Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My 2011 update.

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/14, 12:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by B's 5.0
IMO I do not believe a 2015 could look any better. You have a keeper.
Haha thanks, I really do like the look of it with the chin spoiler and splitter definitely gave it a different look.

Now for the supercharger, looks like it'll be shipped early next week, I was expecting a little faster ship time but things happen. So We shall see, I was planning for a next weekend install but that might be pushed back a bit depending on delivery and if all parts are accounted for.
Old 4/30/14, 12:15 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always thought that the 2010-2012 front end had a bit more menace to it in comparison with the other S197s, but you've really brought that character out with the mods you've done.

If I saw that front end in my rear view, I'd move over quickly!

Looking good...
Old 4/30/14, 03:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Noilly Pratt
I always thought that the 2010-2012 front end had a bit more menace to it in comparison with the other S197s, but you've really brought that character out with the mods you've done.

If I saw that front end in my rear view, I'd move over quickly!

Looking good...
Thanks!
Old 4/30/14, 09:18 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Looking awesome rmurer
Old 5/1/14, 06:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Looking awesome rmurer
Thanks Darren!
Old 5/1/14, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rmurer
Haha thanks, I really do like the look of it with the chin spoiler and splitter definitely gave it a different look.

Now for the supercharger, looks like it'll be shipped early next week, I was expecting a little faster ship time but things happen. So We shall see, I was planning for a next weekend install but that might be pushed back a bit depending on delivery and if all parts are accounted for.
Don't forget to post up some pics.
Old 5/2/14, 01:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet ride man. Can't wait to hear about the supercharger too.
Old 5/2/14, 04:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang
Sweet ride man. Can't wait to hear about the supercharger too.
yeah that waiting game is killing me.
Old 5/3/14, 09:28 AM
Cobra R Member

I'm a little disappointed in the ability of VMP to have parts in stock. I mean I know things come up and you run out of stuff but when your kits depend on a certain list of items, you should have those on hand. Especially when someone gives you 6600$...
Old 5/5/14, 11:26 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Sorry to hear. My Maggie and everything else on my car, shipped same day I ordered . I didn't know vmp had a low stock
Old 5/5/14, 11:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Sorry to hear. My Maggie and everything else on my car, shipped same day I ordered . I didn't know vmp had a low stock
Either did I... still no update on shipment so I think we can exclude it going out today...
Old 5/5/14, 11:50 AM
I Have No Life

Either did I... still no update on shipment so I think we can exclude it going out today...
You got it straight from vmp?
Old 5/5/14, 12:09 PM
Cobra R Member

You got it straight from vmp?
Yeah Ordered it over the phone as well so i could talk to someone.

Just got an email back doesn't sound like it'll ship till Wednesday or Thursday.

as "Everything is specifically sourced by kit. " is the reason why its taking so long... Pretty disappointing so far. But i've heard great things about the actual kit itself.
Old 5/5/14, 12:26 PM
I Have No Life

Yeah Ordered it over the phone as well so i could talk to someone. Just got an email back doesn't sound like it'll ship till Wednesday or Thursday. as "Everything is specifically sourced by kit. " is the reason why its taking so long... Pretty disappointing so far. But i've heard great things about the actual kit itself.
Ah I see. Yes the kit is great for sure. It was one of my other options when I got my kit last fall.

Next time, try giving Jay or Dan a shout at hypermotive. They work with vmp and would be able to hook you up with great pricing too.
Old 5/5/14, 03:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Ah I see. Yes the kit is great for sure. It was one of my other options when I got my kit last fall.

Next time, try giving Jay or Dan a shout at hypermotive. They work with vmp and would be able to hook you up with great pricing too.
well hopefully there isn't a need for a next time! lol

But i planned on doing the install this weekend but didn't know it was going to take this long to ship so... postponed till next weekend. I guess in the mean time that's good i can order my gauge and installed that at the same time.

I plan on getting the Aeroforce interceptor with Roush vent pod. I like the fact that it plugs right into the OBD2 port.

Old 5/5/14, 04:01 PM
I Have No Life

well hopefully there isn't a need for a next time! lol But i planned on doing the install this weekend but didn't know it was going to take this long to ship so... postponed till next weekend. I guess in the mean time that's good i can order my gauge and installed that at the same time. I plan on getting the Aeroforce interceptor with Roush vent pod. I like the fact that it plugs right into the OBD2 port.
Oh there will be a "next time". You just started the deep mods, my friend... Just you wait . You'll need jay at hyper soon enough ...

As for your gauge, not sure if you knew, but that gauge will only give you boost if you manually connect a vacuum tube to the manifold just like any other gauge. Hence why I skipped it and went with my Defi.
Old 5/5/14, 04:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Oh there will be a "next time". You just started the deep mods, my friend... Just you wait . You'll need jay at hyper soon enough ...

As for your gauge, not sure if you knew, but that gauge will only give you boost if you manually connect a vacuum tube to the manifold just like any other gauge. Hence why I skipped it and went with my Defi.
Really? I thought it was able to read that through the OBD2 port...guess I assumed wrong, kind of odd that AM doesn't offer the kit for that.
Old 5/5/14, 04:18 PM
I Have No Life

Really? I thought it was able to read that through the OBD2 port...guess I assumed wrong, kind of odd that AM doesn't offer the kit for that.
The gauge itself "can" give the boost readout via obd II... Problem is, the 5.0 GT does not have manifold pressure coming out via obd. I think the Shelby does tho, not sure.
Old 5/5/14, 05:51 PM
Cobra R Member

The gauge itself "can" give the boost readout via obd II... Problem is, the 5.0 GT does not have manifold pressure coming out via obd. I think the Shelby does tho, not sure.
Hm I think im better off just going with a simple boost gauge. I managed to find something else people are using for OBD2 info, a simple bluetooth OBD2 dongle and an android app.
Old 5/6/14, 08:11 AM
Cobra R Member

I think i decided on a roush boost gauge and roush vent pod. If i have any issues, Roush headquarters is only 20 mins away from my house

Quick Reply: My 2011 update.