2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My 2011 update.

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/14, 09:45 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ yep I love my gauge pod. Although I do admit, sometimes, the steering wheel blocks the visibility of it, and I find myself looking down and away from the view of the road just to read my boost The alternative is a pillar mount gauge, but for me, it's just personal preference, but those look ricey to me.
Old 5/6/14, 09:47 AM
I Have No Life

here you go... gauge vent pod and Defi gauge in action
Attached Thumbnails My 2011 update.-img_2326-1-.jpg  
Old 5/6/14, 09:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Yeah yours is what sold me, I like the subtleness of it. Everytime you see gauge pods you think okay this person COULD have boost. with it hidden out of sight, it makes them less suspecting
Old 5/6/14, 09:54 AM
Cobra R Member

also thanks for chiming in and following this even though not much has happened lol. The wait is killing me.
Old 5/6/14, 10:22 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by rmurer
Yeah yours is what sold me, I like the subtleness of it. Everytime you see gauge pods you think okay this person COULD have boost. with it hidden out of sight, it makes them less suspecting
also thanks for chiming in and following this even though not much has happened lol. The wait is killing me.
np at all. I understand all about the wait. Heck, 2 days wait was long enough for me already Originally, I was planning on having a shop do the install on the Blower. Then, after it sat on my garage for less than a day, I thought to myself, nope, I'm doing it all myself because I can't just let it "sit" there, you know?

As for the gauge, I think the Roush one you mentioned would be good, since you're getting a Roush/VMP TVS unit right? Was it the plain white or black version? I thought about those too, but wanted the Defi for quality and accuracy. Pricier, but worth it. Also, if you notice in that pic of mine, the "boost limiter" is a red arrow that you can adjust via the bezel. I have mine set to about 9 psi I think. I could've gotten a red lit gauge too, but wanted blue to match my interior/exterior color

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/6/14 at 10:26 AM.
Old 5/6/14, 10:37 AM
Cobra R Member

np at all. I understand all about the wait. Heck, 2 days wait was long enough for me already Originally, I was planning on having a shop do the install on the Blower. Then, after it sat on my garage for less than a day, I thought to myself, nope, I'm doing it all myself because I can't just let it "sit" there, you know?

As for the gauge, I think the Roush one you mentioned would be good, since you're getting a Roush/VMP TVS unit right? Was it the plain white or black version? I thought about those too, but wanted the Defi for quality and accuracy. Pricier, but worth it. Also, if you notice in that pic of mine, the "boost limiter" is a red arrow that you can adjust via the bezel. I have mine set to about 9 psi I think. I could've gotten a red lit gauge too, but wanted blue to match my interior/exterior color
Yeah the unit is based off a roush design. The boost gauge is the black one that i was looking at. Good news is it sounds like they are going to try to get it shipped out today. And i plan on doing the install myself as well with the help of a few friends.
Old 5/6/14, 12:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Well my excitement got the best of me and my dealings with VMP has so far not been stellar. Maybe its just my experience but things just really arn't going smoothly for me. They were trying to get the kit shipped out today but it seems now they are out of stock on the 82mm pulley..which i initially ordered. 1. You think that would be something you would see if you had instock before you offered it to someone.

Now if i want the kit to ship i have the option of going with the 85mm pulley and then at discount buy the 82 when it gets in... Talk about a headache..
Old 5/6/14, 03:37 PM
Cobra R Member

well the kit is shipped...minus a pulley lol
Old 5/6/14, 04:23 PM
I Have No Life

well the kit is shipped...minus a pulley lol
Hmm... So you'll install and tune it based on a larger pulley then have to repeat process when other pulley comes in?
Old 5/6/14, 04:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Hmm... So you'll install and tune it based on a larger pulley then have to repeat process when other pulley comes in?
No i decided to for go the 85mm pulley since they were going to make me pay for the one i initially ordered at discount lol.

So its a kit without a pulley then they'll ship the correct pulley out next week...

yeah to say the least, been a bit of a adventure so far. Atleast it gives me time to study the install manual and get things prepped.
Old 5/9/14, 03:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I got some packages today!!!!

Still minus the pulley so all i can really do is look at this stuff.

twin jet vmp throttle body

Old 5/9/14, 10:42 PM
I Have No Life

Well I got some packages today!!!! Still minus the pulley so all i can really do is look at this stuff. twin jet vmp throttle body
When's the pulley coming? You can probably start on the removal eh? Start installation?
Old 5/10/14, 12:31 AM
Cobra R Member

When's the pulley coming? You can probably start on the removal eh? Start installation?
sadly i need to use it to drive throughout the week. the pulley is comming sometime next week.
Old 5/12/14, 07:42 AM
Cobra R Member

This is just unreal. Email VMP to find out when they are suppose to be getting the pulleys in and he says friday. So I have to wait another week to install. This is just unreal.

Extremely disappointed in VMP tuning. Of course they're offering me a bare aluminum pulley because they have to be anodized.
Old 5/12/14, 09:43 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I'm confused as to why the pulley is shipped separately. Is it a part with multiple options and you pick one?
Old 5/12/14, 09:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I'm confused as to why the pulley is shipped separately. Is it a part with multiple options and you pick one?
They have multiple sizes you can choose from. It was shipped separately because that's what I choose. It was going on a week after I had placed my order and they were still waiting on the pulleys which they were out of, in the size I wanted so I told them just to ship the kit without the pulley and they would ship the pulley when it came in. They had told me this week, I had no idea it was going to be at the end of the week on Friday.
Old 5/13/14, 03:50 PM
Cobra R Member

got my boost gauge and vent pod today so thats something lol but then again i ordered that from AM..never steered me wrong.
Old 5/13/14, 05:19 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
They have multiple sizes you can choose from. It was shipped separately because that's what I choose. It was going on a week after I had placed my order and they were still waiting on the pulleys which they were out of, in the size I wanted so I told them just to ship the kit without the pulley and they would ship the pulley when it came in. They had told me this week, I had no idea it was going to be at the end of the week on Friday.
oic gotcha. i mean that's a GOTCHA.
Like when the cable guy says 'in the morning' and shows up at 11:59 am LOL
Old 5/16/14, 03:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Installed the boost gauge, minus it actually reading boost. Wanted to atleast feel like i've accomplished something with this install so far.

but BOY was this easy! atleast to wire it, running the vacuum line doesn't seem like a big deal either.

Basically how it sits when the cars off

What it'll look like during the day.

Then i have it kick on the blue light when it gets dark and the head lights kick on.
Old 5/16/14, 05:50 PM
I Have No Life

Installed the boost gauge, minus it actually reading boost. Wanted to atleast feel like i've accomplished something with this install so far. but BOY was this easy! atleast to wire it, running the vacuum line doesn't seem like a big deal either. Basically how it sits when the cars off What it'll look like during the day. Then i have it kick on the blue light when it gets dark and the head lights kick on.
Very nice... Your car is getting soooo much darker the force is strong in this one.

Quick Reply: My 2011 update.