haven't made an investment into one yet and will definitely dig a little bit deeper and will consult with you gurus online for your input before I buy

I know that this is a small investment, but.... as any contractor will say, measure twice, cut once
Old 6/30/14, 12:49 PM
I Have No Life

So I got an email/text from my wife... she entitled it "Is this for you? "

Then I had her open it and send me a pic since I'm at work...hehehehe.

GT/CS front fascia - "check!!!"

Power:
3.6 pulley - in transit from Magnuson (thanks Cindy!)
Roush Intake - in transit from JDM (thanks Jim!)
JDM tune - arriving today/tomorrow
Gates SC Belt (shorter) - arrived today!

Safety: (not sure what else to call it...lol )
Ford Racing -M50 plugs - shipping today from Hypermotive (thanks Dan!)
Bob's Oil Separator (standard kit) - arrived today!
- Anodized Fittings (blue) and SS braided lines soon!

Aesthetic:
GT/CS Fascia - shipping tomorrow or next week from Hypermotive (thanks Dan!) - UPDATE (arrived 6/30)
Custom Halo Fogs (smoked) - shipping in 2 weeks from HIDGuy (thanks Oscar!)
Custom SpeedDawg **** - installed.
Attached Images   

Last edited by FromZto5; 6/30/14 at 12:51 PM.
Old 6/30/14, 01:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Worst unboxing pics evar lol!
Old 6/30/14, 01:28 PM
I Have No Life

^ that was my wife!!!! not me
Old 6/30/14, 01:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

^ that was my wife!!!! not me
I know lol she already hates me anyways so...
Old 6/30/14, 04:45 PM
I Have No Life

Delicious!!!!

Unwrapped the box today and have to stop myself from tearing into the car right now!!!
Attached Thumbnails My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-image-283204934.jpg  

Last edited by FromZto5; 6/30/14 at 04:47 PM.
Old 6/30/14, 04:51 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Awesome thread Burton.
Keep us posted bud. Your car has come a long way and looks great.
Old 6/30/14, 05:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Awesome thread Burton. Keep us posted bud. Your car has come a long way and looks great.
Yep he's running out of things to buy lol

Quick Reply: My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...